|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(b) Head over heels in love.
(c) Indifferent to each other.
2. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As an afterthought.
(b) As a mother.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As a goddess.
3. What is it called when Vasili dies protecting Nikita?
(c) Dramatic irony.
4. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
5. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
(a) To clean the house.
(b) To nurse her baby.
(c) To weave tapestries.
(d) To teach the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
2. What does Murad hope for, from the person he is trying to reach?
3. Why is Alyosha ridiculed?
4. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
5. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)