|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alyosha called 'the Pot'?
(a) Because he was kept in a pot for a cradle.
(b) Because he once dropped a pot and spilled milk.
(c) Because he was always looking for the honey pot.
(d) Because he got his head stuck in a pot once.
2. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
(b) He returns to his hometown.
(c) He and his wife resume fighting.
(d) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
3. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
(a) He was sent to Europe for education.
(b) He was kept at home to be educated.
(c) He was enrolled in military school.
(d) He was sent to a tutor in Moscow.
4. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(b) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(c) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(d) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
5. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
(c) People from the Semenov estate.
(d) Vasili's servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
2. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
3. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
5. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)