|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
2. What does walking on the beach with Anna remind Catherine about in regards to her students?
3. Where does Ingrid say she had seen Dave earlier that day?
4. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
5. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
2. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
3. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
4. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
5. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
6. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
7. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
8. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
9. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
10. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What influence do you think Anna has had on Catherine's life? Why do you think she has had this influence?
Essay Topic 2
What does the title of the novel have to do with the plot and ideas introduced in the novel? Do you believe it is a good title? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Postpartum depression affect Catherine? Do you think Catherine may have been depressed before she had the baby? Why or why not?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)