|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Plays cards.
(b) Reads books.
(c) Eats lunch.
(d) Walks in the orchard.
2. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His face is bruised.
(b) His eyes are black.
(c) His skin looks red.
(d) He is wearing no clothes.
3. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
4. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) Under his hat.
(c) Down his trousers.
(d) In his knapsack.
5. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tamer.
(b) The Tickler.
(c) The Tempter.
(d) The Tackler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
2. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
3. What is Joe's profession?
4. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
5. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)