|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(b) Assistant public prosecutor.
(c) Provincial director.
2. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
3. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 3,500 rubles a year.
(b) 5,000 rubles a year.
(c) 2,000 rubles a year.
(d) 1,500 rubles a year.
4. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) In August.
(b) Over the summer.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In May.
5. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her husband's death.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her brother's illness.
(d) Her father's drunkenness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
2. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
3. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
5. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)