|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Pip go to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every weekend.
2. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
(b) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mrs. Joe.
4. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
5. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
(a) Filing down his irons.
(b) Hugging himself trying to keep warm.
(c) Digging a hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
2. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
3. At what time are all the clocks in Miss Havisham's house stopped?
4. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
5. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
2. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
3. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
4. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
5. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
6. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
7. What does the escaped convict say to Pip when they first meet?
8. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
9. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
10. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)