|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
(a) She tells him he is foolish.
(b) She refuses him.
(c) She pleads with him to let her marry Lukashka.
(d) She agrees.
2. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(c) Self-destructive behavior.
3. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Chechen.
(b) A Russian.
(c) A Turk.
(d) A Tartar.
4. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her sister and a family friend.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) A heroic future.
(b) Freedom from persecution.
(c) Escape from prison.
(d) A life of ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
2. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
3. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
4. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
5. Who is Vanyusha?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)