|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eugene Irtenev live?
(b) The Caucasus.
(d) The country.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
3. How does Tolstoy say Alyosha accepts the fact that he cannot go to school?
(a) With a shrug.
(b) With exasperation.
(c) With determination to educate himself.
(d) With resentment.
4. What does Murad hope for, from the person he is trying to reach?
(a) A large force.
(d) Safe passage.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Content and happy.
(b) Anxious and depressed.
(c) Proud and apprehensive.
(d) Miserable and filled with dread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murad ultimately plan to do?
2. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
3. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
4. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
5. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)