|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word used to denote the king's followers?
2. What color does the creature say Hrothgar's beard is?
3. Who comes to finally help Grendel?
(a) The Dragon
(b) His mother
(c) The shaper
4. What does the Chinaman keep caged?
(a) A cricket
(b) A snake
(c) A spider
(d) A bird
5. Where does Grendel go at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Deeper into the mountains
(b) Across the sea
(c) To his cave
(d) To the Dragon
6. What is the dragon sitting on?
(a) A pile of kingly robes
(b) A huge pile of gold, jewels, treasure
(c) A throne
(d) A pile of bones
7. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
(a) Brings them to his mother
(b) Eat them
(c) Hangs them in trees
(d) Drowns them in the lake
8. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
(c) His soul
9. What does Grendel discover after leaving the dragon?
(a) The dragon gave him a jewel
(b) The dragon cursed him
(c) The dragon charmed him
(d) He accidentally stole the dragon's gold
10. What do the people do with the remains?
(a) Throw them in the sea
(b) Bury them
(c) Burn them
(d) Hang them in trees
11. How does Grendel discover that he cannot be harmed by weapons?
(a) His mother scratches him
(b) A guard attacks him
(c) He steps on a spearhead
(d) He hits himself with a knife
12. Who is the creature's only friend?
(b) The firesnakes
(c) His shadow
(d) His mother
13. What does Grendel find in the woods while circling the hall?
(a) A dead man
(c) A store of weapons
(d) A pile of treasure
14. How does Grendel initially feel about the part in Hart?
(a) He is swept up in it
(b) He does not like the music
(c) He wants to devour everyone
(d) He wants some food
15. In Chapter 8, who does Hrothgar intend to give to Ingeld to support a truce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hrothgar throw at Grendel?
2. In Chapter 7, what is Wealtheow's hair color?
3. In Chapter 9, who joins Ork and the other three priests?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Unferth say he will do since Grendel refuse to kill him?
5. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)