|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Shrewd and attentive.
(b) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(c) Hard-working and content.
(d) Catatonic and silent.
2. What does Marya find after she gives birth?
(a) A new kind of happiness.
(b) Greater depression.
(c) A sharp impatience.
(d) A deeper religious sense.
3. To whom does Eugene Irtenev confide his lustful thoughts about Stepanida?
(b) His uncle.
(c) Liza Annenskaya.
(d) His minister.
4. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As goddesses.
(b) As equals.
(c) As warriors.
(d) As beasts of burden.
5. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
(a) A Chechen.
(b) A Turk.
(c) A Russian.
(d) A Tartar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
2. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
3. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
5. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)