|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) Old Clem.
(b) Going Home.
(c) God Save Our King.
(d) Merrily We Roll Along.
2. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Mr. Pocket.
(c) The servants.
(d) Mrs. Pocket.
3. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
5. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
(a) Mr. Wopsle's great aunt.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
2. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
3. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
4. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
5. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
2. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
3. What does the convict say to keep Pip out of trouble when he is found on the marshes?
4. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
5. What does Pip bring to the escaped convict after going to his sister's house to find supplies?
6. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
7. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
8. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
9. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
10. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)