|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
(a) A woman who tempts him.
(b) A woman who seduces him.
(c) A woman who refuses him.
(d) A woman who seduced his spiritual leader.
2. What doest Stepan Kasatsky tell Countess Korotkova?
(a) That he would kill her if he ever found out she betrayed him.
(b) That he was terribly devoted.
(c) That his love for her scared him.
(d) That she made him a better person.
3. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
(a) She was ill and suffering.
(b) A jealous rage.
(c) He caught her cheating on him.
(d) Desire for her money.
4. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
5. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
(a) Hoar frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
2. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
3. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
4. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
5. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
2. What gift did Father Sergius discover he had, and what did it do for him?
3. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
4. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
5. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
6. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
7. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
8. Describe Stepan Kasatsky' personality.
9. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
10. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)