|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(a) The younger convict.
(b) The constable.
(d) Mrs. Joe.
2. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
3. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Write to him.
(b) Help his sister.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Educate Joe.
4. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Her birthday.
5. What does Wemmick call his father?
(b) Aged Parent.
(c) Old Man.
(d) Deaf Dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
2. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
3. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
4. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
5. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
2. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
3. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
4. How does Mr. Jaggers embarrass Mr. Wopsle in the tavern?
5. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
6. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
7. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
8. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
9. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
10. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)