|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick did Catherine's mother tell her about that might help her sleep?
2. How does Catherine find Anna to be?
3. What letter does Catherine remember her mother telling her was missing from the sign of Malone Place?
4. How much money does Catherine say she will get for the composition she is working on called Vernicle?
5. Why does Catherine look at the nun's face as she is checking the baby's vital signs?
Essay Topic 1
In what way can Catherine be viewed as he prodigal daughter? Do you think this is an accurate description of her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Catherine's creation of music mirror the way she views her child? How does she feel about both? Does she love one more? Why or why not?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)