|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
(a) He read his wife's letters.
(b) Catching his wife and Trukhachevsky in the act.
(c) A business trip.
(d) One of Trukhachevsky's enemies told him about Trukhachevsky's affair with his wife.
2. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Carry on his affairs.
(c) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(d) Remain faithful.
3. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
(a) As fellow traveler.
(b) Nikita's wife.
(c) An innkeeper.
(d) A landowner.
4. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) He vows to love her eternally.
(b) He breaks off the engagement.
(c) He kills her.
(d) He confronts the other man.
5. Who is Shamil?
(a) The Chechen leader.
(b) A Turkish soldier.
(c) A Russian general.
(d) A Chechen fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
2. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
3. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
4. Where does the road take them after the travelers return to the road?
5. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)