|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's lover.
(b) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(c) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(d) Ivan Ilych's mother.
2. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
(a) As consolation for his unhappy marriage.
(b) As angels.
(c) As a torment.
(d) As a great burden.
3. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
(a) He decides he would not do anything differently.
(b) He is grateful for all his opportunities.
(c) He is revolted.
(d) He forgives himself.
4. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
(a) A jealous rage.
(b) Desire for her money.
(c) She was ill and suffering.
(d) He caught her cheating on him.
5. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
(a) To take a lover.
(b) To take care of Pozdnyshev.
(c) To bear children.
(d) To nurse her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doest Stepan Kasatsky tell Countess Korotkova?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
3. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
4. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)