|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
2. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
(a) To teach the child.
(b) To clean the house.
(c) To nurse her baby.
(d) To weave tapestries.
3. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It incenses her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It has no affect on her.
(d) It rejuvenates her.
4. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
(b) Lawless mountain people.
(c) Christian Cossacks.
5. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
(a) To create a disturbance.
(b) To escape from reality.
(c) To win recognition.
(d) To undermine authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
2. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
3. Who gives the travelers directions?
4. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
5. How much money did Vasili borrow?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)