|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) On Tax Day.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) On the first of the next month.
2. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
3. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
4. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Broken fingers.
(d) Broken ribs.
5. With what does Miss Havisham say she replaced Estella's heart?
(b) A diamond.
(c) A stone.
(d) A shrivelled plum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Estella's mother?
2. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
3. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
4. How long is Pip gone before visiting Joe again?
5. Who does Pip see at Miss Havisham's house at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
2. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
4. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
5. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
6. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
7. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
8. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
9. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
10. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)