|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his visit to Newgate, where does Pip see Estella?
(a) Getting off a train.
(b) Walking along the street.
(c) Speaking to a young man.
(d) A coach window.
2. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To make his sister happy.
(d) To cover up his mistakes.
3. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Pocket.
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
4. Who is eating a large meal in Joe's house when Pip comes home from London?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
5. Where is Pip when he hears the news about who Estella is courting?
(a) At a club meeting.
(b) At school.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At a tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
2. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
3. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
4. How much older than Pip is his sister?
5. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)