|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
2. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
(a) Finn attacks him first
(b) Hengest kills Finn's father
(c) Power of revenge
3. Who is the woman the creature killed long ago?
4. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
(a) His mother
(c) The Dragon
(d) The Shaper
5. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall?
(c) Men to eat
6. The speaker says it is the "disfigured son of" what?
(d) The Devil
7. Where is the creature going when he leaves his home?
(a) The moors
(b) Hrothgar's Hall
(c) The mountains
(d) The forest
8. Why does the bull attack Grendel?
(a) It is hungry
(b) Grendel tried to kill it
(c) Its calf is close by
(d) All animals hate Grendel
9. How long are the dragon's talons?
(a) A foot long
(b) Short and stubby
(d) Tree size
10. In Chapter 7, what happens to the bear?
(a) Hrothgar has it killed for food
(b) Grendel kills it
(c) It runs away
(d) Hymgod looses it
11. Which craftsman has a special place in the village?
(b) Gold workers
12. What animal is the speaker shooing away?
13. What did Hrothgar build on his hill out of stone?
(a) A throne
(b) A hall
(d) A wall
14. What does Grendel see for the first time the night he hangs in the tree?
(b) The gods
(c) His mother hunting
(d) A bear
15. Where does Grendel sit to watch the mens' activities?
(a) The dragon's cave
(b) The top of Hrothgar's hall
(c) The circle of gods
(d) The eaves of the forest
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
2. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words?
3. Who is Unferth's father?
4. What do the men think Grendel's blood is?
5. The dragon encourages Grendel to do what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)