|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
2. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(d) Tar water.
3. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
(a) Filing down his irons.
(c) Hugging himself trying to keep warm.
(d) Digging a hole.
4. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
5. What is the name of Pip's servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
2. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
3. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
4. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
5. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Pip read in the newspaper when he is visiting Estella?
2. What causes Pip to be so ashamed of his apprenticeship?
3. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
4. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
5. What does the escaped convict say to Pip when they first meet?
6. How does Pip feel about his sister's injury, and who does he think caused it?
7. What does the convict say to keep Pip out of trouble when he is found on the marshes?
8. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
9. What does Herbert tell Pip about Miss Havisham?
10. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)