|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cossacks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) For a business deal.
(b) To serve the Tsar.
(c) To look for adventure.
(d) To escape from his debts.
2. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) Marya's brother.
(b) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(c) A friend of Marya's father's.
(d) A peasant.
3. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A sharp impatience.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) Greater depression.
(d) A deeper religious sense.
4. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) A heroic future.
(b) Escape from prison.
(c) Freedom from persecution.
(d) A life of ease.
5. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
2. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
3. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
4. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
5. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)