|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
2. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To look for adventure.
(b) To serve the Tsar.
(c) To escape from his debts.
(d) For a business deal.
3. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(a) Annihilating hatred.
(b) Commercial interdependence.
(c) Mutual trust.
4. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) Greater depression.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) A deeper religious sense.
(d) A sharp impatience.
5. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
(a) Coarse locals.
(b) A complex culture.
(c) Dull routine at a military outpost.
(d) Bloody warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the Terek River?
2. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
3. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
4. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
5. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)