|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Murad fleeing to?
(b) The Caucasus.
(d) The Russian fort at Vozvizhensk.
2. How long did Nikita live after Vasili died?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. Who is Katya?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A milliner.
(c) A shop girl.
(d) A governess.
4. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(b) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(c) He applies for a pension and retires.
(d) He still works, but it exhausts him.
5. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
(a) He was sent to a tutor in Moscow.
(b) He was sent to Europe for education.
(c) He was enrolled in military school.
(d) He was kept at home to be educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
2. Who is Vanyusha?
3. What is the significance of the Terek River?
4. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
5. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)