|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
(a) Swim to it.
(b) Use fake tickets to get on board.
(c) Row to it.
(d) Stow away in some cargo that will be loaded on it.
2. Whes does Joe take Pip when he comes to visit him at the end of the book?
(a) To his sister's grave.
(b) To Miss Havisham's house.
(c) To his new house.
(d) To his parents' grave.
3. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) On the first of the next month.
(c) On Tax Day.
(d) On his birthday.
4. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) A sluice-house.
(b) A tavern.
(c) On the marshes.
(d) At a barge dock.
5. Who is Estella's father?
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
2. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
3. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
4. Who does Pip see at Miss Havisham's house at the end of the book?
5. Where is Pip when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
2. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
3. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
4. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
5. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
6. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
7. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
8. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
9. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
10. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)