|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
2. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A semi-professional musician.
(b) A young neighbor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A lawyer.
3. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
4. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
(a) She did not love him.
(b) She could not have children.
(c) She did not like the town they moved to.
(d) She could see he did not love her.
5. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(a) Assistant public prosecutor.
(b) Provincial director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
2. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
3. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
4. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife change when he begins to work at the Court of Justice?
5. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)