|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Miserable and filled with dread.
(b) Proud and apprehensive.
(c) Anxious and depressed.
(d) Content and happy.
2. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
3. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
(a) That they each depend on the other.
(b) That they are perfect.
(c) That they are flawed.
(d) That they are independent.
4. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A poor inn keeper.
(c) A privileged young man.
(d) A talented lawyer.
5. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
(a) Some Chechens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
2. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
3. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
4. Who is Vanyusha?
5. Where does Murad stay while he is in flight?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)