|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To look for adventure.
(b) To serve the Tsar.
(c) To escape from his debts.
(d) For a business deal.
2. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her brother's illness.
(b) Her father's drunkenness.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her husband's death.
3. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(b) Jealous rages.
5. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(b) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(c) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
(d) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
3. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)