|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) A general's wife.
(b) The emperor's concubine.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
2. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
(a) She seems like a means to salvation for him.
(b) He wants to punish her for leading him astray.
(c) He wants to devote himself to her.
(d) He wants to set things right with her.
3. What are Ivan Ilych's symptoms of the illness that kills him?
(b) Hearing loss.
(c) Pain in his joints and neck.
(d) A strange taste in his mouth.
4. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
(a) Lust for women.
(b) Desire for money.
(c) Desire for power.
(d) Desire for easy city ways.
5. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) To Moscow.
(b) To Petersburg.
(c) To a monastery.
(d) To the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
3. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
4. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)