|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(b) A peasant.
(c) Marya's brother.
(d) A friend of Marya's father's.
2. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Begin to drink.
(b) Separate himself from the house.
(c) Devote himself to his wife.
(d) Consume himself with work.
3. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
(a) Planting crops.
(b) International politics.
(c) New technology.
(d) The plight of workers.
4. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
5. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As goddesses.
(b) As equals.
(c) As warriors.
(d) As beasts of burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
2. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
3. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
4. Who is Vanyusha?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)