|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dragon's great ambition is to?
(a) Count all his treasure
(b) Burn down Hart
(c) Kill Hrothgar
(d) Kill Grendel
2. In Chapter 7, what does Grendel resolve to do to the queen?
(a) Feed her to the firesnakes
(b) Marry her
(c) Kill her
(d) Capture her for his mother
3. What does Hrothgar throw at Grendel?
(a) A spear
(b) A battle-ax
(c) A knife
(d) A shield
4. What do the people do with the remains?
(a) Burn them
(b) Bury them
(c) Throw them in the sea
(d) Hang them in trees
5. What is an adder?
(a) A snake
(b) A fish
(c) A singer
(d) A tree
6. What is the dragon sitting on?
(a) A pile of bones
(b) A huge pile of gold, jewels, treasure
(c) A throne
(d) A pile of kingly robes
7. What can no longer harm Grendel?
(c) The firesnakes
(d) Other animals
8. In Chapter 7, what is Wealtheow's hair color?
9. What time of day does Grendel wander outside?
(b) He never goes outside
10. In Chapter 8, Ingeld is the ruler of who?
(a) The Danes
(b) The Heathobards
(c) The Scyldings
(d) The Geats
11. What does Grendel find in the woods while circling the hall?
(a) A store of weapons
(c) A pile of treasure
(d) A dead man
12. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall?
(c) Men to eat
13. The dragon's final advice is?
(a) To seek gold and sit on it
(b) To leave the village
(c) To capture the queen
(d) To kill all men
14. What does Grendel call the words of the blind man?
(c) Beautiful songs
15. Who is Unferth's father?
(c) The Shaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men think Grendel's blood is?
2. What animal is the speaker shooing away?
3. Who comes to finally help Grendel?
4. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
5. In Chapter 8, who does Hrothgar intend to give to Ingeld to support a truce?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)