|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eugene Irtenev live?
(a) The Caucasus.
(b) The country.
2. Who is Katya?
(a) A milliner.
(b) A governess.
(c) A shop girl.
(d) A seamstress.
3. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A young neighbor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A semi-professional musician.
(d) A soldier.
4. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's lover.
(b) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(c) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(d) Ivan Ilych's sister.
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(b) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(c) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(d) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
3. To whom does Eugene Irtenev confide his lustful thoughts about Stepanida?
4. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
5. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)