|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
(b) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(c) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(d) Jaggers's sister.
2. Where does Magwitch stay while he is in London?
(a) Broadham Blvd.
(c) Essex Street.
(d) Sussex Street.
3. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
(a) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
4. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
5. With what does Miss Havisham say she replaced Estella's heart?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A stone.
(c) A shrivelled plum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
2. Where is the ship that Pip plans to get onboard heading?
3. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
4. Where does Pip run into Mr. Pumblechook after he returns to live with Joe?
5. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
2. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
3. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
4. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
5. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
6. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
7. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
8. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
9. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
10. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)