|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Anxious and depressed.
(b) Proud and apprehensive.
(c) Content and happy.
(d) Miserable and filled with dread.
2. What do Marya's boredom and depression turn into?
(a) Self-destructive behavior.
3. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His brooding moods.
(c) His recklessness with money.
(d) His impassive good manners.
4. Who is Vanyusha?
(a) Dmitri's servant.
(b) Dmitri's father.
(c) Dmitri's commanding officer.
(d) Dmitri's brother.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Separate himself from the house.
(b) Begin to drink.
(c) Consume himself with work.
(d) Devote himself to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
2. What does Eugene Irtenev become restless for when he moves to the Semenov estate?
3. Why did Liza Annenskaya hire Stepanida?
4. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
5. Where do Eugene Irtenev and Stepanida meet?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)