|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the wall with the shadowy outlines of the flamed criminals?
(a) It is turned into a target range by the Watch.
(b) It is turned into a mural.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is painted over.
2. What emotion does Carrot feel when he sees the dwarfs fighting in the bar?
3. On which street is the pub where Carrot tries to arrest the bartender?
(a) Scoone Avenue.
(b) Filigree Street.
(c) Sweetheart Lane.
(d) Dewdrop Street.
4. What is the brand name of Sam Vimes' favorite whiskey?
(a) Bjorn Stroninthearm's Old Choice Bear's Blood.
(b) Jimkin Bearhugger's Old Selected Dragon's Blood.
(c) Theakstone's Old Peculiar.
(d) James Bearskin's Select Recipe.
5. How much did one of the magical amulets used to summon the dragon the first time cost?
(a) Three copper coins.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) Six gold pieces.
(d) Three dollars.
6. What should you never call the Librarian?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A man.
(c) An ape.
(d) An animal.
7. According to the passwords of one secret society of Elucidated Brethren's, what does a good mother give to the errant boy?
(a) Baked beans.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) Bean soup.
(d) Bread and butter.
8. Who recommends that Carrot join the Watch?
(a) Carrot's father.
(b) Mr. Varneshi.
(c) Bjorn Stronginthearm.
(d) Captain Vimes.
9. Which of the following is not mentioned as one of the dragons owned by Lady Sybil?
(a) Gossamer Lemondrop Silverscale II.
(b) Dewdrop Maybelline Talonthrust the First.
(c) Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm.
(d) Lord Mountjoy Gayscale Talonthrust III.
10. What wakes Sam Vimes up for the second time when he is staying at Lady Sybil's house?
(a) Lady Sybil.
(b) A mob.
(c) The dragon.
11. What is the word that Lady Sybil uses to describe Goodboy Bindle Featherstone of Quirm?
(a) A cobb.
(b) A whittle.
(c) A slump.
(d) A shoulder-sitter.
12. Which Guild was outlawed by the Patrician?
(a) The Guild of Fire Fighters.
(b) The Beggar's Guild.
(c) The Guild of Plasterers.
(d) The Guild of Doctors.
13. How does Vimes drunkenly pronounce "tremble in their boots"?
(a) Bremble in their toots.
(b) Bootle in their trems.
(c) Tumble in their brooms.
(d) Bemble in their troops.
14. What does Vimes say has assaulted him as they walk home?
(a) A boot.
(b) A troll.
(c) A wall.
(d) A bottle.
15. What rank does Sam Vimes hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following will the Patrician not tolerate in the city?
2. What do Vimes and Vetinari see on the ground in the alley?
3. What is Sam Vimes wearing when he goes to confront the mob?
4. How many copies of The Summoning of Dragons exist?
5. How long does the dragon materialize for when it is first summoned?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)