|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tribes does Hrothgar make treaties with?
2. What is an adder?
(a) A singer
(b) A tree
(c) A snake
(d) A fish
3. What does Grendel discover after leaving the dragon?
(a) The dragon cursed him
(b) He accidentally stole the dragon's gold
(c) The dragon charmed him
(d) The dragon gave him a jewel
4. Who is the woman the creature killed long ago?
5. How many men does Grendel kill on his first raid?
6. In Chapter 7, Unferth is accused of killing whom?
(a) His father
(b) His sons
(c) His wife
(d) His brother
7. Who comes to finally help Grendel?
(a) The Dragon
(b) His mother
(c) The shaper
8. What does Grendel ultimately do to the outlawed men?
(a) Hangs them in trees
(b) Eat them
(c) Brings them to his mother
(d) Drowns them in the lake
9. What is the downside of Grendel's new power?
(a) He is alone
(b) His mother wants to come along
(c) He is always hungry for more
(d) He has not fun
10. Grendel compares the ram to what?
(b) His mother
(c) The Shaper
(d) Slow-witted king
11. The dragon's final advice is?
(a) To kill all men
(b) To capture the queen
(c) To seek gold and sit on it
(d) To leave the village
12. Why does the bull attack Grendel?
(a) Its calf is close by
(b) All animals hate Grendel
(c) Grendel tried to kill it
(d) It is hungry
13. What does the pool of fire snakes protect?
(a) A sunken door
(b) The dragon's cave
(c) The dragon's treasure
(d) Grendel's treasure
14. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
(a) His boats
(b) His bear
(c) His queen and his treasure
(d) His weapons
15. Grendel thinks that the stranger is what?
(c) Too strong
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are criminals sent to live?
2. In Chapter 8, Ingeld is the ruler of who?
3. What do the men think Grendel's blood is?
4. What time of year is it when Grendel begins his war with Hrothgar?
5. What can no longer harm Grendel?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)