|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
(a) They resume hostilities.
(b) They declare a truce.
(c) They fall out of love.
(d) They separate.
2. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(b) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(c) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
(d) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
3. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's lover.
(c) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(d) Ivan Ilych's sister.
4. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
(a) As consolation for his unhappy marriage.
(b) As a torment.
(c) As angels.
(d) As a great burden.
5. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A semi-professional musician.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A young neighbor.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
2. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
3. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
4. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)