|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Anxious and depressed.
(b) Miserable and filled with dread.
(c) Proud and apprehensive.
(d) Content and happy.
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became peaceful.
(b) He became angry.
(c) He became irritable.
(d) He became religious.
3. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) Bloody warfare.
(b) A complex culture.
(c) Coarse locals.
(d) Dull routine at a military outpost.
4. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
5. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of wild boars.
(b) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(c) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(d) Fear of Lukashka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
2. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
3. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
4. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)