|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
(a) She was having complications of her pregnancy.
(b) She was taken ill.
(c) She was having fits.
(d) She tripped crossing a ditch.
2. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When he moves in with her family.
(b) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(c) When he sees her baking bread.
(d) At Beletsky's party.
4. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
(a) That they are independent.
(b) That they are perfect.
(c) That they are flawed.
(d) That they each depend on the other.
5. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
2. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
3. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
4. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
5. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of problems does Ivan Ilych have with Praskovya Federovna, his wife?
2. What was Alyosha's experience like where he worked for the merchant?
3. What causes Sergey and Marya's relationship to blossom?
4. How does Praskovya Federovna's bad temper affect Ivan Ilych?
5. Describe Pozdnyshev's relation with his children.
6. What causes Marya's depression?
7. Describe Alyosha's relationship with Ustinja.
8. How does Ivan Ilych change when he begins to make money?
9. How does Dmitri go about confessing his love to Maryanka?
10. What does Hadji Murad hope to find when he reaches Russia?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)