|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
(a) In a monastery.
(b) In a museum.
(c) On a train ride.
(d) In prison.
2. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
(a) He confronts the other man.
(b) He vows to love her eternally.
(c) He breaks off the engagement.
(d) He kills her.
3. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(a) His seat-mate.
(b) A judge and jury.
(d) His cell-mate.
4. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
(a) Fits of temper.
(b) Fits of generosity.
(c) Fits of jealousy.
(d) Fits of laughing.
5. What does Ivan Ilych ultimately realize about his wife?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That he cannot live without her.
(c) The she will not be able to live without him.
(d) That he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
2. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
3. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
4. Who is Trukhachevsky?
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)