|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has left Pip a note on Miss Havisham's gate?
(b) Mr. Wemmick.
2. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
3. What does Pip have to find in order to see Magwitch?
(a) The Old Blue Steel Tavern.
(b) The Old White Board Walk.
(c) The Old Green Copper Rope Walk.
(d) The Old Red Ferry.
4. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
(a) They know she will hurt him.
(b) They think he is good for her.
(c) They like him.
(d) They are against him.
5. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A convict.
(c) A priest.
(d) A river pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Biddy married?
2. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
3. Of what is Jaggers's maid accused?
4. Who is Pip's benefactor?
5. About what is the meeting with Mr. Jaggers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
2. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
4. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
5. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
6. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
7. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
8. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
9. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
10. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)