|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's servant.
(b) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(c) Dmitri's father.
(d) Dmitri's brother.
2. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As warriors.
(b) As goddesses.
(c) As beasts of burden.
(d) As equals.
3. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her illness and depression.
(b) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(c) Her suicide attempt.
(d) A jealous rage.
4. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
5. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
2. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
3. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
4. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
5. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)