|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
(a) In his apartments.
(b) In her house.
(c) In the grasses.
(d) In an inn.
2. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(b) He applies for a pension and retires.
(c) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(d) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
3. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
4. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
(b) He is not sure.
(d) She tells him it is his, but he finds out it is not.
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(b) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(c) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(d) As two egoists foreign to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
2. Who is Trukhachevsky?
3. Why does Dmitri return home quickly after hunting?
4. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Dmitri's thoughts about love?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)