|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Broken fingers.
(d) Broken ribs.
2. Who is pursuing Biddy when Pip comes home from London?
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
3. Where does Pip run into Mr. Pumblechook after he returns to live with Joe?
(a) The Three Jolly Portsmen.
(b) The market place.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Miss Havisham's house.
4. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
5. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
(a) Sell jewelery.
(b) Live in a cheaper apartment.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Become a tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
2. Who else meets Pip's surprise visitor during the snow storm?
3. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
4. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
5. Where is Magwitch taken after he is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
2. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
3. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
4. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
5. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
6. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
7. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
8. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
9. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
10. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)