|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(d) Jealous rages.
2. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 3,500 rubles a year.
(b) 2,000 rubles a year.
(c) 1,500 rubles a year.
(d) 5,000 rubles a year.
3. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
(a) Someone with money.
(b) Liza Annenskaya.
(c) Someone with a title.
4. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister and a family friend.
(d) Her husband.
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her suicide attempt.
(b) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(c) A jealous rage.
(d) Her illness and depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
2. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
3. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)