|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom does Jaggers take an immediate interest when Pip and his schoolmates dine with him?
2. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
(a) A miniature carriage.
(b) A mobile lawn chair.
(c) An office chair with wheels.
(d) A wheelchair.
3. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Interrogating a witness.
(b) Making busts of dead men.
(c) Studying a law manual.
(d) Forging a will.
4. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Playing with a friend.
(b) Fishing in the stream.
(c) Watching the sunset.
(d) Listening to carols.
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(b) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(c) He is afraid of being punished.
(d) He does not have time to tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
2. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
3. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
4. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
5. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
2. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
3. What does Molly look like?
4. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
5. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
6. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
7. How does Mr. Jaggers embarrass Mr. Wopsle in the tavern?
8. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
9. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
10. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)