|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marya's depression return?
(b) Sergey leave for a trip.
(c) Her brother comes to visit.
(d) Her mother dies.
2. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Escape from his wife.
(c) The perfect woman.
3. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As a provincial magistrate.
(b) As an intern.
(c) As a foot soldier.
(d) As a clerk.
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) One year.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
5. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 2,500 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
2. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)