|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His recklessness with money.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His outgoing personality.
(d) His brooding moods.
2. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her brother's illness.
(c) Her father's drunkenness.
(d) Her husband's death.
3. How often does Eugene Irtenev meet Stepanida?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Every night.
(d) Every day.
4. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
(b) Commercial interdependence.
(c) Annihilating hatred.
(d) Mutual trust.
5. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
(a) That they are independent.
(b) That they are flawed.
(c) That they are perfect.
(d) That they each depend on the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Liza Annenskaya acts on her jealousy?
2. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
4. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
5. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)