|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Susan call Harry, in Chapter 14?
(a) To ask why he cancelled their date the night before.
(b) To get information about a serial killer.
(c) To see if he is going to accept the vampires' invitation.
(d) To find out if he is okay.
2. What does the caller tell Michael, in Chapter 9?
(a) A police detective is losing his mind.
(b) There is a girl who needs their help.
(c) Something tried to get into the church the night before.
(d) Agatha still plagues the hospital.
3. In Chapter 9, Michael tells Harry that he received a phone call from whom?
(d) Father Forthill.
4. What is Agatha doing when Harry first encounters her?
(a) Setting fire to the nursery.
(b) Tearing through the rift into the spirit world.
(c) Holding a baby in her arms.
(d) Lulling the babies and orderlies to sleep with a song.
5. What does Harry do to protect Karrin?
(a) Ties her to her chair so she can't hurt herself.
(b) Tells the other police officers to watch her until morning.
(c) Puts her in an enchanted sleep, and casts a protective spell on her.
(d) Drugs her so she won't see the terrible things the Nightmare shows her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry able to tell Karrin about what happened to Micky?
2. Who is Agatha Hagglethorn?
3. Why is Michael upset with Harry after their escape in Chapter 6?
4. Where are Michael and Harry at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What does Lea explain to Michael in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charity angry with Harry, in Chapter 7?
2. How do Mortimer's assumptions about Harry's reasons for visiting him help Harry to get information from him?
3. What is odd about Harry's dream?
4. What happened to Agatha Hagglethorn in life?
5. Why does Michael disapprove of the methods Harry used to escape from Lea?
6. What does Bob tell Harry about the Nightmare in Chapter 14?
7. What does Harry see when he looks at Micky using his wizard's sight?
8. What is Harry doing as the novel opens?
9. What deductions is Harry able to make, despite the effects of the vampire venom?
10. Who is Harry Dresden?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)