|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eugene Irtenev live?
(b) The Caucasus.
(d) The country.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Indifferent to each other.
(d) Head over heels in love.
3. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) A complex culture.
(b) Coarse locals.
(c) Dull routine at a military outpost.
(d) Bloody warfare.
4. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 2,500 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
5. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(a) Mutual trust.
(c) Annihilating hatred.
(d) Commercial interdependence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
2. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
3. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
4. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
5. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)