|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
2. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
3. What does Liz say about Anna?
4. How does Catherine get to the plane?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
2. What would Catherine do when her parents would fight?
3. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
4. Why is Dave able to do work that the big boats cannot do?
5. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
6. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
7. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
8. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
9. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
10. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 2
For what does Catherine feel guilty? Is this guilt justified? Would you have handled things differently than Catherine did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is one of the central tenants of Taoism? How is Taoism related to Catherine? How does it affect her beliefs about music?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)