|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
2. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
(a) On the table that held her wedding feast.
(b) On a pedestal on her front lawn.
(c) In a local tavern.
(d) On the grand piano.
3. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
(c) Miss Havisham.
4. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(c) Tar water.
5. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) Barnard's Inn.
(b) Bronco Inn.
(c) Brecker's Place.
(d) Brewer's Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
2. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
3. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
4. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
5. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
2. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
3. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
5. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
6. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
7. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
8. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
9. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
10. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)