|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) The shameful decision.
(b) Red-blooded need for sex.
(c) The dehumanizing desire.
(d) Corrupt desire.
2. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
3. Why does Eugene Irtenev move to the Semenov estate?
(a) To implement new laws.
(b) To care for his mother.
(c) To intervene in a conflict with the tenants.
(d) To see to some repairs.
4. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
5. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(b) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(c) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(d) He applies for a pension and retires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Eugene Irtenev to Stepanida?
2. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
3. Who is Vanyusha?
4. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)