* Marya Alexandrovna is depressed after her mother dies.
* Sergey Mikhaylych comes to stay with Marya and her sister and governess.
* Marya and Sergey fall in love and are married, and they travel but she gets depressed.
* After Marya has a child, she discovers that marriage is a completely different kind of struggle than she expected.
* Dmitri Olenin thinks that he will find adventure and exotic women in the Caucasus.
* Arriving in the Caucasus, he finds the Cossacks living near the Tartars.
* Dmitri falls in love with Maryanka, a Cossack woman.
* Maryanka is engaged to Lukashka, but Lukashka is ultimately shot and killed in a skirmish and Maryanka ignores Dmitri when he returns to Russia.
The Death of Ivan Ilych
* Ivan Ilych is a talented young law school graduate, who moves up the ladder to important positions.
* Ivan Ilych marries Praskovya Federovna, who has a...
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)