|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which street is the pub where Carrot tries to arrest the bartender?
(a) Sweetheart Lane.
(b) Dewdrop Street.
(c) Filigree Street.
(d) Scoone Avenue.
2. How tall is Carrot?
(a) Over seven feet tall.
(b) Over six feet tall.
(c) Under five feet tall.
(d) Between five and six feet tall.
3. What happens to the wall with the shadowy outlines of the flamed criminals?
(a) It is painted over.
(b) It is turned into a mural.
(c) It is turned into a target range by the Watch.
(d) It is destroyed.
4. What is the name of the head of the Thieves' Guild?
(a) Brother Fingers.
(b) Samuel Stone.
(c) Hugo von Grune.
(d) Urdo van Pew.
5. Which of the following buildings is not burned by the dragon at this stage?
(a) The Watch house.
(b) A vegetable shop.
(c) A coach house.
(d) Rosie Palm's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Sam Vimes up for the second time when he is staying at Lady Sybil's house?
2. What is the word that Lady Sybil uses to describe Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
3. Which pub does Carrot unintentionally start a fight in?
4. What is unusual about the Librarian of Unseen University?
5. Who of the following does not inspect the footprints in the alley and the charred remains of the criminals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lady Sybil not offended by Nobby's language?
2. What is known about Carrot's sword?
3. Why are the watchmen alarmed when they realize that they are in Sweetheart Lane?
4. Why is Sam Vimes attracted to Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
5. What incident begins to wake up the more idealistic side of Sam Vimes?
6. What is the connection between Lupine Wonse and Sam Vimes?
7. Why is the wall in the alleyway demolished?
8. What does Carrot not realize about the Mrs Palm's "boarding house"?
9. Where did the dwarfs find Carrot?
10. Why is Carrot pleased to be ordered to stay at the Watch Headquarters?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)