|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
(c) Immediate action.
(d) A prisoner exchange.
2. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
(a) Desire for power.
(b) Lust for women.
(c) Desire for easy city ways.
(d) Desire for money.
3. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) Red-blooded need for sex.
(b) Corrupt desire.
(c) The dehumanizing desire.
(d) The shameful decision.
4. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
(a) His wife's affairs.
(b) His wife's illness.
(c) His children's hate for him.
(d) His wife's unhappiness.
5. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) A general's wife.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
(d) The emperor's concubine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
2. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
3. Who is Trukhachevsky?
4. Where does Eugene Irtenev live?
5. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)