|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Twelve years.
2. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
3. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As an afterthought.
(b) As a goddess.
(c) As a mother.
(d) As a nuisance.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(d) Jealous rages.
5. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
(a) She tells him he is foolish.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She refuses him.
(d) She pleads with him to let her marry Lukashka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
2. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
3. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
4. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)