|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Herbert love?
2. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
(a) Mr. Wopsle's great aunt.
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
3. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
4. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
(c) Miss Havisham.
5. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
(a) The Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
2. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
3. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
4. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
5. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pip bring to the escaped convict after going to his sister's house to find supplies?
2. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
4. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
5. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
6. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
7. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
8. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
9. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
10. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)