|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
2. How old is Estella when Miss Havisham adopts her?
3. Why does the truth about Estella's birth not become generally known?
4. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
5. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book? How do these instances affect that characters involved in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Jaggers and Mr. Wemmick are two characters who are very similar in their professional vocations, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)