|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Pip pursue at the end of the book?
(a) A banker.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A tutor.
2. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
(a) Marry her if he can get rich enough.
(b) Write to her.
(c) Visit her mother.
(d) See her from time to time.
3. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
4. How old is the man who asks to enter Pip's home during a large storm?
5. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Being harsh to her mother.
(b) Being cold.
(c) Courting other men.
(d) Toying with him.
6. What does Wemmick's house look like?
(a) A shack.
(b) A castle.
(c) A bank.
(d) A prison.
7. Who does Pip ask for the truth about Estella's birth?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Miss Havisham.
8. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
9. For what is Orlick arrested?
(a) Breaking into Mr. Pumblechook's house.
(b) Trying to kill Pip.
(c) Killing Mrs. Joe.
(d) Stealing from Miss Havisham.
10. Who is dating Estella while Pip is living in London?
11. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(b) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
(c) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(d) Jaggers's sister.
12. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
(a) Miss Havisham.
13. Why does the truth about Estella's birth not become generally known?
(a) It would ruin Mr. Jaggers's reputation.
(b) It would hurt her marriage.
(c) It would incriminate her mother.
(d) It would hurt Miss Havisham.
14. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
15. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
(a) Sell jewelery.
(b) Live in a cheaper apartment.
(c) Become a tutor.
(d) Get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
2. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
3. What is the name of Wemmick's house?
4. What does Joe name his son?
5. What is the name of Pip's visitor during the snow storm?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)