|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
(a) Pain in his joints and neck.
(b) A strange taste in his mouth.
(d) Hearing loss.
2. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(a) Self-destructive behavior.
3. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(b) Her illness.
(c) His finances.
(d) Her pregnancy.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
5. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Begin to gamble.
(b) Begin to drink.
(c) Buy expensive clothes.
(d) Start having affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
3. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
4. What does Eugene Irtenev become restless for when he moves to the Semenov estate?
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)