|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eugene Irtenev live?
(a) The country.
(b) The Caucasus.
2. What surprises Marya after her marriage to Sergey?
(a) The new importance of self-sacrifice.
(b) The continual work and sacrifice.
(c) The absence of work and sacrifice.
(d) The loss of privacy and self-possession.
3. What is the significance of the Terek River?
(a) It is where the regional authorities are centered.
(b) It is the boundary where Dmitri enters the Caucasus.
(c) It is the last civilized outpost before the wilderness.
(d) It is the heart of the Cossacks' territory.
4. What is the Semenov estate?
(a) The estate where Eugene Irtenev's wife lives.
(b) Eugene Irtenev's family's estate.
(c) The estate where Eugene Irtenev is a lawyer.
(d) The estate where Eugene Irtenev is a doctor.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Marya and Sergey's feelings for each other?
(a) Head over heels in love.
(c) Respectful and moderately affectionate.
(d) Indifferent to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
2. Who lives beyond the Muslim Tartars?
3. Does Stepanida have Eugene Irtenev's child?
4. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)