|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He is nonplussed.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is excited.
2. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
3. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(b) Tar water.
4. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
5. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) Feed some hungry men.
(b) Shoe a horse.
(c) File a chain.
(d) Pick a lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
2. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
3. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
4. What does Wemmick call his father?
5. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
2. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
3. What does the escaped convict say to Pip when they first meet?
4. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
5. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
6. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
7. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
8. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
9. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
10. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)