|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
2. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
5. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
2. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
3. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
4. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
5. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
6. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
7. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
8. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
9. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
10. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is one of the central tenants of Taoism? How is Taoism related to Catherine? How does it affect her beliefs about music?
Essay Topic 2
What does the title of the novel have to do with the plot and ideas introduced in the novel? Do you believe it is a good title? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Catherin show she is unsure and steady? In what ways does she show that she is ready to move forward?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)