|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alyosha discover with Ustinja?
(a) That he cannot get what he wants in life.
(b) That he has strength.
(c) That he is poor and powerless.
(d) That it is possible to love.
2. Why doesn't Alyosha go to school?
(a) He works on his father's farm.
(b) He lives too far from town.
(c) His family can't afford it.
(d) His family had a fight with the teachers.
3. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(d) Jealous rages.
5. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Turk.
(b) A Chechen.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the employer threaten if Alyosha marries?
2. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
3. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
4. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
5. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)