|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became peaceful.
(b) He became irritable.
(c) He became religious.
(d) He became angry.
2. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
3. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(b) A peasant.
(c) Marya's brother.
(d) A friend of Marya's father's.
4. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 3,500 rubles a year.
(b) 2,000 rubles a year.
(c) 1,500 rubles a year.
(d) 5,000 rubles a year.
5. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
(a) Work the jail.
(b) Represent clients in the courts.
(c) Root out corruption.
(d) Implement new laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the travelers directions?
2. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
3. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
4. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
5. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)