|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality does the Committee want the Municipal building to be more like?
2. What does Dion say is dead?
3. What does Margaret hope her children will be careful doing?
4. What does Dion tell Billy he has given up?
5. What does Dion say it is not in him to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret show her lack of pride in this scene?
2. Why is Billy trying to destroy Dion?
3. How does Cybel's mask hide who she is in reality?
4. Describe Billy's office.
5. How have Margaret and Dion's appearances changed seven years later?
6. How did Margaret feel about Dion at the beginning of their marriage?
7. How does Billy upset the Capitol Committee?
8. Summarize the epilogue.
9. How does Mrs. Anthony change her husband's mind about sending Dion to college?
10. How does Margaret react when Brown enters her sitting room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What made William Brown a good architect? What did Brown have to learn to become a successful architect?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1. In what way are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1920s America?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)