|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(b) Jealous rages.
2. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) In August.
(b) In May.
(c) In the winter.
(d) Over the summer.
3. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) Escape from his wife.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) His daughter.
4. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
5. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(b) He applies for a pension and retires.
(c) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(d) He still works, but it exhausts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
2. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
5. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)