|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
(a) Nikita's wife.
(b) A landowner.
(c) An innkeeper.
(d) As fellow traveler.
2. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(b) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(c) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(d) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
3. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
(a) Fight the Russians.
(b) Surrender to the Russians.
(c) Emigrate to America.
(d) Gather men to fight Shamil.
4. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
(a) She watches him from a prominent place where he can see her.
(b) She cries openly.
(c) She comes with him.
(d) She does not look at him.
5. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
(b) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
(c) He returns to his hometown.
(d) He and his wife resume fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
2. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
3. What makes Murad suspicious when he reaches his destination?
4. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
5. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)