|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
(a) Muslim Tartars.
(c) Grebensk Cossacks.
2. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 3,500 rubles a year.
(b) 1,500 rubles a year.
(c) 5,000 rubles a year.
(d) 2,000 rubles a year.
3. What town do the Russians ultimately destroy?
(a) All the Chechen border towns.
(b) Shamil's hometown.
(c) Murad's hometown.
(d) Shamil's stronghold.
4. What does Eugene Irtenev become restless for when he moves to the Semenov estate?
(a) Horse racing.
5. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(b) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(c) He applies for a pension and retires.
(d) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
4. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)