|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
2. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(a) Arguing law cases.
3. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
4. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
(c) Warmly affectionate.
5. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They separate.
(b) They resume hostilities.
(c) They fall out of love.
(d) They declare a truce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
2. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
5. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)