|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
2. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Reads books.
(b) Eats lunch.
(c) Walks in the orchard.
(d) Plays cards.
3. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(d) Tar water.
4. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) Old Clem.
(b) God Save Our King.
(c) Going Home.
(d) Merrily We Roll Along.
5. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) An actor.
(c) An insurer of ships.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
2. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
3. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
4. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
5. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
2. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
3. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
4. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
5. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
6. What does Magwtich tell Herbert after Herbert swears his secrecy?
7. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
8. What does Molly look like?
9. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
10. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)