|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Master and Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(b) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(c) He applies for a pension and retires.
(d) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
2. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
(a) She was taken ill.
(b) She was having fits.
(c) She was having complications of her pregnancy.
(d) She tripped crossing a ditch.
3. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) Coarse locals.
(b) A complex culture.
(c) Dull routine at a military outpost.
(d) Bloody warfare.
4. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A semi-professional musician.
(b) A young neighbor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A soldier.
5. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(b) Assistant public prosecutor.
(d) Provincial director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
2. Who gives the travelers directions?
3. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
5. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)