|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of wild boars.
(b) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(c) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(d) Fear of Lukashka.
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became angry.
(b) He became peaceful.
(c) He became religious.
(d) He became irritable.
3. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her brother's illness.
(b) Her father's drunkenness.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her husband's death.
4. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As a mother.
(c) As an afterthought.
(d) As a goddess.
5. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
(a) Someone with a title.
(c) Liza Annenskaya.
(d) Someone with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
2. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
3. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
4. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
5. How much money did Vasili borrow?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)