|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her brother's illness.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her husband's death.
(d) Her father's drunkenness.
2. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
(a) To clean the house.
(b) To teach the child.
(c) To weave tapestries.
(d) To nurse her baby.
3. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
(a) The church till.
(b) His servant.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His parents.
4. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They separate.
(b) They fall out of love.
(c) They declare a truce.
(d) They resume hostilities.
5. Who is Murad hoping to reach at his destination?
(a) Marya Dmitrievna.
(b) Shamil's general.
(c) Prince Vorontsov.
(d) Emperor Nicholas I.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Vasili borrow?
2. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
3. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
4. Why has Shamil ordered Murad's family to be arrested?
5. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)