|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Begin to gamble.
(b) Buy expensive clothes.
(c) Begin to drink.
(d) Start having affairs.
3. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
4. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
(a) She was ill and suffering.
(b) Desire for her money.
(c) He caught her cheating on him.
(d) A jealous rage.
5. What does Murad ultimately plan to do?
(a) Repatriate in Russia.
(b) Make money and get famous.
(c) Establish Russian rule over Chechnya.
(d) Attack Shamil's stronghold and eliminate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
2. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
3. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
5. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)