|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her illness.
(d) His finances.
2. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(b) Fear of Lukashka.
(c) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(d) Fear of wild boars.
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became peaceful.
(b) He became angry.
(c) He became irritable.
(d) He became religious.
4. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To look for adventure.
(b) For a business deal.
(c) To escape from his debts.
(d) To serve the Tsar.
5. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
3. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
4. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
5. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)