|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
(a) The continual work and sacrifice.
(b) The absence of work and sacrifice.
(c) The loss of privacy and self-possession.
(d) The new importance of self-sacrifice.
2. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Begin to drink.
(b) Consume himself with work.
(c) Separate himself from the house.
(d) Devote himself to his wife.
3. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
4. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Chechen.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Russian.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(b) Jealous rages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
2. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
3. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
4. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)