|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) On his birthday.
(c) On Tax Day.
(d) On the first of the next month.
2. For what is Orlick arrested?
(a) Trying to kill Pip.
(b) Breaking into Mr. Pumblechook's house.
(c) Killing Mrs. Joe.
(d) Stealing from Miss Havisham.
3. What club does Pip decide to join?
(a) Robins in the Bush.
(b) Sparrows on the Wing.
(c) Birds in the Nest.
(d) Finches and the Grove.
4. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
(a) He reads.
(b) He gambles.
(c) He writes.
(d) He smokes.
5. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
(a) His right leg.
(b) His torso.
(c) His face.
(d) His left arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Estella's mother?
2. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
3. Who nurses Pip back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
4. Where is Pip when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
5. What does Pip do after seeing Mr. Wopsle in his first role as an actor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
2. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
3. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
4. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
5. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
6. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
7. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
8. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
9. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
10. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)