|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Patrician's office?
(a) The Oblong Office.
(b) The Oval Office.
(c) The Official Office.
(d) The Octarine Office.
2. Where was Carrot's sword found?
(a) Underneath a temple altar.
(b) In a dragon's hoard.
(c) In the wreckage of a cart.
(d) Down a dwarf mine.
3. What part of the town does the dragon appear in?
(a) Pseudopolis Yard.
(b) The Ankh River.
(c) Sator Square.
(d) The Shades.
4. Who questions the suggestion that the wall in the alley be painted over?
(a) Lupine Wonse.
5. Which of the following does not make up one of the smells in the Watch house?
(a) Unswept chimneys.
(b) Colon's pipe.
(c) Candle grease.
(d) Carrot's armour polish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long, according to the general knowledge cited by Vimes, have dragons been extinct?
2. What do Vimes and Vetinari see on the ground in the alley?
3. Which member of the Watch was killed before the action of the story starts?
4. What sort of dragons does Lady Sybil Ramkin breed?
5. Which of the Elucidated Brethren does not feel nervous and guilty about what they are doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Thieves' Guild reduce or control crime?
2. Why is Lady Sybil not offended by Nobby's language?
3. What does Vimes notice about the prints in the alley that arouse his suspicions?
4. What does Carrot not realize about the Mrs Palm's "boarding house"?
5. Why is Vimes bewildered when Lady Sybil answers her door?
6. What is unusual about Lady Sybil's hair?
7. Why does the mob come to Lady Sybil's place?
8. Why does the Patrician consider the dragon to be a problem beyond his skills?
9. Why is the wall in the alleyway demolished?
10. What is the connection between Lupine Wonse and Sam Vimes?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)