|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) Coarse locals.
(b) Dull routine at a military outpost.
(c) A complex culture.
(d) Bloody warfare.
2. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
3. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(b) Carry on his affairs.
(c) Remain faithful.
(d) Kill his wife.
4. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her dark sense of humor.
(b) Her ignorance of French literature.
(c) Her coquettish nature.
(d) Her housekeeping.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Indifferent to each other.
(b) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Head over heels in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
2. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
3. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
4. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
5. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)