|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
(a) Move to the city.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Move to the country.
(d) Cut off his finger.
2. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As a provincial magistrate.
(b) As a foot soldier.
(c) As a clerk.
(d) As an intern.
3. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
4. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
(a) An adviser to the Tsar.
(b) Marya Dmitrievna.
(c) Prince Vorontsov.
(d) The Tsar.
5. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 2,500 rubles.
(b) 1,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 3,500 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
2. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
3. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
4. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)