|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Turk.
(b) A Chechen.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Russian.
2. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(b) Ivan Ilych's lover.
(c) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(d) Ivan Ilych's mother.
3. How does Nikita treat Mukhorty?
(a) As a family member.
(b) As a low criminal.
(c) As a beast of burden.
(d) As a pet.
4. Who is Mukhorty?
(a) Vasili's horse.
(b) Vasili's servant.
(c) Vasili's priest.
(d) Vasili's neighbor.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Miserable and filled with dread.
(b) Anxious and depressed.
(c) Proud and apprehensive.
(d) Content and happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
2. Who is Hadji Murad?
3. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
4. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
5. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)