|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
2. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
3. What is Pip doing when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
4. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
5. What does Pip do after seeing Mr. Wopsle in his first role as an actor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
2. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
3. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
4. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
5. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
6. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
7. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
8. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
9. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
10. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Jaggers and Mr. Wemmick are two characters who are very similar in their professional vocations, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)