|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Herbert going to work?
2. Where does Pip wake up after his being arrested?
3. Who has left Pip a note on Miss Havisham's gate?
4. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
5. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
2. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
3. Why is Magwitch not tried immediately after he arrested?
4. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
5. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
6. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
7. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
8. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
9. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
10. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Revenge is a theme of this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of revenge present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)