|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not have time to tell him.
(b) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(c) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(d) He is afraid of being punished.
2. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Watching the sunset.
(b) Listening to carols.
(c) Fishing in the stream.
(d) Playing with a friend.
3. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(d) Tar water.
4. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
(a) Under his hat.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) Down his trousers.
(d) In his knapsack.
5. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tamer.
(b) The Tackler.
(c) The Tempter.
(d) The Tickler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
2. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
4. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
5. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)