|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(b) Indifferent to each other.
(d) Head over heels in love.
3. When do the travelers finally decide to stop?
(a) When the sled breaks.
(b) When they lose their way again.
(c) When they get stuck in a ravine.
(d) When Mukhorty is injured.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(b) Jealous rages.
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By playing piano.
(b) By having affairs.
(c) By singing.
(d) By gossiping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
2. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
3. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
4. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)