|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
2. What does Joe name his son?
3. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) Broken fingers.
(d) Broken arm.
4. What is Magwitch's pseudonym?
5. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A single candle.
(c) A bright fireplace.
(d) Strange torches.
6. How old is the man who asks to enter Pip's home during a large storm?
7. What is Mr. Wopsle's stage name?
8. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
9. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
(a) He sees Compeyson.
(b) He is getting sick.
(c) He has a gut feeling of danger.
(d) He is being watched.
10. Where does Herbert want to go on vacation?
11. Who else meets Pip's surprise visitor during the snow storm?
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
12. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
13. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
(a) See me immediately.
(b) Thank you for everything.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Do not go home.
14. Who is Estella's father?
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
15. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
(a) Swim to it.
(b) Row to it.
(c) Use fake tickets to get on board.
(d) Stow away in some cargo that will be loaded on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
2. Who writes the letter asking to meet Pip on the marshes?
3. Why is Estella adopted?
4. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
5. Where is the ship that Pip plans to get onboard heading?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)