|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) To a monastery.
(b) To Petersburg.
(c) To the country.
(d) To Moscow.
2. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He was arrested for vagrancy.
(b) He was arrested for treason.
(c) He asked to be sent.
(d) He followed a woman there.
3. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
(b) People from the Semenov estate.
(c) Vasili's servants.
4. What does Murad hope for, from the person he is trying to reach?
(a) A large force.
(d) Safe passage.
5. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
(a) To escape from reality.
(b) To undermine authority.
(c) To win recognition.
(d) To create a disturbance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Murad suspicious when he reaches his destination?
2. Who gives the travelers directions?
3. Who was Countess Korotkova?
4. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
5. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
2. What happens to Vasili and Nikita after they set out from Grishkino?
3. What are some possible morals for "Master and Man"?
4. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
5. How did Father Sergius come to be sent to Siberia?
6. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
7. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
8. What is the event that precipitates Pozdnyshev's murder of his wife?
9. Why does Murad want to fight Shamil?
10. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)