|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 2,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
2. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
(a) Desire for power.
(b) Desire for easy city ways.
(c) Desire for money.
(d) Lust for women.
3. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
4. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) One year.
5. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) He confronts the other man.
(b) He vows to love her eternally.
(c) He kills her.
(d) He breaks off the engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
2. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
3. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
5. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)