|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When he moves in with her family.
(b) At Beletsky's party.
(c) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(d) When he sees her baking bread.
2. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Indifferent to each other.
(d) Head over heels in love.
3. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
(a) It makes her rhapsodic.
(b) It makes her vulnerable.
(c) It makes her oblivious.
(d) It makes her curious.
4. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her coquettish nature.
(b) Her housekeeping.
(c) Her dark sense of humor.
(d) Her ignorance of French literature.
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(b) A jealous rage.
(c) Her illness and depression.
(d) Her suicide attempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
2. What is in Novomlinsk?
3. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
4. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)