|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
2. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her ignorance of French literature.
(b) Her housekeeping.
(c) Her coquettish nature.
(d) Her dark sense of humor.
3. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's brother.
(b) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(c) Dmitri's father.
(d) Dmitri's servant.
4. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her sister and a family friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
5. Who is Katya?
(a) A milliner.
(b) A shop girl.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
3. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
4. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
5. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)