|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
2. Who does Herbert love?
3. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) A banker.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) He is not heading towards any profession.
4. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Miss Havisham.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
2. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
3. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
4. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
5. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
2. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
3. What happens when Pip is challenged to a fight at Miss Havisham's house?
4. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
5. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
6. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
7. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
8. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
9. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
10. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)