|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Watch was killed before the action of the story starts?
2. How long, according to the general knowledge cited by Vimes, have dragons been extinct?
(a) They never existed at all.
(b) Hundreds of years.
(c) Millions of years.
(d) Thousands of years.
3. Why does Vimes go to visit Lady Sybil?
(a) She has an excellent collection of books about dragons.
(b) Lord Vetinari hinted at it.
(c) She is the most likely person to know about dragons.
(d) The dragon's footsteps looked like they headed towards her house.
4. Which of the following will the Patrician not tolerate in the city?
(a) Door-to-door salesmen.
(b) Con men.
(c) Mime artists.
(d) Rat catchers.
5. Which of the following is not a member of the Elucidated Brethren?
(a) Brother Fruitmonger.
(b) Brother Dunnikin.
(c) Brother Doorkeeper.
(d) Brother Plasterer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following buildings is not burned by the dragon at this stage?
2. How does Vimes drunkenly pronounce "tremble in their boots"?
3. When do swamp dragons have fire inside them?
4. What do Vimes and Vetinari see on the ground in the alley?
5. Which street are Vimes, Colon, Carrot and Nobby walking down when they hear the dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustrates the Supreme Grand Master about the magical artifacts brought by the Elucidated Brethren?
2. How does the Thieves' Guild reduce or control crime?
3. What happens to the artifacts after the dragon has been summoned?
4. Why does Carrot join the Night Watch?
5. What is noticeable about the magical artifacts brought by the Elucidated Brethren for the second summoning of the dragon?
6. What do the Elucidated Brethren believe about the obscure words used in their oaths and ritual curses?
7. Why do the Elucidated Brethren want to summon a dragon?
8. What does Vimes notice about the prints in the alley that arouse his suspicions?
9. What does Carrot not realize about the Mrs Palm's "boarding house"?
10. What is known about Carrot's sword?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)