|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Biddy married?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
2. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
(a) His torso.
(b) His left arm.
(c) His face.
(d) His right leg.
3. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
(a) Walking along the street.
(b) A coach window.
(c) Getting off a train.
(d) Speaking to a young man.
4. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
(a) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(b) The Blue Boar.
(c) Covent Garden.
5. In what phase is the moon when Pip goes to meet someone on the marshes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wemmick promise to get Herbert a job?
2. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
3. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
4. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
5. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
2. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
3. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
4. What does Pip learn when he tries to find Biddy at her school?
5. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
6. What happens just as Pip is about to leave Miss Havisham's house for the last time?
7. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
8. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
9. How does Magwitch describe the odd jobs he takes to get by when he is younger?
10. What does Pip do to entertain himself after he chooses to not take any more of Magwitch's money?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)