|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
(a) That they are flawed.
(b) That they each depend on the other.
(c) That they are perfect.
(d) That they are independent.
2. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(a) Assistant public prosecutor.
(d) Provincial director.
3. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) A complex culture.
(b) Coarse locals.
(c) Bloody warfare.
(d) Dull routine at a military outpost.
4. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(b) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(c) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(d) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
5. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It saps her.
(b) It has no affect on her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It incenses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
2. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
5. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)