|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A sluice-house.
(c) On the marshes.
(d) At a barge dock.
2. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
3. Where does Herbert want to go on vacation?
4. What is Mr. Wopsle's stage name?
5. What does Wemmick's house look like?
(a) A bank.
(b) A castle.
(c) A prison.
(d) A shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
2. What is the name of Wemmick's house?
3. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
4. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
5. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
2. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
3. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
4. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
5. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
6. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
7. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
8. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
9. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
10. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)