|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
2. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
3. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Fishing in the stream.
(b) Playing with a friend.
(c) Watching the sunset.
(d) Listening to carols.
4. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To make his sister happy.
(d) To cover up his mistakes.
5. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is nonplussed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
2. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
3. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
4. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
5. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)