|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(b) His cell-mate.
(c) His seat-mate.
(d) A judge and jury.
2. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
(a) In a museum.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) On a train ride.
3. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
4. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A semi-professional musician.
(b) A young neighbor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(b) Arguing law cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
2. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
3. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
4. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
5. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for "Kreutzer Sonata"?
2. What gift did Father Sergius discover he had, and what did it do for him?
3. What finally halts the travelers?
4. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
5. What is the event that precipitates Pozdnyshev's murder of his wife?
6. What happens the first time Nikita and Vasili get off the road?
7. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
8. Why did Hadji Murad set out for Russia?
9. Describe Pozdnyshev's marriage.
10. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)