|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
2. Why is Biddy upset with Pip when he comes home from London?
(a) She does not believe he will visit Joe.
(b) She feels he has become too proud.
(c) She is upset that he did not write to her while he was away.
(d) She is mad that he has insulted her beau.
3. How much money does Pip request in order to help Herbert?
(a) 900 pounds.
(b) 700 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 70 pounds.
4. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
(a) Visit her mother.
(b) See her from time to time.
(c) Write to her.
(d) Marry her if he can get rich enough.
5. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pip's allowance?
2. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
3. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
4. Where does Pip wake up after his being arrested?
5. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
2. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
3. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
4. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
5. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
6. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
7. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
8. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
9. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
10. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)