|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
2. Where does Pip know he needs to take Magwitch?
(a) Onto a ship.
(b) To prison.
(c) Out of England.
(d) Into the country.
3. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
(a) A convict.
(b) A river pilot.
(c) A priest.
(d) A gentleman.
4. Whes does Joe take Pip when he comes to visit him at the end of the book?
(a) To his sister's grave.
(b) To Miss Havisham's house.
(c) To his parents' grave.
(d) To his new house.
5. What does Joe name his son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
2. Of what is Jaggers's maid accused?
3. Who writes the letter asking to meet Pip on the marshes?
4. Why is Pip arrested?
5. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
2. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
3. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
4. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
5. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
6. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
7. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
8. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
9. Why is Magwitch not tried immediately after he arrested?
10. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)