|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(c) Self-destructive behavior.
2. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
3. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(b) Remain faithful.
(c) Carry on his affairs.
(d) Kill his wife.
4. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) In August.
(b) In May.
(c) Over the summer.
(d) In the winter.
5. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(c) Her illness.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the travelers finally decide to stop?
2. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
3. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
4. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)