|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To cover up his mistakes.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To protect Miss Havisham.
(d) To make his sister happy.
2. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
(a) A pound note.
(b) Some cake.
(c) A guinea.
(d) A picture of Estella.
3. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
(a) A file.
(b) A golden rod.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wooden spoon.
5. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(b) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(c) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(d) The Three Happy Sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Miss Havisham giveto Pip when she asks him not to come back to her house?
2. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
3. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
4. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
5. What is Joe's profession?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)