|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 2,500 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
2. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of wild boars.
(b) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(c) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(d) Fear of Lukashka.
3. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her coquettish nature.
(b) Her dark sense of humor.
(c) Her housekeeping.
(d) Her ignorance of French literature.
4. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(c) Ivan Ilych's lover.
(d) Ivan Ilych's sister.
5. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As a clerk.
(b) As an intern.
(c) As a foot soldier.
(d) As a provincial magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
2. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
3. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
4. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
5. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)