|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
(a) Hugging himself trying to keep warm.
(b) Filing down his irons.
(d) Digging a hole.
2. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
(d) The Constable.
3. What is Pip's Christian name?
4. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(b) Tar water.
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(b) He does not have time to tell him.
(c) He is afraid of being punished.
(d) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
2. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
3. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
5. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)