|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A talented lawyer.
(b) A poor inn keeper.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A privileged young man.
2. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A young neighbor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A semi-professional musician.
3. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
(a) Fight the Russians.
(b) Surrender to the Russians.
(c) Emigrate to America.
(d) Gather men to fight Shamil.
4. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
(a) He caught her cheating on him.
(b) Desire for her money.
(c) She was ill and suffering.
(d) A jealous rage.
5. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
(d) Some Chechens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hadji Murad?
2. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
3. When do the travelers finally decide to stop?
4. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
5. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
2. What happens to Vasili and Nikita after they set out from Grishkino?
3. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
4. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
5. Describe Stepan Kasatsky' personality.
6. What does Hadji Murad hope to find when he reaches Russia?
7. What gift did Father Sergius discover he had, and what did it do for him?
8. Describe Stepan Kasatsky's relationship with Countess Korotkova.
9. What does Tolstoy mean by ending the story with Marya Dmitrievna screaming 'you are all cutthroats'?
10. What finally halts the travelers?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)