|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A young neighbor.
(b) A semi-professional musician.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A lawyer.
2. How did Murad die?
(a) He was betrayed by his own men.
(b) He was assassinated by Shamil's men.
(c) He was killed in battle.
(d) He was shot in an ambush.
3. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
(c) Warmly affectionate.
4. Who gives the travelers directions?
(a) An innkeeper in Grishkino.
(b) A fellow traveler.
(c) A landowner in Goryachkin.
(d) A servant.
5. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
(a) Use him on the Western front.
(b) Use him against the Chechens.
(c) Send him to Siberia.
(d) Use him to train anti-Chechen fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
2. What is it called when Vasili dies protecting Nikita?
3. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
4. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)