|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pip's benefactor?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) The convict.
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
(d) Miss Havisham.
2. Where does Wemmick promise to get Herbert a job?
(a) An accounting house.
(b) A college.
(c) A naval base.
(d) A bank.
3. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
(a) Covent Garden.
(b) The Blue Boar.
(d) Mr. Wemmick's house.
4. In what phase is the moon when Pip goes to meet someone on the marshes?
5. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
2. For what is Orlick arrested?
3. Where does Magwitch stay while he is in London?
4. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
5. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
2. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
3. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
4. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
5. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
6. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
7. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
8. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
9. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
10. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)