|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room as Billy is praying to God?
2. What does Cybel throw over Brown's bare body?
3. What kind of report does the Captain say he has to have?
4. What does Billy say Dion never does?
5. Whose mask does Billy wear when he greets Margaret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1. In what way are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1920s America?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Replace the play's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)