|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
2. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As an afterthought.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As a goddess.
3. What convinces Ivan Ilych that death is getting close?
(a) He ceases to sleep.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He falls on the way to the toilet.
(d) His teeth fall out.
4. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It incenses her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It has no affect on her.
5. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Russian.
(b) A Tartar.
(c) A Chechen.
(d) A Turk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
2. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
3. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
4. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
5. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)