|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe's journeyman do while working to show his dislike for Pip?
(a) Leaves him the old and rusted hammer with which to work.
(b) Sends sparks in his direction.
(c) Gives him bad instructions.
(d) Never speaks to him.
2. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
(a) He does not like Belinda.
(b) He wants more privacy.
(c) It is too chaotic.
(d) He wants to get closer to Herbert.
3. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
4. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
(b) Shakes Pip's hand.
(c) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(d) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
5. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
2. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
3. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
4. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
5. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
2. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
3. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
4. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
5. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
6. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
7. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
8. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
9. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
10. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)