|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Grendel do to the priests?
(a) Takes them back to their hut
(b) Hangs them in trees
(d) Eats them
2. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
(d) His soul
3. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
(a) Bites his head off
(b) Throws him off a cliff
(c) Tears his arms off
(d) Takes him back to his mother
4. What did Hrothgar build on his hill out of stone?
(a) A hall
(c) A wall
(d) A throne
5. In Chapter 7, who sings at the feast when Wealtheow is given to Hrothgar?
6. What do the people do with the remains?
(a) Throw them in the sea
(b) Bury them
(c) Hang them in trees
(d) Burn them
7. In Chapter 11, what does Hrothgar call the lead stranger that upsets several people in the hall?
(a) His brother
(b) A son
(c) His savior
(d) His favorite
8. What do the men think Grendel is?
(a) A tree fungus
(b) A bear
(c) A bull
(d) A monster
9. What does Grendel do with the corpse?
(a) Eats it
(b) Buries it
(c) Gives it to his mother
(d) Take it to the hall
10. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall?
(a) Men to eat
11. Who is the thane who boldly opposes Grendel?
12. Who does the blind man sing of?
13. What is the creature's name?
14. In Chapter 6, Who is the first to realize Grendel can talk?
(d) A priest
15. What does Grendel find in the woods while circling the hall?
(a) A store of weapons
(b) A dead man
(d) A pile of treasure
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Unferth's father?
2. How long are the dragon's talons?
3. The dragon's final advice is?
4. Where does the dragon live?
5. What time of year is it when Grendel begins his war with Hrothgar?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)