|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dragon says Grendel looks just like what when he is scared?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A small child
(c) A woman
(d) A man
2. How many tribes does Hrothgar make treaties with?
3. What does Grendel do with Unferth when he comes to the cave?
(a) Feeds him to the firesnakes
(b) Takes him back to Hrothgar's hall
(c) Eats him
(d) Leaves him for his mother
4. What color does the creature say Hrothgar's beard is?
5. What does Hrothgar think Grendel is hanging from the tree?
(a) A bear
(b) A man
(c) A cave troll
(d) An oak-tree spirit
6. What do the men think Grendel is?
(a) A tree fungus
(b) A bear
(c) A monster
(d) A bull
7. What scent pervades the hall as Unferth and Grendel talk?
(d) Roasted meat
8. In what part of his body is Hrothgar sick?
(a) His soul
9. The speaker says it is the "disfigured son of" what?
(d) The Devil
10. Where is the creature going when he leaves his home?
(a) Hrothgar's Hall
(b) The moors
(c) The mountains
(d) The forest
11. Grendel compares talking to what?
(a) A coffin
12. In Chapter 7, who calms the argument between Unferth and another thane?
13. What animal is the speaker shooing away?
14. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
(a) Tears his arms off
(b) Bites his head off
(c) Takes him back to his mother
(d) Throws him off a cliff
15. Why does the bull attack Grendel?
(a) Grendel tried to kill it
(b) All animals hate Grendel
(c) Its calf is close by
(d) It is hungry
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, What does Hengest take from Finn?
2. What three things does the dragon know?
3. What does Grendel say Hrothgar's sons would do with their father's gold?
4. What does Hrothgar throw at Grendel?
5. The dragon encourages Grendel to do what?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)