|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
(a) Eugene Irtenev's commanding officer.
(b) Eugene Irtenev's minister.
(c) Liza Annenskaya.
(d) Old Daniel.
2. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His impassive good manners.
(b) His outgoing personality.
(c) His brooding moods.
(d) His recklessness with money.
3. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
(a) Lawless mountain people.
(c) Christian Cossacks.
4. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her brother's illness.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her father's drunkenness.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(b) Shrewd and attentive.
(c) Hard-working and content.
(d) Catatonic and silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
2. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
3. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
4. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
5. How does Tolstoy say Liza Annenskaya acts on her jealousy?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)