|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
(a) Some food and a file.
(b) Some paper and a pen.
(c) A knife and some wine.
(d) Some bread and an awl.
2. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(c) Tar water.
3. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) The bible.
(b) His mother's journal.
4. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
5. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) New Year's Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
2. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
3. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
4. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
5. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly look like?
2. What happens when Pip is challenged to a fight at Miss Havisham's house?
3. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
6. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
7. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
8. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
9. What does Pip learn about Joe when he writes him a letter?
10. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)