|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nurses Pip back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
2. What is Mr. Wopsle's first role as an actor?
(b) King Richard.
3. Of what is Jaggers's maid accused?
4. What does Estella say Pip will be allowed to do when she sees him in London?
(a) Visit her mother.
(b) Marry her if he can get rich enough.
(c) Write to her.
(d) See her from time to time.
5. How much money does Pip request in order to help Herbert?
(a) 90 pounds.
(b) 70 pounds.
(c) 900 pounds.
(d) 700 pounds.
6. Who accompanies Pip on a visit to Newgate?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Mr. Wemmick.
7. Why is Pip arrested?
(a) Stealing wine.
(b) Shooting at Orlick.
(c) Protecting Magwitch.
(d) Not paying debts.
8. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
(a) Sell jewelery.
(b) Live in a cheaper apartment.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Become a tutor.
9. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
10. How long is Pip gone before visiting Joe again?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 years.
11. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
12. Who writes to Pip after he sees Mr. Wopsle in his first play?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
13. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
(a) He is getting sick.
(b) He sees Compeyson.
(c) He is being watched.
(d) He has a gut feeling of danger.
14. Who is Estella's father?
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
15. Where does Herbert want to go on vacation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pip when he hears the news about who Estella is courting?
2. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
3. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
4. What is Magwitch's pseudonym?
5. Whose body is found after Magwitch is arrested?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)