|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became angry.
(b) He became irritable.
(c) He became religious.
(d) He became peaceful.
2. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
3. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) Greater depression.
(b) A sharp impatience.
(c) A deeper religious sense.
(d) A new kind of happiness.
4. How often does Eugene Irtenev meet Stepanida?
(b) Every night.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day.
5. How does Tolstoy say Liza Annenskaya acts on her jealousy?
(a) She becomes depressed.
(b) She has affairs of her own.
(c) She flies into rages.
(d) She controls it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
2. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
3. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
4. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
5. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)