|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
(a) His children's hate for him.
(b) His wife's unhappiness.
(c) His wife's illness.
(d) His wife's affairs.
2. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
(a) She could see he did not love her.
(b) She did not like the town they moved to.
(c) She did not love him.
(d) She could not have children.
3. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A young neighbor.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A semi-professional musician.
(d) A lawyer.
4. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Countess Korotkova?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his and his wife's courtship?
2. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
3. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
4. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)