|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) A peasant.
(b) Marya's brother.
(c) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(d) A friend of Marya's father's.
2. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 2,500 rubles.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They declare a truce.
(b) They separate.
(c) They resume hostilities.
(d) They fall out of love.
4. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
5. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her sister and a family friend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
3. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
4. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)