|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip do frequently after Herbert leaves?
(a) He reads.
(b) He gambles.
(c) He writes.
(d) He smokes.
2. How much money does Miss Havisham giveto Pip when she asks him not to come back to her house?
(a) 30 guineas.
(b) 40 guineas.
(c) 35 guineas.
(d) 25 guineas.
3. How does Estella say her family feels about Pip when she sees him in London?
(a) They are against him.
(b) They know she will hurt him.
(c) They think he is good for her.
(d) They like him.
4. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Being harsh to her mother.
(b) Toying with him.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Courting other men.
5. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else meets Pip's surprise visitor during the snow storm?
2. Where is Pip when he hears the news about who Estella is courting?
3. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
4. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
5. How often does Pip go to Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)