|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
2. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
(a) On the table that held her wedding feast.
(b) On the grand piano.
(c) On a pedestal on her front lawn.
(d) In a local tavern.
3. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(a) How to shave.
(c) Table manners.
4. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Eats lunch.
(b) Walks in the orchard.
(c) Plays cards.
(d) Reads books.
5. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(c) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(d) Miss Havisham's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
2. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
3. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
4. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
5. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip bring to the escaped convict after going to his sister's house to find supplies?
2. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
4. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
5. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
6. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
7. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
8. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
9. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
10. What does Molly look like?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)