|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the letter asking to meet Pip on the marshes?
2. Who is pursuing Biddy when Pip comes home from London?
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
3. Who has left Pip a note on Miss Havisham's gate?
(b) Mr. Wemmick.
4. Why is Estella adopted?
(a) Her mother wants to kill her.
(b) Her father is in prison.
(c) Her father cannot afford to care for a child.
(d) Her mother dies.
5. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
(a) His daughter is alive.
(b) His wife has forgiven him.
(c) He changed his life.
(d) He loves him.
6. How long is Pip gone before visiting Joe again?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 11 years.
7. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) Strange torches.
(b) A bright fireplace.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A single candle.
8. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
9. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
10. Who does Pip meet at the Blue Boar when he goes to see Miss Havisham?
11. From what does Arthur die?
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) An illness.
12. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
(a) Live in a cheaper apartment.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Sell jewelery.
(d) Become a tutor.
13. Who is Estella's father?
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
14. Who is Estella's mother?
(b) Nobody really knows.
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Joe's wife.
15. What is the name of Wemmick's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
2. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
3. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
4. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
5. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)