|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shamil?
(a) The Chechen leader.
(b) A Chechen fighter.
(c) A Turkish soldier.
(d) A Russian general.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
3. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
(b) Hoar frost.
4. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(b) Arguing law cases.
5. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(b) Carry on his affairs.
(c) Remain faithful.
(d) Kill his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
2. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
3. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
4. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
5. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
2. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
3. Describe Stepan Kasatsky' personality.
4. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
5. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
6. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
7. What does Pozdnyshev realize as soon as he kills his wife?
8. What finally halts the travelers?
9. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
10. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)