|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alyosha try to convince Ustinja that his pain is negligible?
(a) He is afraid to admit his pain to himself.
(b) He does not want to worry her.
(c) He does not want his master to be displeased.
(d) He is trying to appear macho.
2. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
(a) To teach the child.
(b) To clean the house.
(c) To weave tapestries.
(d) To nurse her baby.
3. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
(a) In the grasses.
(b) In his apartments.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In her house.
4. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) A general's wife.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
(c) The emperor's concubine.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
5. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) Her illness.
(c) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ustinja?
2. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
3. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
4. How does Tolstoy say Alyosha accepts the fact that he cannot go to school?
5. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)