|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A deeper religious sense.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) Greater depression.
2. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A shop keeper.
(c) A military cadet.
(d) A bureaucrat.
3. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(c) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(d) Ivan Ilych's lover.
4. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
5. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) His teeth fall out.
(b) He ceases to sleep.
(c) He falls on the way to the toilet.
(d) He falls out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya's depression return?
2. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
3. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
4. Who is Katya?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)