|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
(a) She watches him from a prominent place where he can see her.
(b) She cries openly.
(c) She does not look at him.
(d) She comes with him.
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became religious.
(b) He became peaceful.
(c) He became irritable.
(d) He became angry.
3. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His recklessness with money.
(b) His brooding moods.
(c) His outgoing personality.
(d) His impassive good manners.
4. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Turk.
(b) A Tartar.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A Chechen.
5. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 2,500 rubles.
(c) 3,500 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
2. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
3. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
4. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
5. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)