|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Biddy upset with Pip when he comes home from London?
2. Where does Herbert want to go on vacation?
3. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
4. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
5. To whom is Biddy married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
2. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
3. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
4. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
5. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
6. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
7. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
8. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
9. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
10. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)