|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
(a) To create a disturbance.
(b) To win recognition.
(c) To escape from reality.
(d) To undermine authority.
2. How much money did Vasili borrow?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 2,300 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
(d) 3,000 rubles.
3. Who is Nikita?
(a) Vasili's neighbor.
(b) Vasili's priest.
(c) Vasili's servant.
(d) Vasili's horse.
4. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
(a) Shamil pushed him out of power.
(b) Shamil killed his brother and father.
(c) Shamil stole from him.
(d) Shamil insulted him.
5. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A privileged young man.
(b) A poor inn keeper.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A talented lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
2. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
3. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
4. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)