|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What charity does Lady Sybil support?
(a) Society for Sheltering Sick Dragons.
(b) Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Dragons.
(c) Sunshine Home for Lost Dragons.
(d) Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons.
2. Who is the first person that Carrot tries to arrest?
(a) The head of the Assassin's Guild.
(b) Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler.
(c) The Supreme Grand Master.
(d) The head of the Thieves' Guild.
3. Apart from reading the book of law, what does Carrot like to do in his spare time?
(a) Drink in taverns and study butterflies.
(b) Write to his parents and polish his armour.
(c) Write poetry and clean the Watch house.
(d) Play football and sing in a choir.
4. What "magical artifact" does Brother Plasterer bring to help with the first summoning of the dragon?
(a) Stones with holes in.
(b) A piece of malachite.
(c) A magic ring.
(d) The wing of a bat that had been a wizard's familiar.
5. How many stomachs do swamp dragons have?
6. What is the name of the young woman rescued by Carrot?
7. Which of the following buildings is not burned by the dragon at this stage?
(a) The Watch house.
(b) A vegetable shop.
(c) A coach house.
(d) Rosie Palm's house.
8. When do swamp dragons have fire inside them?
(a) After eating igneous rocks.
(b) When they have blowback.
(d) All the time.
9. What is the correct name of the secret society that is trying to summon the dragon?
(a) Elucidated Brethren of the Dark Night.
(b) Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Night.
(c) Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Door.
(d) Illuminated Brethren of the Darkness.
10. How much did one of the magical amulets used to summon the dragon the first time cost?
(a) Six dollars.
(b) Six gold pieces.
(c) Three copper coins.
(d) Three dollars.
11. What rank does Sam Vimes hold?
12. How long, according to the general knowledge cited by Vimes, have dragons been extinct?
(a) Millions of years.
(b) Hundreds of years.
(c) They never existed at all.
(d) Thousands of years.
13. What impresses Vimes most about Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
(a) His enormous nostrils.
(b) His pale green scales.
(c) His expressive eyes.
(d) His tiny wings.
14. What do the Elucidated Brethren use to try to summon the dragon?
(a) Old books.
(b) The blood of a human.
(d) Magical artifacts.
15. Where does Vimes send Carrot to keep him out of trouble?
(a) Rosie Palm's house.
(b) The Patrician's Palace.
(c) The Watch headquarters.
(d) The Bucket alehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pub does Carrot unintentionally start a fight in?
2. Where does Vimes see the dragon perching?
3. At what age do dwarfs reach puberty?
4. What is the word that Lady Sybil uses to describe Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
5. Who recommends that Carrot join the Watch?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)