|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As warriors.
(b) As beasts of burden.
(c) As goddesses.
(d) As equals.
2. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) His finances.
3. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
4. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her coquettish nature.
(b) Her ignorance of French literature.
(c) Her dark sense of humor.
(d) Her housekeeping.
5. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A new kind of happiness.
(b) A deeper religious sense.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) Greater depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
2. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
3. Who is Katya?
4. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
5. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)