|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(b) Mutual trust.
(c) Commercial interdependence.
(d) Annihilating hatred.
2. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His recklessness with money.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His brooding moods.
(d) His outgoing personality.
3. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) His finances.
(c) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(d) Her illness.
4. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Tartar.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A Chechen.
5. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(b) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(c) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(d) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
2. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
3. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
4. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
5. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)