|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
2. What does Liz say about Anna?
3. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
4. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
5. What is the name of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
2. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
3. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
4. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
5. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
6. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
7. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
8. What happens when Catherine and Cranny are sewing or making hot water for tea?
9. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
10. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 2
For what does Catherine feel guilty? Is this guilt justified? Would you have handled things differently than Catherine did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Catherine focus on while she is in Ireland? Why do you think she focuses on this? Does this help or harm her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)