|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
2. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A minister.
(b) A printer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
3. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
(a) Old Daniel.
(b) Eugene Irtenev's minister.
(c) Eugene Irtenev's commanding officer.
(d) Liza Annenskaya.
4. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her illness and depression.
(b) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(c) Her suicide attempt.
(d) A jealous rage.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Catatonic and silent.
(b) Hard-working and content.
(c) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(d) Shrewd and attentive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
2. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
3. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
4. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)