|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(b) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(c) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(d) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
2. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
(a) In prison.
(b) On a train ride.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) In a museum.
3. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 2,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Alyosha?
(a) As troubled.
(b) As brilliant.
(c) As simple.
(d) As lazy.
5. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
(a) Marya Dmitrievna.
(b) Prince Vorontsov.
(c) The Tsar.
(d) An adviser to the Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
2. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
3. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
4. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)