|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
(a) Mr. Jaggers's office.
(b) The forge.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Miss Havisham's house.
2. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
3. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) In a dark alley.
(b) On the marshes.
(c) On the seashore.
(d) Under a bridge.
4. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Mr. Pocket.
(c) The servants.
(d) Mrs. Pocket.
5. How often does Pip go to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Every weekend.
(d) Every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
2. What is the name of Pip's servant?
3. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
4. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
5. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
2. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
3. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
4. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
5. What does Molly look like?
6. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
7. What does Pip bring to the escaped convict after going to his sister's house to find supplies?
8. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
9. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
10. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)