|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
(a) Walking along the street.
(b) Getting off a train.
(c) Speaking to a young man.
(d) A coach window.
2. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
3. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
(a) His wife has forgiven him.
(b) His daughter is alive.
(c) He changed his life.
(d) He loves him.
4. Where is the ship that Pip plans to get onboard heading?
5. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A sluice-house.
(c) At a barge dock.
(d) On the marshes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Magwitch that Pip will no longer be accepting his money?
2. What does Pip do after seeing Mr. Wopsle in his first role as an actor?
3. How long is Pip gone before visiting Joe again?
4. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
5. What is Magwitch's pseudonym?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
2. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
3. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
4. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
5. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
6. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
7. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
8. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
9. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
10. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)