1. How old is Marya Alexandrovna?
2. What causes Marya Alexandrovna's depression?
(a) Her brother's illness.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her husband's death.
(d) Her father's drunkenness.
3. Who does Marya live with at the beginning of "Family Happiness"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister and a family friend.
(d) Her children.
4. Who is Katya?
(a) A milliner.
(b) A governess.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A shop girl.
5. What effect does the Russian winter have on Marya?
(a) It incenses her.
(b) It saps her.
(c) It rejuvenates her.
(d) It has no affect on her.
6. Where does Marya yearn for through the winter?
7. Who is Sergey Mikhaylych?
(a) An overseer on Marya's family's estate.
(b) Marya's brother.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A friend of Marya's father's.
8. What is Marya's first reaction to Sergey?
9. What aspect of Sergey's personality does Marya respond to?
(a) His recklessness with money.
(b) His impassive good manners.
(c) His brooding moods.
(d) His outgoing personality.
This section contains 4,048 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)