|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
(b) Someone with a title.
(c) Someone with money.
(d) Liza Annenskaya.
2. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
(a) He was sent to a tutor in Moscow.
(b) He was enrolled in military school.
(c) He was kept at home to be educated.
(d) He was sent to Europe for education.
3. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By gossiping.
(b) By having affairs.
(c) By singing.
(d) By playing piano.
4. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
(a) In her house.
(b) In the grasses.
(c) In his apartments.
(d) In an inn.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Anxious and depressed.
(b) Content and happy.
(c) Miserable and filled with dread.
(d) Proud and apprehensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
2. Who is Murad hoping to reach at his destination?
3. Who is Mukhorty?
4. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
5. How often does Eugene Irtenev meet Stepanida?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)