|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Nikita live after Vasili died?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) To Petersburg.
(b) To the country.
(c) To a monastery.
(d) To Moscow.
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
(a) He wants to devote himself to her.
(b) He wants to set things right with her.
(c) He wants to punish her for leading him astray.
(d) She seems like a means to salvation for him.
4. Where does Murad stay while he is in flight?
(a) On the streets.
(b) In the forest.
(c) With friends.
(d) He stays on the move.
5. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(b) Remain faithful.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Carry on his affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
2. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
3. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
4. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
5. Where are Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty traveling to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
2. What does Tolstoy mean by ending the story with Marya Dmitrievna screaming 'you are all cutthroats'?
3. What gift did Father Sergius discover he had, and what did it do for him?
4. What happens to Vasili and Nikita after they set out from Grishkino?
5. How does Stepan acquire the name Father Sergius?
6. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
7. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
8. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
9. What does Pozdnyshev realize as soon as he kills his wife?
10. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)