|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(b) Stealing from Joe.
(c) Lying to his sister.
(d) Ratting out the convict.
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He is afraid of being punished.
(b) He does not have time to tell him.
(c) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(d) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
3. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
(a) Miss Havisham.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
4. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
5. What happens that causes Pip to have to return to the marshes?
(a) Estella summons him.
(b) He runs out of money.
(c) His sister dies.
(d) Joe is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
2. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
3. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
5. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)