|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Jaggers's maid accused?
2. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Courting other men.
(b) Being harsh to her mother.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Toying with him.
3. About what is the meeting with Mr. Jaggers?
(a) His schooling.
(b) His debt.
(c) His outrageous spending.
(d) His benefactor.
4. Why is Pip arrested?
(a) Protecting Magwitch.
(b) Shooting at Orlick.
(c) Stealing wine.
(d) Not paying debts.
5. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) Strange torches.
(b) A bright fireplace.
(c) A single candle.
(d) A lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
2. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
3. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
4. What is Magwitch's pseudonym?
5. What does Joe name his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
2. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
3. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
4. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
5. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
6. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
7. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
8. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
9. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
10. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)