|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Vimes and Vetinari see on the ground in the alley?
(b) Shed dragon scales.
(c) Broken glass.
(d) Huge footprints.
2. Which of the following will the Patrician not tolerate in the city?
(a) Rat catchers.
(b) Door-to-door salesmen.
(c) Mime artists.
(d) Con men.
3. How does Vetinari travel?
(a) Riding a black horse.
(b) In a chair carried by slaves.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a black coach.
4. Where does Lady Ramkin live?
(a) Sweetheart Lane.
(b) Sator Square.
(c) Spooner Avenue.
(d) Scoone Avenue.
5. Which of the Brethren first mentions a dragon?
(a) The Supreme Grand Master.
(b) Brother Watchtower.
(c) Brother Dunnikin.
(d) Brother Doorkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dwarfish equivalent of a king?
2. When do swamp dragons have fire inside them?
3. Which member of the Watch was killed before the action of the story starts?
4. How does Vimes drunkenly pronounce "tremble in their boots"?
5. How tall is Carrot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between Lupine Wonse and Sam Vimes?
2. How does the Thieves' Guild reduce or control crime?
3. What is noticeable about the magical artifacts brought by the Elucidated Brethren for the second summoning of the dragon?
4. Why does the Patrician consider the dragon to be a problem beyond his skills?
5. What do the Elucidated Brethren believe about the obscure words used in their oaths and ritual curses?
6. Why does the mob come to Lady Sybil's place?
7. Why is Vimes bewildered when Lady Sybil answers her door?
8. How did Vimes get injured?
9. Why do the Elucidated Brethren want to summon a dragon?
10. Why does Vimes completely reject the suggestion that the footprints were made by a wading bird?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)