|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To make his sister happy.
(b) To cover up his mistakes.
(c) To protect Miss Havisham.
(d) To be allowed to go there again.
2. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
3. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Wopsle's great aunt.
4. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mr. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Wemmick.
5. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
2. Where does Drummle grow up?
3. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
4. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
5. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
2. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
3. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
4. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
5. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
6. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
7. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
8. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
9. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
10. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)