|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
(a) Mr. Wopsle's great aunt.
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
2. How often does Pip go to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Every weekend.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a week.
3. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) His sister.
4. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(a) The constable.
(b) The younger convict.
(d) Mrs. Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
2. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
3. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
4. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
5. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
2. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
3. What happens when Pip is challenged to a fight at Miss Havisham's house?
4. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
5. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
6. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
7. Describe Mr. Wopsle's first play as an actor.
8. Into what kind of trouble does Herbert start to get himself, and how can Pip help him?
9. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
10. What does the convict say to keep Pip out of trouble when he is found on the marshes?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)