|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) Over the summer.
(b) In August.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In May.
2. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
3. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(c) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(d) Ivan Ilych's lover.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Head over heels in love.
(d) Indifferent to each other.
5. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) He returns to his hometown.
(b) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
(c) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
(d) He and his wife resume fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
2. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
3. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
4. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
5. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)