|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A printer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A minister.
2. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
3. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) Over the summer.
(b) In August.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In May.
4. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
(a) A strange taste in his mouth.
(c) Pain in his joints and neck.
(d) Hearing loss.
5. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 2,500 rubles.
(b) 1,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 3,500 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
2. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
3. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
4. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
5. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)