|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
(a) Muslim Tartars.
(d) Grebensk Cossacks.
2. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) He falls on the way to the toilet.
(b) He ceases to sleep.
(c) His teeth fall out.
(d) He falls out of bed.
3. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(b) Mutual trust.
(c) Commercial interdependence.
(d) Annihilating hatred.
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(c) Self-destructive behavior.
5. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
(a) Eugene Irtenev's commanding officer.
(b) Liza Annenskaya.
(c) Eugene Irtenev's minister.
(d) Old Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Novomlinsk?
2. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
3. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
4. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
5. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)