|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Unferth is accused of killing whom?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His sons
(d) His wife
2. What do the men think Grendel is?
(a) A tree fungus
(b) A monster
(c) A bull
(d) A bear
3. Where is the creature going when he leaves his home?
(a) The moors
(b) The forest
(c) The mountains
(d) Hrothgar's Hall
4. The dragon's great ambition is to?
(a) Kill Grendel
(b) Burn down Hart
(c) Count all his treasure
(d) Kill Hrothgar
5. What does the Chinaman keep caged?
(a) A bird
(b) A cricket
(c) A spider
(d) A snake
6. What is the word used to denote the king's followers?
7. What is the name of Hrothgar's hall?
(a) Hrothgar's Throne
(b) Golden Hall
(d) The Great Hall
8. In Chapter 11, what does Grendel call the strangers in their armor?
(a) Fat cows
(b) Stupid bears
(c) Silly men
(d) Shiny bulls
9. What has Hrothgar constructed out of pride?
(a) A great mead hall
(b) A statue of himself
(c) A gold throne
10. Who does Grendel say explains things to him?
(a) The Shaper
(b) The Dragon
(d) His mother
11. The dragon says Grendel looks just like what when he is scared?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A woman
(c) A small child
(d) A man
12. What does Grendel want to know that the dragon won't answer?
13. In Chapter 7, what happens to the bear?
(a) Grendel kills it
(b) Hymgod looses it
(c) It runs away
(d) Hrothgar has it killed for food
14. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because he is blocking the light
(b) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
(c) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
(d) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
15. What do the people do with the remains?
(a) Throw them in the sea
(b) Burn them
(c) Hang them in trees
(d) Bury them
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hrothgar when Grendel decides to destroy him?
2. How many days later does Unferth seek out Grendel's cave?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Hrothgar dream of?
4. The speaker says it is the "disfigured son of" what?
5. What is an adder?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)