Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course of action does Red Horse suggest to Hrothulf?
2. What has happened to the Shaper?
3. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
4. How do the strangers arrive?
5. The giant has the strength of how many men?
Why is Grendel given a name but the stranger never is? How was Grendel named? Who named Grendel?
Why does the author suddenly begin using italics and telling the action from inside Grendel's head? What reasons do you think the author has for switching narrative techniques? Does the technique enhance or confuse your understanding of the story?
Discuss the creature's observation that animals see life without observing it. According to the creature, animals make no distinctions in their lives. What implications does this hold for men? For the creature itself?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)