|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A military cadet.
(c) A shop keeper.
(d) A bureaucrat.
2. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It has no affect on her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It incenses her.
3. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her sister and a family friend.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her mother.
4. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
(a) It makes her rhapsodic.
(b) It makes her curious.
(c) It makes her oblivious.
(d) It makes her vulnerable.
5. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(b) Fear of Lukashka.
(c) Fear of wild boars.
(d) Fear of a Tartar attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
2. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
3. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
4. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
5. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)