|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
(a) A priest.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A wealthy innkeeper.
2. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(b) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(c) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(d) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
3. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) The she will not be able to live without him.
(b) That he hates her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he cannot live without her.
4. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
(a) She tells him he is foolish.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She pleads with him to let her marry Lukashka.
(d) She refuses him.
5. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) The perfect woman.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Escape from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
2. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
3. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
4. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
5. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)