|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
2. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(b) Annihilating hatred.
(c) Commercial interdependence.
(d) Mutual trust.
3. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His recklessness with money.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His outgoing personality.
(d) His brooding moods.
4. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) They exacerbate the depression.
(b) Temporary relief.
(c) They make her genuinely ill.
(d) Complete relief.
5. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) Escape from his wife.
(b) The perfect woman.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vanyusha?
2. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
3. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
4. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
5. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)