|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip see at Miss Havisham's house at the end of the book?
2. What club does Pip decide to join?
3. Why is Biddy upset with Pip when he comes home from London?
4. How old is the man who asks to enter Pip's home during a large storm?
5. Whes does Joe take Pip when he comes to visit him at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
2. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
3. Why is Magwitch not tried immediately after he arrested?
4. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
5. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
6. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
7. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
8. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
9. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
10. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Revenge is a theme of this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of revenge present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)