|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does marriage make Eugene Irtenev's life easier?
(a) His wife keeps his wayward traits in line.
(b) His wife is pretty and flirtatious, and his superiors like to have her around.
(c) His wife works behind the scenes to help him.
(d) His wife's family has powerful connections.
2. Who is Katya?
(a) A governess.
(b) A shop girl.
(c) A milliner.
(d) A seamstress.
3. To whom does Eugene Irtenev confide his lustful thoughts about Stepanida?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His minister.
(d) Liza Annenskaya.
4. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To escape from his debts.
(b) To look for adventure.
(c) For a business deal.
(d) To serve the Tsar.
5. How does Marya say her marriage to Sergey affects her relationship with the world?
(a) It makes her curious.
(b) It makes her rhapsodic.
(c) It makes her vulnerable.
(d) It makes her oblivious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dmitri encounter in the Caucasus?
2. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
3. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
4. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
5. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)