|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
2. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His face is bruised.
(b) His skin looks red.
(c) His eyes are black.
(d) He is wearing no clothes.
3. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(a) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
4. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A brewery.
(c) A factory.
(d) An orchard.
5. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To make his sister happy.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To protect Miss Havisham.
(d) To cover up his mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
2. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
3. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
4. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
5. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)