|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pip run into Mr. Pumblechook after he returns to live with Joe?
2. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
3. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
4. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
5. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
2. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
3. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
4. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
5. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
6. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
7. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
8. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
9. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
10. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Jaggers and Mr. Wemmick are two characters who are very similar in their professional vocations, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Revenge is a theme of this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of revenge present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)