|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(d) Tar water.
2. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tamer.
(b) The Tempter.
(c) The Tackler.
(d) The Tickler.
3. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(b) The Three Happy Sailors.
(c) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(d) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
4. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
(b) Mrs. Joe.
(d) Mrs. Wopsle.
5. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To cover up his mistakes.
(d) To make his sister happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
3. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
4. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
5. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)