|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Novomlinsk?
(a) Muslim Tartars.
(b) The Russian military outpost.
(c) The center of the Grebensk Cossack settlement.
(d) The Turkish trading post.
2. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As a goddess.
(c) As an afterthought.
(d) As a nuisance.
3. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(c) Katherine the Great.
(d) Original Russian migrants.
4. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her illness.
(d) His finances.
5. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of wild boars.
(b) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(c) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(d) Fear of Lukashka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Murad stay while he is in flight?
2. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
3. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
4. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
5. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)