|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doest Stepan Kasatsky tell Countess Korotkova?
(a) That he was terribly devoted.
(b) That she made him a better person.
(c) That his love for her scared him.
(d) That he would kill her if he ever found out she betrayed him.
2. Where does the road take them after the travelers return to the road?
(c) The Semenov estate.
3. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A young neighbor.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A semi-professional musician.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
(a) People from the Semenov estate.
(c) Vasili's servants.
5. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
(d) Hoar frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when Vasili dies protecting Nikita?
2. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
3. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
4. How long did Nikita live after Vasili died?
5. Who gives the travelers directions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible morals for "Master and Man"?
2. What is Nikita's relationship with Mukhorty?
3. What effect does Trukhachevsky's arrival have on Pozdnyshev's marriage?
4. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
5. Why did Hadji Murad set out for Russia?
6. Why does Father Sergius ask to be reassigned to a hermitage?
7. What does Murad ask Prince Vorontsov for after he surrenders?
8. What causes Vasili Andreevich to set off for Goryachkin?
9. How does Stepan acquire the name Father Sergius?
10. What gift did Father Sergius discover he had, and what did it do for him?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)