• Grendel has been waging his idiotic war for twelve years.
• Grendel tells about himself and his hatred for nature.
• Grendel torments the men of Hrothgar's hall. He is frustrated with the men but cannot leave them alone.
• Grendel tells about his childhood and the games he used to play.
• Grendel also tells about the first time he met men.
• Grendel was caught in a tree and at night a group of Hrothgar's men discovered him.
• Grendel was not impressed by their appearance but continued to visit the mead hall.
• Grendel explains his decision to wage war on Hrothgar.
• Grendel tells about the warring between the tribes and Hrothgar's rise to power.
• A new Shaper arrives at Hrothgar's hall.
• The Shaper sings stories that intrigue and repel Grendel.
• Grendel does not like Hrothgar's great mead hall.
• Grendel tells how Hrothgar came to build Hart.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)