|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nikita?
(a) Vasili's priest.
(b) Vasili's horse.
(c) Vasili's servant.
(d) Vasili's neighbor.
2. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 5,000 rubles.
(b) 2,500 rubles.
(c) 3,500 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
3. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Begin to gamble.
(b) Buy expensive clothes.
(c) Begin to drink.
(d) Start having affairs.
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(a) Self-destructive behavior.
5. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
(a) A bureaucrat.
(b) A law school graduate.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
2. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
4. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
5. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)