|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes to Pip after he sees Mr. Wopsle in his first play?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
2. Where does Pip know he needs to take Magwitch?
(a) Into the country.
(b) To prison.
(c) Out of England.
(d) Onto a ship.
3. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
4. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Being harsh to her mother.
(b) Courting other men.
(c) Toying with him.
(d) Being cold.
5. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Broken fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pip arrested?
2. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
3. What does Joe name his son?
4. Why does the truth about Estella's birth not become generally known?
5. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)