|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) Corrupt desire.
(b) Red-blooded need for sex.
(c) The dehumanizing desire.
(d) The shameful decision.
2. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It rejuvenates her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It has no affect on her.
(d) It incenses her.
3. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
4. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
(a) She cries openly.
(b) She comes with him.
(c) She watches him from a prominent place where he can see her.
(d) She does not look at him.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Devote himself to his wife.
(b) Begin to drink.
(c) Consume himself with work.
(d) Separate himself from the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
2. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
3. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
4. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
5. How does Tolstoy say Liza Annenskaya acts on her jealousy?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)