|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) Escape from his wife.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) His daughter.
2. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
(a) She refuses him.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She pleads with him to let her marry Lukashka.
(d) She tells him he is foolish.
3. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
(a) To nurse her child.
(b) To bear children.
(c) To take a lover.
(d) To take care of Pozdnyshev.
4. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
(c) She tells him it is his, but he finds out it is not.
(d) He is not sure.
5. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
(a) As a sweet kind of teamwork.
(b) As a heavy burden.
(c) As a transcendent pleasure.
(d) As a justification for misery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
2. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
3. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
4. How often does Eugene Irtenev meet Stepanida?
5. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)