|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Miss Havisham.
2. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Playing with a friend.
(b) Watching the sunset.
(c) Listening to carols.
(d) Fishing in the stream.
3. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) The fire.
(b) A frame.
(c) The dung heap.
(d) In his mattress.
4. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
5. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A mother.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is given to Drummle when Pip and his schoolmates dine with Jaggers?
2. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
3. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
4. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
5. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Jaggers embarrass Mr. Wopsle in the tavern?
2. What does the convict say to keep Pip out of trouble when he is found on the marshes?
3. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
4. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
5. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
6. What does Molly look like?
7. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
8. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
9. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
10. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)