|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(a) His sister.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
2. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
(a) A file.
(b) A golden rod.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wooden spoon.
3. What is the name of Pip's servant?
4. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
5. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Detach himself.
(b) Save up money.
(c) Find a new woman.
(d) Court her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
3. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
4. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
5. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
2. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
3. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
4. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
5. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
6. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
7. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
8. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
9. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
10. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)