|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
(a) The birth of a daughter.
(b) He inherited his father's estate.
(c) He lost his health.
(d) A miscarriage.
2. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A minister.
(b) A printer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To look for adventure.
(b) For a business deal.
(c) To escape from his debts.
(d) To serve the Tsar.
4. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As a goddess.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As an afterthought.
5. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
(a) The absence of work and sacrifice.
(b) The continual work and sacrifice.
(c) The loss of privacy and self-possession.
(d) The new importance of self-sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
3. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
4. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
5. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)