1. Ion is renowned for his ability to recite which famous poet?
2. What does Socrates tell Ion about a person who can recite poetry well?
(a) Only a person who understands a poem's meaning could be a good reciter.
(b) Ion must not know the meaning of poetry if he just memorizes it.
(c) Memorizing poetry is a way of balancing the soul.
(d) Ion should memorize philosophy instead of poetry.
3. In Ion, Socrates is concerned primarily with which of the following?
(a) Defining virtue by more than just examples of virtue.
(b) Ion's secret relationship with Agathon.
(c) Proving that Ion is not as smart as he is.
(d) Distinguishing how we know things artistically from how we know things inspirationally.
4. According to Socrates' insinuation, artistic knowledge is characterized as which of the following?
5. In Ion, Socrates concludes that Ion's ability to memorize poetry is which of the following?
(a) An art that he learned from others.
(b) Proof that he knows what it actually means.
(c) Not proof that he knows what it actually means.
(d) Divinely inspired, just like the very poets whom Ion recites.
This section contains 6,442 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)