|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the letter asking to meet Pip on the marshes?
2. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
(a) Broken fingers.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Broken leg.
(d) Broken ribs.
3. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) A single candle.
(b) Strange torches.
(c) A bright fireplace.
(d) A lantern.
4. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(b) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(c) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
(d) Jaggers's sister.
5. Who writes to Pip after he sees Mr. Wopsle in his first play?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
6. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
(a) Speaking to a young man.
(b) Walking along the street.
(c) A coach window.
(d) Getting off a train.
7. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
8. Who is Estella's father?
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
9. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
10. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(c) Covent Garden.
11. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
(a) Row to it.
(b) Use fake tickets to get on board.
(c) Swim to it.
(d) Stow away in some cargo that will be loaded on it.
12. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Toying with him.
(b) Being harsh to her mother.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Courting other men.
13. Where does Magwitch stay while he is in London?
(a) Sussex Street.
(c) Essex Street.
(d) Broadham Blvd.
14. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
15. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
(a) Estella summons him.
(b) Joe is injured.
(c) His sister dies.
(d) He runs out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
2. How much money does Pip request in order to help Herbert?
3. What is Mr. Wopsle's stage name?
4. What does Joe name his son?
5. Where is Pip's visitor living before coming to see Pip during the storm?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)