|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 2,500 rubles.
(d) 3,500 rubles.
2. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
(a) As an intern.
(b) As a provincial magistrate.
(c) As a foot soldier.
(d) As a clerk.
3. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
(a) 3,500 rubles a year.
(b) 5,000 rubles a year.
(c) 1,500 rubles a year.
(d) 2,000 rubles a year.
4. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He followed a woman there.
(b) He asked to be sent.
(c) He was arrested for treason.
(d) He was arrested for vagrancy.
5. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he cannot live without her.
(d) The she will not be able to live without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Trukhachevsky?
2. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
3. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
4. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
5. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)