|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(c) Katherine the Great.
(d) Original Russian migrants.
2. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(c) Self-destructive behavior.
3. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
(b) Christian Cossacks.
(c) Lawless mountain people.
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
(a) He is revolted.
(b) He decides he would not do anything differently.
(c) He forgives himself.
(d) He is grateful for all his opportunities.
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
(a) It makes her rhapsodic.
(b) It makes her vulnerable.
(c) It makes her oblivious.
(d) It makes her curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
2. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
3. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
4. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
5. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)