|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
(a) She was having fits.
(b) She was having complications of her pregnancy.
(c) She tripped crossing a ditch.
(d) She was taken ill.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(b) Indifferent to each other.
(c) Head over heels in love.
(d) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
3. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Begin to gamble.
(b) Start having affairs.
(c) Buy expensive clothes.
(d) Begin to drink.
4. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of wild boars.
(b) Fear of Lukashka.
(c) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(d) Fear of a Tartar attack.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(b) Shrewd and attentive.
(c) Catatonic and silent.
(d) Hard-working and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
2. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
3. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
4. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
5. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)