|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Unferth is accused of killing whom?
(a) His wife
(b) His father
(c) His brother
(d) His sons
2. Why does the dragon tell Grendel to stand off to the side?
(a) Because he is blocking the light
(b) Because the dragon does not want Grendel on his gold
(c) So Grendel is not accidentally burned
(d) There is more room on the side for Grendel to sit
3. In Chapter 6, what does Unferth say he will do since Grendel refuse to kill him?
(a) Unferth will kill both Grendel and his mother
(b) Unferth will run away
(c) Unferth will kill himself
(d) Unferth will kill Grendel's mother
4. In Chapter 10, why does Hengest kill Finn?
(a) Hengest kills Finn's father
(c) Finn attacks him first
(d) Power of revenge
5. What color does the creature say Hrothgar's beard is?
6. How long has the speaker been at war?
(a) Ten years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Fifteen years
(d) Twelve years
7. Grendel thinks that the stranger is what?
(b) Too strong
8. What does Grendel call Unferth?
(a) A baby
(b) A poor jangler
(c) A coward
(d) A girl
9. What does Grendel do to Hrothgar's guard?
(a) Tears his arms off
(b) Takes him back to his mother
(c) Bites his head off
(d) Throws him off a cliff
10. What is the dragon sitting on?
(a) A pile of kingly robes
(b) A throne
(c) A pile of bones
(d) A huge pile of gold, jewels, treasure
11. The dragon's great ambition is to?
(a) Kill Grendel
(b) Count all his treasure
(c) Kill Hrothgar
(d) Burn down Hart
12. How many tribes does Hrothgar make treaties with?
13. What is the word used to denote the king's followers?
14. Who does the blind man sing of?
15. In Chapter 8, what does Hrothgar dream of?
(a) His own death
(b) A black tree with a double trunk
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an adder?
2. In Chapter 8, Ingeld is the ruler of who?
3. Where does Grendel go at the end of Chapter Four?
4. What does Grendel want to know that the dragon won't answer?
5. How old is Hrothgar when Grendel decides to destroy him?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)