|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Murad stay while he is in flight?
2. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
3. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
4. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
5. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze morality in three of Tolstoy's stories. What is Tolstoy's view of morality? Is it innate, or the result of decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tolstoy's treatment of the relationship between masters and servants in three stories in "Great Short Works of Leo Tolstoy". How are the roles defined? How do characters vary from them?
Essay Topic 3
How do characters in three of Tolstoy's stories handle depression? What is it typically caused by, and what are the effective solutions to it?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)