|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) Complete relief.
(b) They make her genuinely ill.
(c) They exacerbate the depression.
(d) Temporary relief.
2. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To escape from his debts.
(b) For a business deal.
(c) To serve the Tsar.
(d) To look for adventure.
3. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of troubles.
(b) A life of ease.
(c) A life of struggle.
(d) A life of art.
4. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
5. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
2. Who is Vanyusha?
3. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
4. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
5. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)