|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A bureaucrat.
(c) A law school graduate.
(d) A doctor.
2. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(b) Dmitri's father.
(c) Dmitri's brother.
(d) Dmitri's servant.
3. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Begin to drink.
(b) Consume himself with work.
(c) Devote himself to his wife.
(d) Separate himself from the house.
4. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) A jealous rage.
(b) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(c) Her suicide attempt.
(d) Her illness and depression.
5. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) A life of ease.
(b) Freedom from persecution.
(c) A heroic future.
(d) Escape from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
2. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
3. What is the significance of the Terek River?
4. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
5. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)