|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(b) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(c) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(d) As two egoists foreign to each other.
2. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 2,500 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
3. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Remain faithful.
(b) Carry on his affairs.
(c) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(d) Kill his wife.
4. How long did Nikita live after Vasili died?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) Over the summer.
(b) In the winter.
(c) In August.
(d) In May.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when Vasili dies protecting Nikita?
2. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
4. Why has Shamil ordered Murad's family to be arrested?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)