|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy want Margaret to leave him alone?
2. What does Billy say calls Dion to work?
3. What kind of drink does Dion get from Billy's drink cabinet?
4. What does Billy say is the only thing he wants?
5. Who arrives at Billy's house in Act 3, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Billy's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Billy hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Billy's ideas about life?
3) How has Billy's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)