|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
(a) Shamil pushed him out of power.
(b) Shamil stole from him.
(c) Shamil killed his brother and father.
(d) Shamil insulted him.
2. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
(a) People from the Semenov estate.
(c) Vasili's servants.
3. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
4. Whose house do the travelers stop at?
(a) The mayor of Goryachkin.
(b) Vasili's cousin.
(c) The wealthiest man in Grishkino.
(d) Nikita's wife.
5. How did Murad die?
(a) He was killed in battle.
(b) He was shot in an ambush.
(c) He was assassinated by Shamil's men.
(d) He was betrayed by his own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
2. How does Nikita treat Mukhorty?
3. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
4. Why is it urgent for Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty to reach their destination in the snow storm?
5. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
2. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
3. Describe Stepan Kasatsky' personality.
4. What are some possible morals for "Master and Man"?
5. What does Pozdnyshev realize as soon as he kills his wife?
6. What is the event that precipitates Pozdnyshev's murder of his wife?
7. What does Hadji Murad hope to find when he reaches Russia?
8. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
9. What did the Tsar decide with regard to Murad?
10. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)