|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
2. What did Catherine do when she was a child and her parents fought?
3. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
4. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
5. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
2. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
3. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
4. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
5. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
6. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
7. What happens when Catherine and Cranny are sewing or making hot water for tea?
8. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
9. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
10. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Catherine see Ireland through the eyes of a child? In what ways does she see Ireland as if for the first time?
Essay Topic 2
For what does Catherine feel guilty? Is this guilt justified? Would you have handled things differently than Catherine did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What influence do you think Anna has had on Catherine's life? Why do you think she has had this influence?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)