|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kreutzer Sonata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Dmitri hopes to find in the Caucasus?
(a) The perfect woman.
(b) Escape from his wife.
(d) His daughter.
2. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
(a) As a heavy burden.
(b) As a sweet kind of teamwork.
(c) As a justification for misery.
(d) As a transcendent pleasure.
3. Who does Eugene Irtenev's mother want him to marry?
(b) Liza Annenskaya.
(c) Someone with money.
(d) Someone with a title.
4. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
5. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 1,500 rubles.
(c) 2,500 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
2. What is the significance of the Terek River?
3. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
4. Whom did Lukashka think he killed?
5. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)