|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As beasts of burden.
(b) As warriors.
(c) As equals.
(d) As goddesses.
2. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
(a) A business trip.
(b) One of Trukhachevsky's enemies told him about Trukhachevsky's affair with his wife.
(c) Catching his wife and Trukhachevsky in the act.
(d) He read his wife's letters.
3. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her ignorance of French literature.
(b) Her coquettish nature.
(c) Her dark sense of humor.
(d) Her housekeeping.
4. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) Corrupt desire.
(b) Red-blooded need for sex.
(c) The dehumanizing desire.
(d) The shameful decision.
5. Why does Eugene Irtenev move to the Semenov estate?
(a) To implement new laws.
(b) To care for his mother.
(c) To see to some repairs.
(d) To intervene in a conflict with the tenants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
2. Who is Vanyusha?
3. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
4. Why does Marya's depression return?
5. Who is Katya?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)