|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) At Beletsky's party.
(b) When he sees her baking bread.
(c) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(d) When he moves in with her family.
2. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His brooding moods.
(d) His recklessness with money.
3. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) The perfect woman.
(b) His daughter.
(d) Escape from his wife.
4. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he cannot live without her.
(b) The she will not be able to live without him.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he loves her.
5. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her father's drunkenness.
(c) Her husband's death.
(d) Her brother's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
2. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
5. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)