|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
(a) As a sweet kind of teamwork.
(b) As a justification for misery.
(c) As a transcendent pleasure.
(d) As a heavy burden.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They declare a truce.
(b) They separate.
(c) They resume hostilities.
(d) They fall out of love.
3. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
4. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Chechen.
(b) A Russian.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Christian.
5. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
2. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
3. What town do the Russians ultimately destroy?
4. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
5. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)