|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the relationship between Marya and Sergey turn romantic?
(a) Over the summer.
(b) In August.
(c) In May.
(d) In the winter.
2. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) The she will not be able to live without him.
(b) That he hates her.
(c) That he cannot live without her.
(d) That he loves her.
3. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(b) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(c) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(d) He applies for a pension and retires.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became irritable.
(b) He became peaceful.
(c) He became religious.
(d) He became angry.
5. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister and a family friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
3. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
4. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
5. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)