|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
(a) 2,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
2. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
(a) Content and happy.
(b) Miserable and filled with dread.
(c) Proud and apprehensive.
(d) Anxious and depressed.
3. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He asked to be sent.
(b) He was arrested for vagrancy.
(c) He was arrested for treason.
(d) He followed a woman there.
4. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
(a) Cut off his finger.
(b) Move to the city.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Move to the country.
5. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(a) Provincial director.
(b) Assistant public prosecutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych develop a passion for?
2. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
3. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
4. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
5. Who is Trukhachevsky?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)