|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
2. Where is Magwitch taken after he is arrested?
3. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
4. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
5. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
2. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
3. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
4. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
5. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
6. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
7. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
8. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
9. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
10. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biddy is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways in which her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What might have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)