|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
(a) A law school graduate.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A bureaucrat.
(d) A soldier.
2. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As a provincial magistrate.
(b) As a foot soldier.
(c) As an intern.
(d) As a clerk.
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
(a) He wants to set things right with her.
(b) He wants to devote himself to her.
(c) He wants to punish her for leading him astray.
(d) She seems like a means to salvation for him.
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
5. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 1,500 rubles a year.
(b) 3,500 rubles a year.
(c) 5,000 rubles a year.
(d) 2,000 rubles a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
2. How does Pozdnyshev describe his and his wife's courtship?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
4. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
5. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)