|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has left Pip a note on Miss Havisham's gate?
(d) Mr. Wemmick.
2. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
3. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A sluice-house.
(c) On the marshes.
(d) At a barge dock.
4. Who is dating Estella while Pip is living in London?
5. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Courting other men.
(b) Toying with him.
(c) Being harsh to her mother.
(d) Being cold.
6. Where is Magwitch taken after he is arrested?
(a) Police court.
(b) The gallows.
(c) Mr. Jaggers's house.
(d) Scottland Yard.
7. Where is Pip when he hears the news about who Estella is courting?
(a) At a club meeting.
(b) At school.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At a tavern.
8. About what is the meeting with Mr. Jaggers?
(a) His outrageous spending.
(b) His benefactor.
(c) His debt.
(d) His schooling.
9. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
(a) They like him.
(b) They are against him.
(c) They know she will hurt him.
(d) They think he is good for her.
10. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
(a) Live in a cheaper apartment.
(b) Become a tutor.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Sell jewelery.
11. Where does Pip wake up after his being arrested?
(a) At Joe's house.
(b) In prison.
(c) In court.
(d) At Miss Havisham's house.
12. From what does Arthur die?
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) An illness.
13. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
(d) Miss Havisham.
14. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
15. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
(a) His right leg.
(b) His left arm.
(c) His face.
(d) His torso.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Pip request in order to help Herbert?
2. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
3. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
4. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
5. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)