|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
(a) Prince Vorontsov.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) An adviser to the Tsar.
(d) Marya Dmitrievna.
2. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A privileged young man.
(b) A poor inn keeper.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A talented lawyer.
3. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
(a) A wealthy innkeeper.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(a) A judge and jury.
(b) His cell-mate.
(c) His seat-mate.
5. Who is Nikita?
(a) Vasili's priest.
(b) Vasili's servant.
(c) Vasili's neighbor.
(d) Vasili's horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
2. Who is Shamil?
3. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
4. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
5. Who was Countess Korotkova?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Tsar decide with regard to Murad?
2. What does Tolstoy mean by ending the story with Marya Dmitrievna screaming 'you are all cutthroats'?
3. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
4. Why does Murad want to fight Shamil?
5. What happens to Vasili and Nikita after they set out from Grishkino?
6. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
7. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
8. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
9. How does Stepan acquire the name Father Sergius?
10. What are some possible morals for "Master and Man"?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)