|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) Complete relief.
(b) They make her genuinely ill.
(c) They exacerbate the depression.
(d) Temporary relief.
2. What makes Murad suspicious when he reaches his destination?
(a) Armed men.
(b) A cold reception.
(c) A large reception.
(d) Some of Shamil's men.
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When he moves in with her family.
(b) When he sees her baking bread.
(c) At Beletsky's party.
(d) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
4. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Escape from his wife.
(c) The perfect woman.
5. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) In the winter.
(b) Over the summer.
(c) In August.
(d) In May.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
2. Who is Ustinja?
3. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
4. What does Alyosha come to believe on his deathbed?
5. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)