|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
(d) Some Chechens.
2. How does Nikita treat Mukhorty?
(a) As a pet.
(b) As a beast of burden.
(c) As a low criminal.
(d) As a family member.
3. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
(a) To bear children.
(b) To nurse her child.
(c) To take care of Pozdnyshev.
(d) To take a lover.
4. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
(a) Shamil pushed him out of power.
(b) Shamil insulted him.
(c) Shamil stole from him.
(d) Shamil killed his brother and father.
5. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
(a) She did not like the town they moved to.
(b) She could see he did not love her.
(c) She could not have children.
(d) She did not love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murad hope for, from the person he is trying to reach?
2. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
3. Who is Nikita?
4. Who is Trukhachevsky?
5. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Vasili and Nikita after they set out from Grishkino?
2. What does Tolstoy mean by ending the story with Marya Dmitrievna screaming 'you are all cutthroats'?
3. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
4. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
5. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
6. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
7. Describe Stepan Kasatsky's relationship with Countess Korotkova.
8. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
9. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
10. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)