|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Semenov estate?
(a) The estate where Eugene Irtenev's wife lives.
(b) The estate where Eugene Irtenev is a lawyer.
(c) Eugene Irtenev's family's estate.
(d) The estate where Eugene Irtenev is a doctor.
2. Why does Marya's depression return?
(a) Her mother dies.
(c) Her brother comes to visit.
(d) Sergey leave for a trip.
3. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of Lukashka.
(b) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(c) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(d) Fear of wild boars.
4. Who is Hadji Murad?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(b) A Turkish fighter.
(c) A Chechen fighter.
(d) A Russian prince.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(b) Shrewd and attentive.
(c) Hard-working and content.
(d) Catatonic and silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
2. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
3. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
4. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
5. Where is Murad fleeing to?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)