Short Essay Questions Key
1. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
2. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
3. Who packs the narrator's belongings in Chapter 1? How does he end up staying at the Talbo house indefinitely?
4. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
5. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
6. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
7. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
8. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
9. What causes Verena's interest in the dropsy cure?
10. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
11. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)