|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
(a) Fits of generosity.
(b) Fits of temper.
(c) Fits of jealousy.
(d) Fits of laughing.
2. Why is it urgent for Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty to reach their destination in the snow storm?
(a) Nikita's mother is ill.
(b) Vasili's mother is ill.
(c) Mukhorty needs medical attention.
(d) Vasili wants to make a bid on some land there.
3. Where does Murad stay while he is in flight?
(a) On the streets.
(b) He stays on the move.
(c) In the forest.
(d) With friends.
4. Where are Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty traveling to?
(b) The Semenov estate.
5. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) To Petersburg.
(b) To the country.
(c) To a monastery.
(d) To Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
2. Who is Hadji Murad?
3. What does Murad ultimately plan to do?
4. How much money did Vasili borrow?
5. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
2. Describe Stepan Kasatsky's relationship with Countess Korotkova.
3. What does Hadji Murad hope to find when he reaches Russia?
4. Why did Hadji Murad set out for Russia?
5. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
6. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
7. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
8. What happens to Vasili and Nikita after they set out from Grishkino?
9. How does Stepan acquire the name Father Sergius?
10. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)