* Gulliver, the narrator, opens by saying that his father sent him to school when he was young.
* Gulliver was schooled to be a surgeon and also learned other traits to help him at sea, such as navigation.
* After his education, Gulliver was a ship's doctor for a couple years, before settling down with his wife in London.
* Gulliver's friend and mentor died and his practice failed, forcing him to take a position on a ship again.
* After a couple years, Gulliver tried to restart his practice, but failed and had to go back to sea again.
* The voyage is filled with trouble. The men are ill and overworked.
* Six months into the journey, the ship hits a rock.
* Six of the men escape in a dingy, but the dingy overturns and Gulliver is left alone.
* Gulliver swims to land and falls asleep, exhausted.
* When Gulliver awakens...
This section contains 6,809 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)