|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chinaman keep caged?
(a) A snake
(b) A bird
(c) A spider
(d) A cricket
2. In Chapter 9, who joins Ork and the other three priests?
(d) Another younger priest
3. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall?
(b) Men to eat
4. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
(b) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
(c) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
(d) Because he is blocking the light
5. In Chapter 8, what does Hrothgar dream of?
(b) His own death
(d) A black tree with a double trunk
6. What does Hrothgar throw at Grendel?
(a) A spear
(b) A knife
(c) A battle-ax
(d) A shield
7. The dragon's great ambition is to?
(a) Kill Hrothgar
(b) Kill Grendel
(c) Count all his treasure
(d) Burn down Hart
8. What does Grendel do with Unferth when he comes to the cave?
(a) Feeds him to the firesnakes
(b) Takes him back to Hrothgar's hall
(c) Leaves him for his mother
(d) Eats him
9. What time of year is it when Grendel begins his war with Hrothgar?
10. The speaker says it is the "disfigured son of" what?
(c) The Devil
11. In Chapter 11, what does Grendel call the strangers in their armor?
(a) Stupid bears
(b) Silly men
(c) Shiny bulls
(d) Fat cows
12. In Chapter 12, Who does Grendel call out for in the middle of battle?
(b) His mother
13. What is the dragon sitting on?
(a) A throne
(b) A pile of kingly robes
(c) A huge pile of gold, jewels, treasure
(d) A pile of bones
14. What is the creature's name?
15. What is the word used to denote the king's followers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grendel live?
2. Where does the sunken door lead to?
3. What changes in the spring between the clans of men?
4. The dragon's final advice is?
5. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)