|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To serve the Tsar.
(b) To escape from his debts.
(c) For a business deal.
(d) To look for adventure.
2. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Consume himself with work.
(b) Begin to drink.
(c) Separate himself from the house.
(d) Devote himself to his wife.
3. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Catatonic and silent.
(b) Hard-working and content.
(c) Shrewd and attentive.
(d) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
4. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(a) Jealous rages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
2. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
3. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
5. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)