|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
(a) They know she will hurt him.
(b) They think he is good for her.
(c) They are against him.
(d) They like him.
2. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
(a) Trust no one.
(b) Thank you for everything.
(c) See me immediately.
(d) Do not go home.
3. Why is Pip arrested?
(a) Protecting Magwitch.
(b) Stealing wine.
(c) Not paying debts.
(d) Shooting at Orlick.
4. What is Mr. Wopsle's first role as an actor?
(d) King Richard.
5. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
(a) Estella summons him.
(b) Joe is injured.
(c) His sister dies.
(d) He runs out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the man who asks to enter Pip's home during a large storm?
2. How much money does Pip request in order to help Herbert?
3. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
4. Where does Magwitch meet Compeyson?
5. Who tells Magwitch that Pip will no longer be accepting his money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
2. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
3. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
4. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
5. Why does Mr. Wemmick visit Newgate with Pip?
6. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
7. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
8. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
9. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
10. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)