|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(b) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(c) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(d) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
2. Where is Murad fleeing to?
(a) The Caucasus.
(b) The Russian fort at Vozvizhensk.
3. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's servant.
(b) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(c) Dmitri's father.
(d) Dmitri's brother.
4. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(b) When he moves in with her family.
(c) At Beletsky's party.
(d) When he sees her baking bread.
5. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A privileged young man.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A poor inn keeper.
(d) A talented lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
2. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
3. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
4. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
5. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)