|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many muggers were flamed by the dragon in the second attack?
(d) We are not told.
2. Does Vimes cover up the footprints found in the alley?
(a) Yes - but he leaves one hidden under a sack in a dark corner.
(b) Yes - he makes sure no trace of them is left.
(c) Yes - but he takes an plaster cast of them first.
(d) No - he believes they should be left as evidence.
3. Who wrote Diseases of the Dragon?
(a) Tubal de Malachite.
(b) Vinny Flamethrower.
(c) The Archchancellor of Unseen University.
(d) Lady Sybil Ramkin.
4. What does Sam Vimes compare the city of Ankh-Morpork to when we first see him?
(a) A woman.
(b) A pot of stew.
(c) A can of sardines.
(d) An apple.
5. Apart from reading the book of law, what does Carrot like to do in his spare time?
(a) Write poetry and clean the Watch house.
(b) Write to his parents and polish his armour.
(c) Play football and sing in a choir.
(d) Drink in taverns and study butterflies.
6. Which Guild was outlawed by the Patrician?
(a) The Guild of Plasterers.
(b) The Guild of Fire Fighters.
(c) The Guild of Doctors.
(d) The Beggar's Guild.
7. What rank does Sam Vimes hold?
8. Where does Sam Vimes hide the plaster cast of the dragon's footprint?
(a) In the privy.
(b) In a drawer of his desk under empty bottles.
(c) In the woodshed behind the Watch house.
(d) In a coal cellar.
9. What does the Patrician keep as a pet?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A horse.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A swamp dragon.
10. What is Sam Vimes wearing when he goes to confront the mob?
(a) A nightshirt and pink fluffy slippers.
(b) Full armour.
(d) Lady Sybil's dressing gown.
11. Which word is missing from this ritual password of the Elucidated Brethren: "The _______ owl hoots in the night."
12. What wakes Sam Vimes up for the second time when he is staying at Lady Sybil's house?
(a) Lady Sybil.
(c) A mob.
(d) The dragon.
13. How does Vimes drunkenly pronounce "tremble in their boots"?
(a) Tumble in their brooms.
(b) Bootle in their trems.
(c) Bremble in their toots.
(d) Bemble in their troops.
14. Which of the following is not sold by Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler?
(a) A cloak of invisibility.
(b) Dragon-piercing arrows.
(c) Portable lair detectors.
(d) Anti-dragon cream.
15. How many stomachs do swamp dragons have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do swamp dragons have fire inside them?
2. What does Vetinari officially attribute the footprints in the alley to?
3. Who questions the suggestion that the wall in the alley be painted over?
4. How many copies of The Summoning of Dragons exist?
5. Which of the following is one of the first to see the dragon at work and survive?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)