|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became irritable.
(b) He became peaceful.
(c) He became religious.
(d) He became angry.
2. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
3. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) To the country.
(b) To a monastery.
(c) To Petersburg.
(d) To Moscow.
4. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(b) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(c) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(d) He applies for a pension and retires.
5. How does Tolstoy describe Stepan Kasatsky's educational career?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych begin his career?
2. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
3. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
4. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
5. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)