|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
2. What is the name of Pip's servant?
3. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(b) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(c) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(d) The Three Happy Sailors.
4. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) The convict.
5. For what does Pip reproach Estella when they are alone in London?
(a) Toying with him.
(b) Being cold.
(c) Courting other men.
(d) Being harsh to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
2. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
3. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
4. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
5. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)