|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hadji Murad.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By playing piano.
(b) By singing.
(c) By having affairs.
(d) By gossiping.
2. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) Original Russian migrants.
(c) Katherine the Great.
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(c) Jealous rages.
4. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
(a) A bureaucrat.
(b) A military cadet.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A shop keeper.
5. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) They exacerbate the depression.
(b) They make her genuinely ill.
(c) Complete relief.
(d) Temporary relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eugene Irtenev move to the Semenov estate?
2. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
3. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
4. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
5. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)