|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
(a) A priest.
(b) A convict.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A river pilot.
2. About what is the meeting with Mr. Jaggers?
(a) His outrageous spending.
(b) His benefactor.
(c) His schooling.
(d) His debt.
3. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
4. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
(a) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(c) Covent Garden.
(d) The Blue Boar.
5. Who is dating Estella while Pip is living in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pip when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
2. Why is Biddy upset with Pip when he comes home from London?
3. What club does Pip decide to join?
4. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
5. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
2. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
3. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
4. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
5. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
6. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
7. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
8. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
9. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
10. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)