|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A printer.
(d) A minister.
2. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(c) Provincial director.
(d) Assistant public prosecutor.
3. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
(a) She was having fits.
(b) She tripped crossing a ditch.
(c) She was taken ill.
(d) She was having complications of her pregnancy.
4. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As equals.
(b) As warriors.
(c) As beasts of burden.
(d) As goddesses.
5. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
(c) Muslim Tartars.
(d) Grebensk Cossacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vasili decide to do when they have lost the road?
2. Where does Eugene Irtenev live?
3. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
4. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
5. How does Nikita treat Mukhorty?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)