|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) On Tax Day.
(c) On the first of the next month.
(d) On Christmas Eve.
2. Where is Pip when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
(a) Mr. Wopsle's theater.
(b) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(c) Clara's house.
3. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
4. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
5. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Jaggers's sister.
(b) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(c) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(d) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
2. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
3. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
4. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
5. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
2. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
3. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
4. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
5. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
6. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
7. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
8. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
9. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
10. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)