|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Tax Day.
(b) On Christmas Eve.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) On the first of the next month.
2. Where is the ship that Pip plans to get onboard heading?
3. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
(a) A lovely dinner.
(b) Another fortune.
(c) Some evidence that Magwitch could be innocent.
(d) His own wedding.
4. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
5. Who has left Pip a note on Miss Havisham's gate?
(d) Mr. Wemmick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Biddy upset with Pip when he comes home from London?
2. With what does Miss Havisham say she replaced Estella's heart?
3. Where is Pip when he hears the news about who Estella is courting?
4. Who writes the letter asking to meet Pip on the marshes?
5. Whes does Joe take Pip when he comes to visit him at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
2. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
3. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
4. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
5. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
6. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
7. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
8. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
9. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
10. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)