|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
(a) Freedom from persecution.
(b) A heroic future.
(c) A life of ease.
(d) Escape from prison.
2. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her father's drunkenness.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her brother's illness.
3. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As a clerk.
(b) As an intern.
(c) As a foot soldier.
(d) As a provincial magistrate.
4. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It saps her.
(b) It has no affect on her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It incenses her.
5. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To serve the Tsar.
(b) To escape from his debts.
(c) To look for adventure.
(d) For a business deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
3. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
4. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
5. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)