|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eugene Irtenev move to the Semenov estate?
(a) To see to some repairs.
(b) To intervene in a conflict with the tenants.
(c) To care for his mother.
(d) To implement new laws.
2. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That he cannot live without her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) The she will not be able to live without him.
3. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
(a) Katherine the Great.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) Original Russian migrants.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(c) Jealous rages.
5. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
(c) Warmly affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vanyusha?
2. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
3. What is it called when Vasili dies protecting Nikita?
4. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)