|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
(a) As a torment.
(b) As consolation for his unhappy marriage.
(c) As angels.
(d) As a great burden.
2. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) They exacerbate the depression.
(b) They make her genuinely ill.
(c) Temporary relief.
(d) Complete relief.
3. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
(a) The continual work and sacrifice.
(b) The new importance of self-sacrifice.
(c) The absence of work and sacrifice.
(d) The loss of privacy and self-possession.
4. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(a) Assistant public prosecutor.
(c) Provincial director.
5. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
2. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
3. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
4. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
5. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)