|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her suicide attempt.
(b) Her illness and depression.
(c) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(d) A jealous rage.
2. What is in Novomlinsk?
(a) The center of the Grebensk Cossack settlement.
(b) Muslim Tartars.
(c) The Russian military outpost.
(d) The Turkish trading post.
3. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A deeper religious sense.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) Greater depression.
4. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
2. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
3. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
5. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)