|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(b) Jealous rages.
2. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her coquettish nature.
(b) Her housekeeping.
(c) Her dark sense of humor.
(d) Her ignorance of French literature.
3. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
(a) It makes her rhapsodic.
(b) It makes her oblivious.
(c) It makes her vulnerable.
(d) It makes her curious.
4. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As an afterthought.
(c) As a goddess.
(d) As a mother.
5. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Buy expensive clothes.
(b) Begin to drink.
(c) Begin to gamble.
(d) Start having affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
2. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
3. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
5. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)