|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nuns tell Catherine to walk around?
2. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
3. Why does Catherine think Janet is making small talk with Catherine?
4. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
5. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
2. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
3. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
4. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
5. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
6. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
7. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
8. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
9. What would Catherine do when her parents would fight?
10. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Catherine see Ireland through the eyes of a child? In what ways does she see Ireland as if for the first time?
Essay Topic 2
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Catherine get her love of music? Who shows her how to work with this love? How does this love help her throughout her life?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)