|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Biddy married?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
2. How old is the man who asks to enter Pip's home during a large storm?
3. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A clerk.
(d) A banker.
4. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
(a) Marry her if he can get rich enough.
(b) Visit her mother.
(c) Write to her.
(d) See her from time to time.
5. Where is Pip's visitor living before coming to see Pip during the storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
2. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
3. Who else meets Pip's surprise visitor during the snow storm?
4. Where does Herbert want to go on vacation?
5. Where is Magwitch taken after he is arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
2. How does Mr. Wemmick treat his maid?
3. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
4. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
5. Why is Magwitch not tried immediately after he arrested?
6. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
7. What happens to the convict after Pip helps him on the marshes?
8. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
9. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
10. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)