|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Proud and apprehensive.
(b) Anxious and depressed.
(c) Miserable and filled with dread.
(d) Content and happy.
2. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her sister and a family friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
4. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) Greater depression.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) A deeper religious sense.
5. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
(a) The plight of workers.
(b) International politics.
(c) Planting crops.
(d) New technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
2. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
4. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
5. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)