|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
(a) Represent clients in the courts.
(b) Implement new laws.
(c) Root out corruption.
(d) Work the jail.
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A sharp impatience.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) A deeper religious sense.
(d) Greater depression.
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(b) At Beletsky's party.
(c) When he moves in with her family.
(d) When he sees her baking bread.
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
5. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(c) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(d) Ivan Ilych's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
2. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
3. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
4. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)