|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
(a) He was sent to Europe for education.
(b) He was kept at home to be educated.
(c) He was enrolled in military school.
(d) He was sent to a tutor in Moscow.
2. What doest Stepan Kasatsky tell Countess Korotkova?
(a) That his love for her scared him.
(b) That he would kill her if he ever found out she betrayed him.
(c) That he was terribly devoted.
(d) That she made him a better person.
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
(a) He wants to punish her for leading him astray.
(b) She seems like a means to salvation for him.
(c) He wants to set things right with her.
(d) He wants to devote himself to her.
4. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) He and his wife resume fighting.
(b) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
(c) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
(d) He returns to his hometown.
5. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
(a) Fits of generosity.
(b) Fits of laughing.
(c) Fits of jealousy.
(d) Fits of temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
2. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
3. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
5. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)