|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(b) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(c) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(d) The Three Happy Sailors.
2. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) On the seashore.
(b) On the marshes.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) In a dark alley.
3. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Walks in the orchard.
(b) Plays cards.
(c) Eats lunch.
(d) Reads books.
4. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Lying to his sister.
(b) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(c) Ratting out the convict.
(d) Stealing from Joe.
5. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(b) The bible.
(d) His mother's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
3. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
4. How much older than Pip is his sister?
5. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)