|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret say has made her feel crazy?
2. What does Dion call Brown at the end of the scene?
3. Who does Dion say are blind in spirit?
4. What animal does Dion say is in the moon?
5. What does Cybel say Dion will never do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy upset the Capitol Committee?
2. Describe Margaret in the epilogue?
3. How does Billy react to the mask taunting him?
4. How does Dion react when Billy tells him Margaret is in love with him?
5. How does Billy hide Dion's death from Margaret?
6. What does Margaret tell Dion about Billy?
7. How does Dion challenge Billy?
8. Summarize Scene 2.
9. How have Margaret and Dion's appearances changed seven years later?
10. How does Cybel reassure Billy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the public react to the play when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar play today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)