|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
(b) Lawless mountain people.
(d) Christian Cossacks.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Shrewd and attentive.
(b) Hard-working and content.
(c) Catatonic and silent.
(d) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
3. Why does Marya's depression return?
(a) Her mother dies.
(b) Sergey leave for a trip.
(d) Her brother comes to visit.
4. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
(a) Root out corruption.
(b) Work the jail.
(c) Represent clients in the courts.
(d) Implement new laws.
5. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(b) Dmitri's father.
(c) Dmitri's servant.
(d) Dmitri's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
2. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
3. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
4. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
5. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)