|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinctive about the way the Librarian speaks?
(a) He always speaks in block capitals.
(b) He can only say "ook".
(c) He drops his H's.
(d) He mixes Latin with colloquial English.
2. Which pub does Carrot unintentionally start a fight in?
(a) The Mended Drum.
(b) The Broken Drum.
(c) The Dwarf Bar.
(d) The Bunch of Grapes.
3. What do Vimes and Vetinari see on the ground in the alley?
(a) Broken glass.
(b) Huge footprints.
(d) Shed dragon scales.
4. How many muggers were flamed by the dragon in the second attack?
(b) We are not told.
5. Which of the following is not a member of the Elucidated Brethren?
(a) Brother Dunnikin.
(b) Brother Plasterer.
(c) Brother Doorkeeper.
(d) Brother Fruitmonger.
6. Which of the following is not sold by Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler?
(a) Portable lair detectors.
(b) Dragon-piercing arrows.
(c) A cloak of invisibility.
(d) Anti-dragon cream.
7. How long does the dragon materialize for when it is first summoned?
(a) We are not told.
(b) As long as the Supreme Grand Master wanted it to.
(c) Five hours.
(d) As long as the magic lasted.
8. Who is in charge of Ankh-Morpork?
(a) Lady Sibyl Ramkin.
(b) Lord Vetinari, the Patrician.
(c) The Supreme Grand Master.
(d) King Ronald the Third.
9. What is unusual about the Librarian of Unseen University?
(a) He is a dwarf.
(b) He has four arms.
(c) He is an orangutan.
(d) He is a troll.
10. Who questions the suggestion that the wall in the alley be painted over?
(d) Lupine Wonse.
11. What is the word that Lady Sybil uses to describe Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
(a) A cobb.
(b) A shoulder-sitter.
(c) A whittle.
(d) A slump.
12. How many stomachs do swamp dragons have?
13. Which of the following is one of the first to see the dragon at work and survive?
(a) Lord Vetinari.
(b) Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler.
(d) Lady Sybil.
14. Who wrote The Summoning of Dragons?
(a) Javan de Stalactite.
(b) Tubal de Malachite.
(c) Lupine Wonse.
(d) Malachai de Tubal.
15. How much do the officers of the Watch earn per month?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Watch was killed before the action of the story starts?
2. What is Sam Vimes wearing when he goes to confront the mob?
3. What is the dwarfish equivalent of a king?
4. Where does the Watch headquarters move to?
5. Which of the following buildings is not burned by the dragon at this stage?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)