|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) His mother's journal.
(b) The bible.
2. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
3. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) Shoe a horse.
(b) Pick a lock.
(c) File a chain.
(d) Feed some hungry men.
4. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Mr. Pocket.
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
(d) Miss Havisham.
5. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
2. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
3. What is Joe's profession?
4. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
5. In whom does Jaggers take an immediate interest when Pip and his schoolmates dine with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
2. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
3. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
5. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
6. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
7. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
8. What does the convict say to keep Pip out of trouble when he is found on the marshes?
9. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
10. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)