|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whes does Joe take Pip when he comes to visit him at the end of the book?
2. Who accompanies Pip on a visit to Newgate?
3. Where does Wemmick promise to get Herbert a job?
4. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
5. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does the constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is found in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)