|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(b) His mother's journal.
(c) The bible.
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not have time to tell him.
(b) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(c) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(d) He is afraid of being punished.
3. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Miss Havisham's house.
(b) Biddy's house.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Joe's house.
4. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Lying to his sister.
(b) Ratting out the convict.
(c) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(d) Stealing from Joe.
5. What is Pip's Christian name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
2. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
4. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
5. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
2. What does Molly look like?
3. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
4. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
6. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
7. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
8. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
9. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
10. What happens when Pip is challenged to a fight at Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)