|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
2. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By having affairs.
(b) By playing piano.
(c) By singing.
(d) By gossiping.
3. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
(a) On a train ride.
(b) In a monastery.
(c) In a museum.
(d) In prison.
4. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
(a) As two terrified children trying to save each other.
(b) As to cold souls begrudging each other their pleasure.
(c) As two egoists foreign to each other.
(d) As two animals desperate to consume each other.
5. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(d) Jealous rages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
2. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
3. What doest Stepan Kasatsky tell Countess Korotkova?
4. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
5. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)