1. What animal is the speaker shooing away in Chapter 1?
2. How long has Grendel been at war with humans in Chapter 1?
3. Grendel claims he is the disfigured son of what in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Grendel’s only friend?
5. Who is the woman that Grendel killed long ago?
6. Where is Grendel going when he leaves his home in Chapter 1?
7. What is the narrator’s name?
8. What does Grendel take from Hrothgar's Hall in Chapter 1?
Men to eat.
9. What color does the narrator say Hrothgar's beard is?
10. What are the workers replacing after Grendel’s attack in Hrothgar’s Hall in Chapter 1?
This section contains 3,463 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)