|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(b) He applies for a pension and retires.
(c) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(d) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
2. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) Escape from prison.
(b) Freedom from persecution.
(c) A life of ease.
(d) A heroic future.
3. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A minister.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A printer.
4. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) Marya's brother.
(b) A peasant.
(c) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(d) A friend of Marya's father's.
5. Who is Nikita?
(a) Vasili's horse.
(b) Vasili's servant.
(c) Vasili's neighbor.
(d) Vasili's priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
2. Why does Eugene Irtenev move to the Semenov estate?
3. What does Murad ultimately plan to do?
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
5. What is the significance of the Terek River?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)