|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
(b) Katherine the Great.
(c) Original Russian migrants.
(d) Alexander the Great.
2. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of art.
(b) A life of struggle.
(c) A life of troubles.
(d) A life of ease.
3. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) A friend of Marya's father's.
(b) A peasant.
(c) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(d) Marya's brother.
4. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
(a) Old Daniel.
(b) Eugene Irtenev's minister.
(c) Eugene Irtenev's commanding officer.
(d) Liza Annenskaya.
5. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
2. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
3. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
4. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
5. What is the significance of the Terek River?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)