|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
(a) His wife is pretty and flirtatious, and his superiors like to have her around.
(b) His wife's family has powerful connections.
(c) His wife keeps his wayward traits in line.
(d) His wife works behind the scenes to help him.
2. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
(a) He is grateful for all his opportunities.
(b) He is revolted.
(c) He forgives himself.
(d) He decides he would not do anything differently.
3. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
(a) Work the jail.
(b) Root out corruption.
(c) Represent clients in the courts.
(d) Implement new laws.
4. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A law school graduate.
(c) A bureaucrat.
(d) A doctor.
5. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 2,500 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
2. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
4. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)