|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pip run into Mr. Pumblechook after he returns to live with Joe?
2. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
3. Who writes to Pip after he sees Mr. Wopsle in his first play?
4. To whom is Biddy married?
5. How old is the man who asks to enter Pip's home during a large storm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pip endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)