|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) He breaks off the engagement.
(b) He confronts the other man.
(c) He kills her.
(d) He vows to love her eternally.
2. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
(a) As a justification for misery.
(b) As a transcendent pleasure.
(c) As a sweet kind of teamwork.
(d) As a heavy burden.
3. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A young neighbor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A semi-professional musician.
4. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
(a) Fits of laughing.
(b) Fits of temper.
(c) Fits of jealousy.
(d) Fits of generosity.
5. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
(b) He returns to his hometown.
(c) He and his wife resume fighting.
(d) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
2. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
3. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
4. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
5. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)