|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As a mother.
(c) As an afterthought.
(d) As a goddess.
2. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Chechen.
(b) A Russian.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Christian.
3. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
(a) That they are perfect.
(b) That they are independent.
(c) That they are flawed.
(d) That they each depend on the other.
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(d) Self-destructive behavior.
5. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister and a family friend.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
2. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
3. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
4. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
5. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)