|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Murad hope for, from the person he is trying to reach?
(a) Safe passage.
(b) A large force.
2. What town do the Russians ultimately destroy?
(a) All the Chechen border towns.
(b) Shamil's stronghold.
(c) Murad's hometown.
(d) Shamil's hometown.
3. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
(b) The emperor's concubine.
(c) A general's wife.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
4. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(c) Remain faithful.
(d) Carry on his affairs.
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
(a) A practical, economic union.
(b) A passionate union.
(c) A carnal union.
(d) A spiritual union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
2. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
3. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
4. How did Murad die?
5. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
2. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
3. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
4. What does Pozdnyshev realize as soon as he kills his wife?
5. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
6. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
7. Why does Murad want to fight Shamil?
8. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
9. Why did Hadji Murad set out for Russia?
10. What did the Tsar decide with regard to Murad?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)