|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Billy is wearing in this scene?
2. Where does Margaret say her sons have gone?
3. Who arrives at Billy's house in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What does Cybel tell the Captain is Dion's name?
5. What is the only light Billy has in the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Dion's alcoholism affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Self esteem.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of O'Neill's argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in O'Neill's argument?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1. In what way are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1920s America?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)