|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) In a dark alley.
(b) On the seashore.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) On the marshes.
2. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(a) Table manners.
(d) How to shave.
3. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) His new home.
(b) The Prison.
(c) A garden.
(d) The school.
4. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He is afraid of being punished.
(b) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(c) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(d) He does not have time to tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
2. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
3. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
4. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
5. Who writes to Pip after he sees Mr. Wopsle in his first play?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)