|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His face is bruised.
(b) His skin looks red.
(c) His eyes are black.
(d) He is wearing no clothes.
2. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
(c) Mrs. Joe.
3. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Playing with a friend.
(b) Listening to carols.
(c) Fishing in the stream.
(d) Watching the sunset.
5. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
2. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
3. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
4. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
5. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)