|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
2. Who tells Magwitch that Pip will no longer be accepting his money?
3. What does Pip have to find in order to see Magwitch?
4. Where does Pip know he needs to take Magwitch?
5. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
2. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
3. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
4. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
5. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
6. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
7. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
8. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
9. Why is Magwitch not tried immediately after he arrested?
10. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book? How do these instances affect that characters involved in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Jaggers and Mr. Wemmick are two characters who are very similar in their professional vocations, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout this book. What are some of these instances, and how do they affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)