|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
(a) His wife is pretty and flirtatious, and his superiors like to have her around.
(b) His wife keeps his wayward traits in line.
(c) His wife's family has powerful connections.
(d) His wife works behind the scenes to help him.
2. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
(a) The birth of a daughter.
(b) A miscarriage.
(c) He lost his health.
(d) He inherited his father's estate.
3. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As a goddess.
(c) As a mother.
(d) As an afterthought.
4. Who is Katya?
(a) A shop girl.
(b) A governess.
(c) A milliner.
(d) A seamstress.
5. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) Her illness.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
2. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
3. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
4. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)