|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
2. Where does Pip run into Mr. Pumblechook after he returns to live with Joe?
(a) The Three Jolly Portsmen.
(b) Miss Havisham's house.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) The market place.
3. What does the note to Pip left on Miss Havisham's gate say?
(a) Thank you for everything.
(b) Do not go home.
(c) See me immediately.
(d) Trust no one.
4. What is the name of Estella's daughter?
5. Of what is Jaggers's maid accused?
6. How is the room on the marshes lit when Pip gets there?
(a) Strange torches.
(b) A single candle.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A bright fireplace.
7. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(b) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
(c) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(d) Jaggers's sister.
8. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) On the marshes.
(b) At a barge dock.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A sluice-house.
9. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
10. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) On the first of the next month.
(c) On Tax Day.
(d) On his birthday.
11. What does Wemmick's house look like?
(a) A castle.
(b) A prison.
(c) A shack.
(d) A bank.
12. What does Joe name his son?
13. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
14. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
15. Who is Estella's father?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
2. How old is Estella when Miss Havisham adopts her?
3. What does Miss Havisham say she has no right to be?
4. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
5. Where is Pip injured after the fire at Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)