|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) He ceases to sleep.
(b) His teeth fall out.
(c) He falls on the way to the toilet.
(d) He falls out of bed.
2. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(b) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(c) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(d) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
3. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
(a) Fight the Russians.
(b) Gather men to fight Shamil.
(c) Emigrate to America.
(d) Surrender to the Russians.
4. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
(b) The emperor's concubine.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
(d) A general's wife.
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his and his wife's courtship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Novomlinsk?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
3. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
4. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
5. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)