|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Sergius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ivan Ilych becomes ill?
(a) His wife ceases to fight with him to take care of him.
(b) He and his wife resume fighting.
(c) He loses his salary and begins to struggle.
(d) He returns to his hometown.
2. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
(a) Desire for easy city ways.
(b) Desire for power.
(c) Lust for women.
(d) Desire for money.
3. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
(a) Stepan Kasatsky's mother was daughter of a high-ranking officer.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's father was an outstanding military officer.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's family was promoted to the nobility by Emperor Nicholas I.
(d) Stepan Kasatsky married an admiral's daughter.
4. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
(b) Warmly affectionate.
5. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pozdnyshev describe his marriage as he sees it in post-coital reflection?
2. What significance does Pashenka have to Sergius after Sergius leaves the monastery?
3. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
4. How does Ivan Ilych feel about his life as he reviews it from his deathbed?
5. Who was Countess Korotkova?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)