|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 3,500 rubles a year.
(b) 1,500 rubles a year.
(c) 2,000 rubles a year.
(d) 5,000 rubles a year.
2. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of troubles.
(b) A life of ease.
(c) A life of art.
(d) A life of struggle.
3. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(b) His finances.
(c) Her illness.
(d) Her pregnancy.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Indifferent to each other.
(c) Head over heels in love.
(d) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
5. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Buy expensive clothes.
(b) Begin to drink.
(c) Start having affairs.
(d) Begin to gamble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
2. What is in Novomlinsk?
3. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
4. Who is Katya?
5. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)