|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
2. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) Coarse locals.
(b) Bloody warfare.
(c) A complex culture.
(d) Dull routine at a military outpost.
3. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) Marya's brother.
(b) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A friend of Marya's father's.
4. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) He and his wife resume fighting.
(b) He returns to his hometown.
(c) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
(d) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
5. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) A life of ease.
(b) A heroic future.
(c) Freedom from persecution.
(d) Escape from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
2. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
4. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
5. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)