The Librarian uses the conventions of the game of charades to communicate. Have a go at playing this game.
The person who is "in" has to communicate a book, film or TV show title using mime and gesture. The following gestures are used:
• First of all, the person who is "in" uses gesture to indicate the medium (hands opening and closing like a book to indicate a book, cranking a handle near the head to indicate a film, sketching a square in the air to indicate a TV show) and how many words in the title (hold up the appropriate number of fingers)
• Hold up one, two, three (etc) fingers to indicate which word of the title you are communicating
• Finger on the nose and pointing indicates a correct guess
• Hand cupped to the ear indicates "sounds like"
• Fingers on the arm indicate syllables (first, indicate how...
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)