|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
2. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
(a) Mrs. Joe.
(d) Miss Havisham.
3. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
4. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
5. What does Joe's journeyman do while working to show his dislike for Pip?
(a) Gives him bad instructions.
(b) Leaves him the old and rusted hammer with which to work.
(c) Never speaks to him.
(d) Sends sparks in his direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
2. What is Drummle's first name?
3. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
4. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
5. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
2. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
3. What does Pip bring to the escaped convict after going to his sister's house to find supplies?
4. How does Mr. Jaggers embarrass Mr. Wopsle in the tavern?
5. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
6. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
7. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
8. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
9. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
10. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)