|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dating Estella while Pip is living in London?
2. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
3. In what phase is the moon when Pip goes to meet someone on the marshes?
4. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
5. What does Pip do after seeing Mr. Wopsle in his first role as an actor?
(a) Laughs out loud with his buddies.
(b) Sneaks out unnoticed.
(c) Writes a critique of the play.
(d) Takes Mr. Wopsle to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
2. Who is Estella's mother?
3. How old is Estella when Miss Havisham adopts her?
4. What does Wemmick's house look like?
5. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
2. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
3. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
4. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
5. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
6. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
7. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
8. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
9. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
10. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)