|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
(a) The continual work and sacrifice.
(b) The new importance of self-sacrifice.
(c) The absence of work and sacrifice.
(d) The loss of privacy and self-possession.
2. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) The shameful decision.
(b) Corrupt desire.
(c) The dehumanizing desire.
(d) Red-blooded need for sex.
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When he sees her baking bread.
(b) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(c) When he moves in with her family.
(d) At Beletsky's party.
4. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(c) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(d) Ivan Ilych's lover.
5. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
(a) The church till.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His servant.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Novomlinsk?
2. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
3. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
4. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
5. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)