|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
(a) A picture of Estella.
(b) A pound note.
(c) Some cake.
(d) A guinea.
2. At what time are all the clocks in Miss Havisham's house stopped?
(a) 10:20 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 8:40 AM.
(d) 11:40 AM.
3. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(a) Mrs. Joe.
(b) The younger convict.
(c) The constable.
4. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
5. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(b) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
(c) Shakes Pip's hand.
(d) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
2. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
3. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
4. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
5. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
2. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
3. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
4. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
5. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
6. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
7. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
8. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
9. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
10. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)