|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(a) Mutual trust.
(c) Annihilating hatred.
(d) Commercial interdependence.
2. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of troubles.
(b) A life of art.
(c) A life of ease.
(d) A life of struggle.
3. Who is Katya?
(a) A milliner.
(b) A governess.
(c) A shop girl.
(d) A seamstress.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(d) Jealous rages.
5. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he cannot live without her.
(b) The she will not be able to live without him.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
2. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
3. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
4. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
5. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)