|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a goddess.
(b) As a mother.
(c) As an afterthought.
(d) As a nuisance.
2. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her sister and a family friend.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
3. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) A complex culture.
(b) Dull routine at a military outpost.
(c) Coarse locals.
(d) Bloody warfare.
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
5. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
(a) She pleads with him to let her marry Lukashka.
(b) She tells him he is foolish.
(c) She refuses him.
(d) She agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
2. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
3. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
5. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)