|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pip's visitor living before coming to see Pip during the storm?
2. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
(a) The owner.
(b) Some farmers.
(c) A police officer.
3. What is Magwitch's pseudonym?
4. Who is dating Estella while Pip is living in London?
5. Who is Pip's benefactor?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) The convict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
2. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
3. Where does Wemmick promise to get Herbert a job?
4. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
5. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
2. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
3. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
4. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
5. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
6. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
7. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
8. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
9. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
10. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)