|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
(a) Trust no one.
(b) Do not go home.
(c) See me immediately.
(d) Thank you for everything.
2. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
3. Where is Pip's visitor living before coming to see Pip during the storm?
4. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
(a) Use fake tickets to get on board.
(b) Swim to it.
(c) Stow away in some cargo that will be loaded on it.
(d) Row to it.
5. What club does Pip decide to join?
(a) Robins in the Bush.
(b) Sparrows on the Wing.
(c) Finches and the Grove.
(d) Birds in the Nest.
6. Who is pursuing Biddy when Pip comes home from London?
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
7. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(b) Jaggers's sister.
(c) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(d) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
8. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
9. Who is Estella's father?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
10. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
(a) Become a tutor.
(b) Sell jewelery.
(c) Live in a cheaper apartment.
(d) Get a job.
11. Who accompanies Pip on a visit to Newgate?
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
12. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
(a) A banker.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A clerk.
13. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
14. Who nurses Pip back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
15. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Being harsh to her mother.
(b) Toying with him.
(c) Courting other men.
(d) Being cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Estella when Miss Havisham adopts her?
2. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
3. Whose body is found after Magwitch is arrested?
4. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
5. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)