|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(c) Tar water.
2. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
3. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) A frame.
(b) In his mattress.
(c) The dung heap.
(d) The fire.
4. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) His sister.
5. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Joe's house.
(b) Biddy's house.
(c) Miss Havisham's house.
(d) The Blue Boar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
2. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
3. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
4. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
5. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
3. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
4. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
5. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
6. What does Molly look like?
7. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
8. What does the escaped convict say to Pip when they first meet?
9. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
10. How does Mr. Jaggers embarrass Mr. Wopsle in the tavern?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)