|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's servant.
(b) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(c) Dmitri's brother.
(d) Dmitri's father.
2. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 2,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
3. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(b) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(c) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(d) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Hard-working and content.
(b) Catatonic and silent.
(c) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(d) Shrewd and attentive.
5. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
(a) The new importance of self-sacrifice.
(b) The loss of privacy and self-possession.
(c) The absence of work and sacrifice.
(d) The continual work and sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
2. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
3. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
4. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
5. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)