|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became angry.
(b) He became religious.
(c) He became peaceful.
(d) He became irritable.
2. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
(a) He is not sure.
(c) She tells him it is his, but he finds out it is not.
3. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) The dehumanizing desire.
(b) Corrupt desire.
(c) The shameful decision.
(d) Red-blooded need for sex.
4. How often does Eugene Irtenev meet Stepanida?
(a) Every night.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day.
5. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
(a) The birth of a daughter.
(b) He inherited his father's estate.
(c) A miscarriage.
(d) He lost his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
2. To whom does Eugene Irtenev confide his lustful thoughts about Stepanida?
3. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
4. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
5. Why does Marya's depression return?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)