|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Herbert love?
2. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
3. How much money does Miss Havisham giveto Pip when she asks him not to come back to her house?
(a) 30 guineas.
(b) 35 guineas.
(c) 40 guineas.
(d) 25 guineas.
4. What does Joe's journeyman do while working to show his dislike for Pip?
(a) Never speaks to him.
(b) Leaves him the old and rusted hammer with which to work.
(c) Gives him bad instructions.
(d) Sends sparks in his direction.
5. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Listening to carols.
(b) Fishing in the stream.
(c) Watching the sunset.
(d) Playing with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
2. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
3. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
4. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
5. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jaggers do when Mr. Wemmick challenges him to tell Pip the truth about Estella's birth?
2. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
3. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
4. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
5. What does Mr. Jaggers tell Pip about Estella as they drive to dinner together?
6. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
7. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
8. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
9. What does the convict say to keep Pip out of trouble when he is found on the marshes?
10. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)