|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(b) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Indifferent to each other.
(d) Head over heels in love.
2. How did Murad die?
(a) He was shot in an ambush.
(b) He was betrayed by his own men.
(c) He was assassinated by Shamil's men.
(d) He was killed in battle.
3. Who is Mukhorty?
(a) Vasili's servant.
(b) Vasili's horse.
(c) Vasili's priest.
(d) Vasili's neighbor.
4. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Remain faithful.
(b) Carry on his affairs.
(c) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(d) Kill his wife.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Anxious and depressed.
(b) Miserable and filled with dread.
(c) Content and happy.
(d) Proud and apprehensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
2. What makes Murad suspicious when he reaches his destination?
3. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
4. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
5. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)