|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
2. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) At Beletsky's party.
(b) When he sees her baking bread.
(c) When he moves in with her family.
(d) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
4. Who suggested that Murad be sent to Siberia?
(a) An adviser to the Tsar.
(b) Marya Dmitrievna.
(c) Prince Vorontsov.
(d) The Tsar.
5. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
(a) He is revolted.
(b) He forgives himself.
(c) He is grateful for all his opportunities.
(d) He decides he would not do anything differently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya's depression return?
2. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
3. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
4. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
5. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)