|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which race does the harper say creatures like Grendel come from?
(a) The devil's
(b) The firesnakes
(c) The cursed race or Cain's
(d) The dragon's
2. What sickens Grendel about the battles?
(a) The waste of dead animals and men
(b) The smell of blood
(c) Not being able to participate
(d) That the women aren't killed also
3. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
(d) His soul
4. What is the dragon sitting on?
(a) A pile of bones
(b) A throne
(c) A huge pile of gold, jewels, treasure
(d) A pile of kingly robes
5. What is the downside of Grendel's new power?
(a) He has not fun
(b) His mother wants to come along
(c) He is alone
(d) He is always hungry for more
6. What is an adder?
(a) A fish
(b) A tree
(c) A snake
(d) A singer
7. How does Grendel discover that he cannot be harmed by weapons?
(a) His mother scratches him
(b) A guard attacks him
(c) He hits himself with a knife
(d) He steps on a spearhead
8. The dragon encourages Grendel to do what?
(a) Change the future
(b) Kill Hrothgar
(c) Burn down Hart
(d) Ignore Men
9. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because he is blocking the light
(b) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
(c) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
(d) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
10. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall?
(c) Men to eat
11. In Chapter 7, Unferth is accused of killing whom?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His wife
(d) His sons
12. What does Grendel do with the corpse?
(a) Buries it
(b) Eats it
(c) Gives it to his mother
(d) Take it to the hall
13. What adjective does Grendel use to describe his war?
14. Grendel compares the ram to what?
(b) The Shaper
(c) His mother
(d) Slow-witted king
15. What do the men think Grendel's blood is?
(d) Bull's blood
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Unferth so weak?
2. What do the people do with the remains?
3. What is the name of Hrothgar's hall?
4. What does the pool of fire snakes protect?
5. What happens when Grendel strikes the ground?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)