|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the committee say the Municipal is currently too much like?
(a) A Greco-Roman tomb.
(b) A British Raj temple.
(c) A French tower.
(d) A Russian government building.
2. Which of Dion's children smooths back his hair?
(a) The fourth son.
(b) The eldest.
(c) The youngest.
(d) The second son.
3. Who does Dion say he must make a goodbye call to?
(a) Mrs. Young.
(b) Mr. Brown.
4. What is Brown embarrassed by?
(a) Margaret's loyalty to Dion.
(b) Margaret's flirting.
(c) Margaret's lazy attitude.
(d) Margaret's tears.
5. Whose death does Dion talk about in the third scene?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His daughter's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dion tell Billy he has given up?
2. What does Margaret compare Dion to?
3. Where is Margaret waiting for Dion?
4. Which character enters Billy's office in Scene 2?
5. What does Dion say every sob tune is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret react when Brown enters her sitting room?
2. Why is Billy trying to destroy Dion?
3. How does Billy upset the Capitol Committee?
4. Summarize Scene 2.
5. How did Margaret feel about Dion at the beginning of their marriage?
6. How does Billy hide Dion's death from Margaret?
7. What does the Brown family talk about?
8. How does Cybel reassure Billy?
9. Summarize Act 3, Scene 3.
10. How does Dion challenge Billy?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)