|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As an afterthought.
(c) As a goddess.
(d) As a nuisance.
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) Greater depression.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) A deeper religious sense.
3. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
4. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They declare a truce.
(b) They fall out of love.
(c) They separate.
(d) They resume hostilities.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Miserable and filled with dread.
(b) Anxious and depressed.
(c) Proud and apprehensive.
(d) Content and happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
2. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
3. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
4. What is in Novomlinsk?
5. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)