|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As an afterthought.
(c) As a goddess.
(d) As a mother.
2. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
(a) Work the jail.
(b) Root out corruption.
(c) Represent clients in the courts.
(d) Implement new laws.
3. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
(a) Hearing loss.
(b) A strange taste in his mouth.
(c) Pain in his joints and neck.
4. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) His teeth fall out.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He falls on the way to the toilet.
(d) He ceases to sleep.
5. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Start having affairs.
(b) Buy expensive clothes.
(c) Begin to gamble.
(d) Begin to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
2. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
3. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
4. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)