|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A wealthy innkeeper.
2. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
(a) As fellow traveler.
(b) Nikita's wife.
(c) An innkeeper.
(d) A landowner.
3. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A poor inn keeper.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A privileged young man.
(d) A talented lawyer.
4. How did Murad die?
(a) He was assassinated by Shamil's men.
(b) He was killed in battle.
(c) He was shot in an ambush.
(d) He was betrayed by his own men.
5. Where are Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty traveling to?
(a) The Semenov estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
2. How long did Nikita live after Vasili died?
3. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
4. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
5. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
2. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
3. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
4. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
5. Why did Hadji Murad set out for Russia?
6. What did the Tsar decide with regard to Murad?
7. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
8. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
9. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
10. What does Hadji Murad hope to find when he reaches Russia?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)