|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) They exacerbate the depression.
(b) They make her genuinely ill.
(c) Complete relief.
(d) Temporary relief.
2. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) He ceases to sleep.
(b) His teeth fall out.
(c) He falls out of bed.
(d) He falls on the way to the toilet.
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(a) Jealous rages.
4. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her husband's death.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her father's drunkenness.
(d) Her brother's illness.
5. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Chechen.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
2. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
3. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
4. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
5. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)