|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course of action does Red Horse suggest to Hrothulf?
2. What has happened to the Shaper?
3. Where do Hrothgar's men watch for an attack?
4. How do the strangers arrive?
5. The giant has the strength of how many men?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the meeting between Unferth and Grendel in Grendel's cave and Grendel and the Stranger in Hrothgar's hall. Which encounter do you feel is more heroic? Why did Unferth fail while the Stranger succeeded?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Grendel given a name but the stranger never is? How was Grendel named? Who named Grendel?
Essay Topic 3
The three priests represent one way of believing while Ork represents another. Discuss the differences in their beliefs and what has caused the discrepancies.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)