|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
2. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
3. Where does Catherine's father think she is?
4. How much money does Catherine say she will get for the composition she is working on called Vernicle?
5. What do the breathing strategies the nurse wants Catherine to use during labor remind her of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
2. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
3. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
4. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
5. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
6. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
7. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
8. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
9. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
10. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Catherin show she is unsure and steady? In what ways does she show that she is ready to move forward?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Catherine go when she becomes overwhelmed by her parents' fighting? How does this relationship help Catherine?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are Catherine's parents responsible for the separation between them? In what ways is Catherine responsible for the separation? Who do you believe is more to blame and why do you feel that way?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)