|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Stepan Kasatsky when his father died?
(a) He was enrolled in military school.
(b) He was sent to a tutor in Moscow.
(c) He was kept at home to be educated.
(d) He was sent to Europe for education.
2. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He followed a woman there.
(b) He was arrested for vagrancy.
(c) He was arrested for treason.
(d) He asked to be sent.
3. What does Ivan Ilych do after his first child is born?
(a) Consume himself with work.
(b) Devote himself to his wife.
(c) Begin to drink.
(d) Separate himself from the house.
4. How does Tolstoy say Stepan Kasatsky feels about the Emperor?
5. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
(a) To take care of Pozdnyshev.
(b) To bear children.
(c) To take a lover.
(d) To nurse her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Countess Korotkova?
2. Why did Pozdnyshev's wife say she was depressed?
3. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
4. How does Stepan Kasatsky respond when Countess Korotkova tells him about her other lover?
5. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)