|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To serve the Tsar.
(b) To escape from his debts.
(c) For a business deal.
(d) To look for adventure.
2. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Buy expensive clothes.
(b) Start having affairs.
(c) Begin to drink.
(d) Begin to gamble.
3. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a goddess.
(b) As a mother.
(c) As an afterthought.
(d) As a nuisance.
4. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
5. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Marya and Sergey each believe about the other?
2. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
3. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
4. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
5. Who is Dmitri Olenin?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)