|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of injury does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Broken fingers.
(d) Broken leg.
2. Who interrupts the fight almost started by Pip in the Blue Boar?
(a) The owner.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Some farmers.
3. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
4. For whom is Herbert going to work?
(a) Wemmick's brother-in-law.
(b) Miss Havisham's nephew.
(c) Mr. Pocket's uncle.
(d) Jaggers's sister.
5. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
(a) He writes.
(b) He smokes.
(c) He reads.
(d) He gambles.
6. Where is Pip's visitor living before coming to see Pip during the storm?
7. What does Pip have to find in order to see Magwitch?
(a) The Old Blue Steel Tavern.
(b) The Old Green Copper Rope Walk.
(c) The Old White Board Walk.
(d) The Old Red Ferry.
8. What is Magwitch taught to do as a teen that changes his life?
9. Who is Estella's father?
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
10. Who sees Compeyson at a theater?
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
(d) Mr. Wemmick.
11. What is the name of Pip's visitor during the snow storm?
12. What club does Pip decide to join?
(a) Robins in the Bush.
(b) Birds in the Nest.
(c) Sparrows on the Wing.
(d) Finches and the Grove.
13. Why does the truth about Estella's birth not become generally known?
(a) It would ruin Mr. Jaggers's reputation.
(b) It would incriminate her mother.
(c) It would hurt Miss Havisham.
(d) It would hurt her marriage.
14. With whom does Magwitch room while he is in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
15. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Courting other men.
(b) Being harsh to her mother.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Toying with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Wopsle's first role as an actor?
2. Where does Pip know he needs to take Magwitch?
3. Who is pursuing Biddy when Pip comes home from London?
4. Where does Pip go after receiving a letter on Miss Havisham's gate?
5. With what does Mr. Wemmick surprise Pip after Magwitch is arrested?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)