|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Pip on a visit to Newgate?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
2. What is Pip's allowance?
(a) 125 pounds per quarter.
(b) 125 pounds per month.
(c) 125 pounds per anum.
(d) 125 pounds per year.
3. How many other men and women are sentenced to death on the day Magwitch is sentenced to death?
4. About what is the meeting with Mr. Jaggers?
(a) His outrageous spending.
(b) His schooling.
(c) His debt.
(d) His benefactor.
5. Where does Pip know he needs to take Magwitch?
(a) To prison.
(b) Into the country.
(c) Onto a ship.
(d) Out of England.
6. Why does the truth about Estella's birth not become generally known?
(a) It would incriminate her mother.
(b) It would hurt Miss Havisham.
(c) It would ruin Mr. Jaggers's reputation.
(d) It would hurt her marriage.
7. Whose body is found after Magwitch is arrested?
8. Who writes to Pip after he sees Mr. Wopsle in his first play?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
9. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(b) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(c) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
(d) Jaggers's sister.
10. How long is Pip gone before visiting Joe again?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 11 years.
11. About what does Pip confront Miss Havisham?
(a) Getting his hopes up.
(b) Pretending to be his benefactor.
(c) Lying to him about her past.
(d) Allowing Estella to court Drummle.
12. What does Pip tell Magwitch just before he dies?
(a) He changed his life.
(b) He loves him.
(c) His wife has forgiven him.
(d) His daughter is alive.
13. When is Pip supposed to meet with Mr. Jaggers for an important appointment?
(a) On Christmas Eve.
(b) On Tax Day.
(c) On the first of the next month.
(d) On his birthday.
14. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
(a) Mr. Wemmick's house.
(b) Covent Garden.
(c) The Blue Boar.
15. Where does someone want to meet Pip concerning Provis?
(a) A sluice-house.
(b) A tavern.
(c) At a barge dock.
(d) On the marshes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Orlick arrested?
2. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
3. Where is Estella going when she sees Pip in London?
4. Who is Estella's father?
5. Where does Magwitch stay while he is in London?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)