|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Biddy upset with Pip when he comes home from London?
(a) She feels he has become too proud.
(b) She does not believe he will visit Joe.
(c) She is upset that he did not write to her while he was away.
(d) She is mad that he has insulted her beau.
2. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A bright fireplace.
(c) A single candle.
(d) Strange torches.
3. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
4. Who writes the letter asking to meet Pip on the marshes?
5. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
(a) Pretending to be his benefactor.
(b) Lying to him about her past.
(c) Allowing Estella to court Drummle.
(d) Getting his hopes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Magwitch taken after he is arrested?
2. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
3. What is Mr. Wopsle's stage name?
4. To whom is Biddy married?
5. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
2. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
3. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
4. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
5. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
6. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
7. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
8. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
9. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
10. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)