|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They separate.
(b) They declare a truce.
(c) They fall out of love.
(d) They resume hostilities.
2. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) He falls on the way to the toilet.
(b) He ceases to sleep.
(c) His teeth fall out.
(d) He falls out of bed.
3. Why does Marya's depression return?
(a) Sergey leave for a trip.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) Her brother comes to visit.
4. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His brooding moods.
(d) His recklessness with money.
5. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
(b) Lawless mountain people.
(c) Christian Cossacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
3. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
4. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)