|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
(a) When he sees her baking bread.
(b) When she tells him of her engagement to Lukashka.
(c) At Beletsky's party.
(d) When he moves in with her family.
2. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 1,500 rubles a year.
(b) 5,000 rubles a year.
(c) 3,500 rubles a year.
(d) 2,000 rubles a year.
3. What does Sergey tease Marya about?
(a) Her coquettish nature.
(b) Her ignorance of French literature.
(c) Her dark sense of humor.
(d) Her housekeeping.
4. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) In August.
(b) In May.
(c) Over the summer.
(d) In the winter.
5. How does Marya see herself in relation to Sergey, once she begins to be depressed?
(a) As a goddess.
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As an afterthought.
(d) As a mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
2. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
3. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
4. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
5. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)