|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Happy Sailors.
(b) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(c) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(d) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
2. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) An orchard.
(b) A factory.
(c) A brewery.
(d) The ocean.
3. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(a) The constable.
(c) Mrs. Joe.
(d) The younger convict.
4. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
5. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(b) Tar water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
2. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
3. What is Joe's profession?
4. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
5. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)