|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
(b) Some Chechens.
2. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
(c) A prisoner exchange.
(d) Immediate action.
3. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(b) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(c) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(d) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
4. What town do the Russians ultimately destroy?
(a) Murad's hometown.
(b) Shamil's hometown.
(c) All the Chechen border towns.
(d) Shamil's stronghold.
5. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
(a) Lust for women.
(b) Desire for easy city ways.
(c) Desire for power.
(d) Desire for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house do the travelers stop at?
2. Who is Hadji Murad?
3. Who is Murad hoping to reach at his destination?
4. Who is Mukhorty?
5. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
2. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
3. What gift did Father Sergius discover he had, and what did it do for him?
4. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
5. How does Stepan acquire the name Father Sergius?
6. What did the Tsar decide with regard to Murad?
7. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
8. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
9. What is the event that precipitates Pozdnyshev's murder of his wife?
10. What does Tolstoy mean by ending the story with Marya Dmitrievna screaming 'you are all cutthroats'?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)