|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hadji Murad?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(b) A Russian prince.
(c) A Chechen fighter.
(d) A Turkish fighter.
2. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Carry on his affairs.
(c) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(d) Remain faithful.
3. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
(a) Use him to train anti-Chechen fighters.
(b) Use him on the Western front.
(c) Use him against the Chechens.
(d) Send him to Siberia.
4. Who is Mukhorty?
(a) Vasili's priest.
(b) Vasili's servant.
(c) Vasili's neighbor.
(d) Vasili's horse.
5. Who gives the travelers directions?
(a) An innkeeper in Grishkino.
(b) A fellow traveler.
(c) A servant.
(d) A landowner in Goryachkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
2. What town do the Russians ultimately destroy?
3. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
4. Who is Nikita?
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his and his wife's courtship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
2. What does Tolstoy mean by ending the story with Marya Dmitrievna screaming 'you are all cutthroats'?
3. What does Pozdnyshev realize as soon as he kills his wife?
4. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
5. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
6. What does Hadji Murad hope to find when he reaches Russia?
7. What did the Tsar decide with regard to Murad?
8. How does Stepan acquire the name Father Sergius?
9. Why did Hadji Murad set out for Russia?
10. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)