|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) Pick a lock.
(b) Shoe a horse.
(c) File a chain.
(d) Feed some hungry men.
2. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(d) Tar water.
3. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) His mother's journal.
(c) The bible.
4. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Watching the sunset.
(b) Fishing in the stream.
(c) Playing with a friend.
(d) Listening to carols.
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He is afraid of being punished.
(b) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(c) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(d) He does not have time to tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
2. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
3. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
4. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
5. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)