|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
(a) Hard-working and content.
(b) Unreasonable and dissatisfied.
(c) Shrewd and attentive.
(d) Catatonic and silent.
2. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
(a) It makes her vulnerable.
(b) It makes her rhapsodic.
(c) It makes her oblivious.
(d) It makes her curious.
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Russian.
(b) A Chechen.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Christian.
4. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) The shameful decision.
(b) Corrupt desire.
(c) The dehumanizing desire.
(d) Red-blooded need for sex.
5. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It rejuvenates her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It has no affect on her.
(d) It incenses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
2. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
3. What does Marya say she got, in her marriage to Sergey?
4. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
5. What is Maryanka's response when Dmitri asks her whether they can marry?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)