1. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
2. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her father's drunkenness.
(b) Her husband's death.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her brother's illness.
3. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her sister and a family friend.
4. Who is Katya?
(a) A milliner.
(b) A shop girl.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A governess.
5. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It incenses her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It has no affect on her.
6. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
7. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) A friend of Marya's father's.
(b) Marya's brother.
(c) A peasant.
(d) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
8. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
9. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His impassive good manners.
(b) His outgoing personality.
(c) His brooding moods.
(d) His recklessness with money.
This section contains 4,048 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)