|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He was arrested for treason.
(b) He followed a woman there.
(c) He was arrested for vagrancy.
(d) He asked to be sent.
2. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
3. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(b) Arguing law cases.
4. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(a) His cell-mate.
(b) A judge and jury.
(c) His seat-mate.
5. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(b) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(c) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(d) He applies for a pension and retires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
2. What are Stepan Kasatsky's motives for whatever he undertakes?
3. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
4. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
5. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)