|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katya?
(a) A shop girl.
(b) A governess.
(c) A milliner.
(d) A seamstress.
2. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(b) When he moves in with her family.
(c) When he sees her baking bread.
(d) At Beletsky's party.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Head over heels in love.
(d) Indifferent to each other.
5. How does Tolstoy say Liza Annenskaya acts on her jealousy?
(a) She becomes depressed.
(b) She has affairs of her own.
(c) She flies into rages.
(d) She controls it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
2. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
3. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
4. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
5. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)