|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(a) A judge and jury.
(b) His seat-mate.
(d) His cell-mate.
2. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) A general's wife.
(b) The emperor's concubine.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
3. What was Ivan Ilych promoted to after three years in his second position?
(b) Assistant public prosecutor.
(d) Provincial director.
4. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(a) Jealous rages.
5. How long was Ivan Ilych in his position before he was appointed to the position of public prosecutor in another town?
(a) Seven years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych felt upon taking his position at the Court of Justice?
2. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
3. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
4. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
5. What was Pozdnyshev's justification for killing his wife?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)