|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
(a) She tripped crossing a ditch.
(b) She was having complications of her pregnancy.
(c) She was having fits.
(d) She was taken ill.
2. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A bureaucrat.
(d) A law school graduate.
3. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
4. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
(a) Christian Cossacks.
(c) Lawless mountain people.
5. To whom does Eugene Irtenev confide his lustful thoughts about Stepanida?
(b) His uncle.
(c) Liza Annenskaya.
(d) His minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Liza Annenskaya acts on her jealousy?
2. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
3. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
4. What is the significance of the Terek River?
5. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)