|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(b) He applies for a pension and retires.
(c) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(d) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
2. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(c) Provincial director.
(d) Assistant public prosecutor.
3. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her sister and a family friend.
(d) Her husband.
4. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She refuses him.
(c) She pleads with him to let her marry Lukashka.
(d) She tells him he is foolish.
5. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) Temporary relief.
(b) They exacerbate the depression.
(c) They make her genuinely ill.
(d) Complete relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
2. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
5. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)