|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shamil?
(a) A Russian general.
(b) A Turkish soldier.
(c) A Chechen fighter.
(d) The Chechen leader.
2. What makes Murad suspicious when he reaches his destination?
(a) A cold reception.
(b) Some of Shamil's men.
(c) Armed men.
(d) A large reception.
3. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
(a) She was ill and suffering.
(b) He caught her cheating on him.
(c) Desire for her money.
(d) A jealous rage.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
5. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(b) Arguing law cases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
2. What is the significance of the Terek River?
3. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
4. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
5. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)