|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(c) Indifferent to each other.
(d) Head over heels in love.
2. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(b) Assistant public prosecutor.
(c) Provincial director.
3. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
4. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(b) His seat-mate.
(c) His cell-mate.
(d) A judge and jury.
5. Who are the Grebensk Cossacks descended from?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(c) Katherine the Great.
(d) Original Russian migrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
2. What topics does Sergey capture Marya's curiosity about?
3. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
4. What does Eugene Irtenev become restless for when he moves to the Semenov estate?
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his and his wife's courtship?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)