|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
(a) In her house.
(b) In his apartments.
(c) In the grasses.
(d) In an inn.
2. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It incenses her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It has no affect on her.
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became peaceful.
(b) He became religious.
(c) He became irritable.
(d) He became angry.
4. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A bureaucrat.
(c) A shop keeper.
(d) A military cadet.
5. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) The she will not be able to live without him.
(c) That he cannot live without her.
(d) That he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
2. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
3. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
4. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
5. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)