|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pip arrested?
2. To whom is Biddy married?
3. What is Pip's allowance?
4. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
5. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
2. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
3. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
4. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
5. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
6. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
7. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
8. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
9. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
10. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does the constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Jaggers and Mr. Wemmick are two characters who are very similar in their professional vocations, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)