|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) A single candle.
(b) A bright fireplace.
(c) A lantern.
(d) Strange torches.
2. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
(a) His right leg.
(b) His face.
(c) His left arm.
(d) His torso.
3. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
4. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
5. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
(a) He gambles.
(b) He smokes.
(c) He writes.
(d) He reads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Pip on a visit to Newgate?
2. What does Joe name his son?
3. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
4. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
5. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
2. About what does Drummle brag when he sees Pip at the Blue Boar?
3. What does Estella ask from Pip at the end of the book?
4. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
5. About what does Pip confront Estella and Miss Havisham?
6. What does Estella tell Pip when she sees him in London?
7. How is Pip nursed back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
8. What kind of a funeral does Joe want to have for his wife, and why does he not do it that way?
9. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
10. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)