|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
(a) She did not like the town they moved to.
(b) She could not have children.
(c) She could see he did not love her.
(d) She did not love him.
2. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) He breaks off the engagement.
(b) He confronts the other man.
(c) He kills her.
(d) He vows to love her eternally.
3. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(d) Arguing law cases.
4. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
(a) On a train ride.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a museum.
(d) In a monastery.
5. Who is Praskovya Federovna?
(a) Ivan Ilych's wife.
(b) Ivan Ilych's mother.
(c) Ivan Ilych's sister.
(d) Ivan Ilych's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
2. What did Ivan Ilych find in place of death?
3. Where does Stepan Kasatsky go after Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
4. How much was Ivan Ilych given for moving expenses to get to his Court of Justice appointment?
5. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)