|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else meets Pip's surprise visitor during the snow storm?
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
2. Where is Pip when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
(a) Mr. Wopsle's theater.
(b) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(c) Clara's house.
3. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
4. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
(a) They are against him.
(b) They know she will hurt him.
(c) They like him.
(d) They think he is good for her.
5. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
(a) Stow away in some cargo that will be loaded on it.
(b) Swim to it.
(c) Row to it.
(d) Use fake tickets to get on board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pip's visitor during the snow storm?
2. What club does Pip decide to join?
3. Where does Pip run into Mr. Pumblechook after he returns to live with Joe?
4. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
5. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Magwitch not tried immediately after he arrested?
2. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
3. What does Magwitch ask of Pip when he is captured?
4. Where is Pip living at the end of the book?
5. What does Mr. Jaggers discuss with Pip when they meet on Pip's twenty-first birthday?
6. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
7. What will happen to Magwitch if he is caught in England, and why?
8. What does Mr. Wemmick tell Pip when he returns to London and questions Mr. Wemmick about the note left on Miss Havisham's gate?
9. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
10. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)