|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret say she is to Dion's moon?
2. What does Dion tell Margaret he has got to say?
3. Who does Margaret say has made her feel crazy?
4. Who does Dion call an ancient humorist?
5. What did Dion tell Brown he had destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Dion about Billy?
2. How does Billy show he is still smitten with Margaret?
3. How does Billy get away from Margaret's criticisms of him?
4. What does the Brown family talk about?
5. Describe Margaret in the epilogue?
6. How does Cybel react to Billy's death?
7. Why is Mr. Brown angry at his business partner, Mr. Anthony?
8. How have Margaret and Dion's appearances changed seven years later?
9. How does Margaret react to Billy's death?
10. Describe Cybel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1. In what way are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1920s America?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)