|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
(a) Corrupt desire.
(b) Red-blooded need for sex.
(c) The shameful decision.
(d) The dehumanizing desire.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They declare a truce.
(b) They separate.
(c) They resume hostilities.
(d) They fall out of love.
3. Who did Lukashka actual kill?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A Chechen.
(c) A Tartar.
(d) A Russian.
4. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
(a) His wife keeps his wayward traits in line.
(b) His wife is pretty and flirtatious, and his superiors like to have her around.
(c) His wife works behind the scenes to help him.
(d) His wife's family has powerful connections.
5. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) A friend of Marya's father's.
(b) A peasant.
(c) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(d) Marya's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
2. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
3. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
4. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
5. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)