|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the travelers directions?
(a) A fellow traveler.
(b) A landowner in Goryachkin.
(c) An innkeeper in Grishkino.
(d) A servant.
2. Why is it urgent for Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty to reach their destination in the snow storm?
(a) Mukhorty needs medical attention.
(b) Vasili's mother is ill.
(c) Nikita's mother is ill.
(d) Vasili wants to make a bid on some land there.
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
(a) She seems like a means to salvation for him.
(b) He wants to devote himself to her.
(c) He wants to set things right with her.
(d) He wants to punish her for leading him astray.
4. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
(a) Fits of laughing.
(b) Fits of jealousy.
(c) Fits of temper.
(d) Fits of generosity.
5. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
(a) His servant.
(b) His parents.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The church till.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
2. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
3. How much money did Vasili borrow?
4. What does Murad ultimately plan to do?
5. Who is Trukhachevsky?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)