|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
(b) She tells him it is his, but he finds out it is not.
(d) He is not sure.
2. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A printer.
(d) A minister.
3. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
4. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) The birth of a daughter.
(c) He inherited his father's estate.
(d) He lost his health.
5. What is in Novomlinsk?
(a) Muslim Tartars.
(b) The Russian military outpost.
(c) The Turkish trading post.
(d) The center of the Grebensk Cossack settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya's depression return?
2. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
3. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
4. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
5. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stepan Kasatsky' personality.
2. What causes Marya's depression?
3. What finally halts the travelers?
4. What is the relationship between the Grebensk Cossacks and the Muslim Tartars?
5. Describe Alyosha's relationship with Ustinja.
6. What kinds of problems does Ivan Ilych have with Praskovya Federovna, his wife?
7. Describe the circumstances of Lukashka's death.
8. Describe Alyosha's temperament.
9. Describe the circumstances of Alyosha's death.
10. What is Alyosha's situation at the beginning of "Alyosha the Pot"?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)