|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
(a) A woman who tempts him.
(b) A woman who seduces him.
(c) A woman who refuses him.
(d) A woman who seduced his spiritual leader.
2. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Cut off his finger.
(c) Move to the city.
(d) Kill himself.
3. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
(a) As a great burden.
(b) As angels.
(c) As consolation for his unhappy marriage.
(d) As a torment.
4. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) The she will not be able to live without him.
(d) That he cannot live without her.
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By singing.
(b) By playing piano.
(c) By having affairs.
(d) By gossiping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
2. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
3. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
4. Where did Ivan Ilych get appointed to the Court of Justice?
5. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)