|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her housekeeping.
(b) Her ignorance of French literature.
(c) Her dark sense of humor.
(d) Her coquettish nature.
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A sharp impatience.
(b) A new kind of happiness.
(c) Greater depression.
(d) A deeper religious sense.
3. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
4. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When he moves in with her family.
(b) When he sees her baking bread.
(c) At Beletsky's party.
(d) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
5. What is in Novomlinsk?
(a) Muslim Tartars.
(b) The Russian military outpost.
(c) The Turkish trading post.
(d) The center of the Grebensk Cossack settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
2. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
3. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
4. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)