|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
2. Why was Liza Annenskaya confined to bed?
(a) She was having complications of her pregnancy.
(b) She tripped crossing a ditch.
(c) She was taken ill.
(d) She was having fits.
3. How often does Eugene Irtenev meet Stepanida?
(a) Every day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every night.
4. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
(a) Her illness and depression.
(b) Her suicide attempt.
(c) Her affair with a Frenchman.
(d) A jealous rage.
5. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
(a) His wife keeps his wayward traits in line.
(b) His wife works behind the scenes to help him.
(c) His wife's family has powerful connections.
(d) His wife is pretty and flirtatious, and his superiors like to have her around.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
2. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
3. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
4. Who is Vanyusha?
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)