|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her brother's illness.
(d) Her father's drunkenness.
2. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's servant.
(b) Dmitri's brother.
(c) Dmitri's father.
(d) Dmitri's commanding officer.
3. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
(a) A business trip.
(b) Catching his wife and Trukhachevsky in the act.
(c) He read his wife's letters.
(d) One of Trukhachevsky's enemies told him about Trukhachevsky's affair with his wife.
4. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A minister.
(d) A printer.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
2. To whom does Eugene Irtenev confide his lustful thoughts about Stepanida?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
4. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
5. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)