|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
(c) Miss Havisham.
2. What does Joe name his son?
3. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
(a) See me immediately.
(b) Thank you for everything.
(c) Do not go home.
(d) Trust no one.
4. Where does Magwitch meet Compeyson?
(a) In a tavern.
(b) On the street.
(c) At the Epson Races.
(d) In prison.
5. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) On Tax Day.
(c) On the first of the next month.
(d) On his birthday.
6. Who is pursuing Biddy when Pip comes home from London?
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
7. Where does Pip know he needs to take Magwitch?
(a) Out of England.
(b) Into the country.
(c) To prison.
(d) Onto a ship.
8. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
9. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
10. To whom is Biddy married?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
11. Why does Magwitch say he must leave the country earlier than expected?
(a) He has a gut feeling of danger.
(b) He sees Compeyson.
(c) He is getting sick.
(d) He is being watched.
12. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
13. Who nurses Pip back to health after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
14. Where is the ship that Pip plans to get onboard heading?
15. Where is Pip when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
(a) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(b) Clara's house.
(d) Mr. Wopsle's theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip do to make money when he decides not to take any more of Magwitch's money?
2. Where is Pip's visitor living before coming to see Pip during the storm?
3. Where is Magwitch taken after he is arrested?
4. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
5. What disguise does Magwitch use when he and Pip attempt to board the ship heading abroad?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)