|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Biddy married?
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
2. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
(a) Thank you for everything.
(b) Do not go home.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) See me immediately.
3. Who is Estella's father?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
4. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
(a) They know she will hurt him.
(b) They like him.
(c) They are against him.
(d) They think he is good for her.
5. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
(a) His daughter is alive.
(b) His wife has forgiven him.
(c) He changed his life.
(d) He loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
2. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
3. What is Pip's allowance?
4. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
5. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
2. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
3. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
4. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
5. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
6. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
7. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
8. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
9. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
10. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)