|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) One year.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
2. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Begin to drink.
(b) Separate himself from the house.
(c) Consume himself with work.
(d) Devote himself to his wife.
3. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As a provincial magistrate.
(b) As an intern.
(c) As a clerk.
(d) As a foot soldier.
4. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(a) Provincial director.
(b) Assistant public prosecutor.
5. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) A heroic future.
(b) Freedom from persecution.
(c) A life of ease.
(d) Escape from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
3. Why is it urgent for Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty to reach their destination in the snow storm?
4. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
5. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)