|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
(a) A passionate union.
(b) A spiritual union.
(c) A practical, economic union.
(d) A carnal union.
2. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
3. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
(a) A life of ease.
(b) A life of art.
(c) A life of struggle.
(d) A life of troubles.
4. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
(a) To take a lover.
(b) To bear children.
(c) To nurse her child.
(d) To take care of Pozdnyshev.
5. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
(a) Pain in his joints and neck.
(b) Hearing loss.
(c) A strange taste in his mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
2. How would you describe the nature Dmitri expects to find in the Caucasus?
3. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
4. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
5. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)