|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Novomlinsk?
(a) The Russian military outpost.
(b) The center of the Grebensk Cossack settlement.
(c) Muslim Tartars.
(d) The Turkish trading post.
2. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a goddess.
(b) As a mother.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As an afterthought.
3. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His recklessness with money.
(d) His brooding moods.
4. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of ease.
(b) A life of struggle.
(c) A life of art.
(d) A life of troubles.
5. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he cannot live without her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) The she will not be able to live without him.
(d) That he hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the Terek River?
2. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
3. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
4. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
5. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)