|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
2. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He asked to be sent.
(b) He followed a woman there.
(c) He was arrested for vagrancy.
(d) He was arrested for treason.
3. What is in Novomlinsk?
(a) The Russian military outpost.
(b) The Turkish trading post.
(c) Muslim Tartars.
(d) The center of the Grebensk Cossack settlement.
4. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By singing.
(b) By having affairs.
(c) By playing piano.
(d) By gossiping.
5. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
(a) A minister.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A printer.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
2. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
3. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
4. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
5. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)