|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
2. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
(a) She could see he did not love her.
(b) She did not like the town they moved to.
(c) She could not have children.
(d) She did not love him.
3. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of struggle.
(b) A life of ease.
(c) A life of art.
(d) A life of troubles.
4. Where does Murad stay while he is in flight?
(a) On the streets.
(b) With friends.
(c) In the forest.
(d) He stays on the move.
5. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) Corrupt desire.
(b) Red-blooded need for sex.
(c) The shameful decision.
(d) The dehumanizing desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
2. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
3. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
4. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
5. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)