|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cybel tell Dion to stop doing?
2. What does Cybel say is alright if you let it alone?
3. What kind of meat does Margaret want Dion to buy?
4. What has the doctor told Dion to stop?
5. Where is Margaret waiting for Dion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dion refer to himself in the third person in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Billy show he is still smitten with Margaret?
3. Summarize Act 2, Scene 2.
4. How has Billy's life changed in the last seven years?
5. What does Margaret say she remembers about June months on the pier?
6. How did Billy upset Dion when he was four-years-old?
7. How have Margaret and Dion's appearances changed seven years later?
8. Summarize Act 4, Scene 1.
9. Summarize Act 2, Scene 1.
10. How does Margaret react to Billy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the public react to the play when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar play today?
Essay Topic 2
How did Eugene O'Neill view the 1920s? What impact did his ideas have on American society? Has his impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Dion's alcoholism affected one of the following areas in his life:
2. Social life.
3. Self esteem.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)