|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(b) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(c) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(d) As two egoists foreign to each other.
2. Why does Eugene Irtenev move to the Semenov estate?
(a) To care for his mother.
(b) To see to some repairs.
(c) To intervene in a conflict with the tenants.
(d) To implement new laws.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They resume hostilities.
(b) They fall out of love.
(c) They declare a truce.
(d) They separate.
4. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
(a) Fear of Chechen reprisals.
(b) Fear of wild boars.
(c) Fear of a Tartar attack.
(d) Fear of Lukashka.
5. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
(a) In her house.
(b) In the grasses.
(c) In his apartments.
(d) In an inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his and his wife's courtship?
2. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
3. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
4. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
5. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)