|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
(a) His children's hate for him.
(b) His wife's affairs.
(c) His wife's illness.
(d) His wife's unhappiness.
2. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
3. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
(a) He was enrolled in military school.
(b) He was kept at home to be educated.
(c) He was sent to Europe for education.
(d) He was sent to a tutor in Moscow.
4. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By gossiping.
(b) By playing piano.
(c) By singing.
(d) By having affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
3. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
4. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
5. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)