|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty traveling to?
(b) The Semenov estate.
2. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
(b) She tells him it is his, but he finds out it is not.
(d) He is not sure.
3. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(b) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(c) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(d) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
4. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(b) Her illness and depression.
(c) A jealous rage.
(d) Her suicide attempt.
5. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
2. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
3. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
4. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
5. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)