Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grendel live?
(a) In a nest in the woods
(b) In an underground cavern
(c) In a hole in the ground
(d) In a mountain cave
2. What does Grendel find in the woods while circling the hall?
(a) A dead man
(b) A pile of treasure
(d) A store of weapons
3. What happens when Grendel strikes the ground?
(a) A volcano erupts
(b) A twelve foot seam opens
(c) The Hall crumbles
(d) The earth quakes
4. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because he is blocking the light
(b) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
(c) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
(d) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
5. Where does Grendel go at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) To his cave
(b) Deeper into the mountains
(c) To the Dragon
(d) Across the sea
6. How long are the dragon's talons?
(a) Tree size
(c) A foot long
(d) Short and stubby
7. In Chapter 11, what does Hrothgar call the lead stranger that upsets several people in the hall?
(a) His savior
(b) His favorite
(c) A son
(d) His brother
8. What does Grendel call the words of the blind man?
(d) Beautiful songs
9. What is an adder?
(a) A snake
(b) A tree
(c) A fish
(d) A singer
10. What does Grendel want to know that the dragon won't answer?
11. In Chapter 12, Who does Grendel call out for in the middle of battle?
(a) His mother
12. In Chapter 7, Grendel counts his blessings but they are all numbered how?
(a) One through four
(d) One through five
13. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
(c) His soul
14. In Chapter 8, who does Hrothgar intend to give to Ingeld to support a truce?
15. Who leaves Hrothgar's hall unimpressed by the blind man's words?
(d) The old Shaper
Short Answer Questions
1. The dragon says Grendel looks just like what when he is scared?
2. What sickens Grendel about the battles?
3. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
4. In Chapter 8, Ingeld is the ruler of who?
5. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)