|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maryanka do when Dmitri returns to Russia?
(a) She cries openly.
(b) She watches him from a prominent place where he can see her.
(c) She comes with him.
(d) She does not look at him.
2. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
(a) He is grateful for all his opportunities.
(b) He forgives himself.
(c) He decides he would not do anything differently.
(d) He is revolted.
3. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) The she will not be able to live without him.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he cannot live without her.
4. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A new kind of happiness.
(b) A deeper religious sense.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) Greater depression.
5. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(b) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(c) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(d) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
2. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
3. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
4. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
5. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)