|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
2. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) His mother's journal.
(c) The bible.
3. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
4. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
(a) Mrs. Joe.
(b) Miss Havisham.
5. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
2. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
3. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
4. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
5. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
2. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
3. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
4. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
5. What does the escaped convict say to Pip when they first meet?
6. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
7. What question does Miss Havisham ask Pip every time he goes to her house?
8. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
9. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
10. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)