|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) His teeth fall out.
(b) He ceases to sleep.
(c) He falls out of bed.
(d) He falls on the way to the toilet.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Catatonic and silent.
(b) Shrewd and attentive.
(c) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(d) Hard-working and content.
3. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Russian.
(b) A Tartar.
(c) A Turk.
(d) A Chechen.
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(c) Self-destructive behavior.
5. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) The she will not be able to live without him.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he cannot live without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
2. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
3. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
4. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
5. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)