|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) A general's wife.
(b) The emperor's concubine.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
2. How much money did Vasili borrow?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 1,500 rubles.
(c) 2,300 rubles.
(d) 3,000 rubles.
3. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
(a) Vasili's servants.
(c) People from the Semenov estate.
4. Where is Murad fleeing to?
(b) The Russian fort at Vozvizhensk.
(d) The Caucasus.
5. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Carry on his affairs.
(d) Remain faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
2. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
3. How does Marya Dmitrievna denounce Hadji Aga and his men?
4. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
5. Whose house do the travelers stop at?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)