|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What club does Pip decide to join?
(a) Robins in the Bush.
(b) Birds in the Nest.
(c) Finches and the Grove.
(d) Sparrows on the Wing.
2. Who wants to murder Magwitch?
(d) Miss Havisham.
3. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
4. What does Pip have to find in order to see Magwitch?
(a) The Old Blue Steel Tavern.
(b) The Old White Board Walk.
(c) The Old Red Ferry.
(d) The Old Green Copper Rope Walk.
5. Why is Pip arrested?
(a) Not paying debts.
(b) Shooting at Orlick.
(c) Stealing wine.
(d) Protecting Magwitch.
6. How does Pip plan to get on board the big ship heading abroad?
(a) Swim to it.
(b) Stow away in some cargo that will be loaded on it.
(c) Row to it.
(d) Use fake tickets to get on board.
7. From what does Arthur die?
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) An illness.
8. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
9. What is Pip doing when Mr. Jaggers invites him to dinner?
10. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
11. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) At a barge dock.
(b) A sluice-house.
(c) On the marshes.
(d) A tavern.
12. Who does Pip see at Miss Havisham's house at the end of the book?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
13. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
14. Who else meets Pip's surprise visitor during the snow storm?
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
15. Who convinces Pip to join an exclusive club?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
2. Where does Herbert want to go on vacation?
3. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
4. What name does Magwtich use when he leaves his hiding place in London?
5. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)