|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dmitri's relation with Maryanka?
2. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
(b) Muslim Tartars.
(c) Grebensk Cossacks.
3. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) Marya's brother.
(b) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(c) A friend of Marya's father's.
(d) A peasant.
4. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Shrewd and attentive.
(b) Catatonic and silent.
(c) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(d) Hard-working and content.
5. What causes Sergey to say that he and Marya must return to the country?
(a) His affair with a girl in Moscow.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
2. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
3. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
4. Why does Marya's depression return?
5. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)