|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
2. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
3. Why does Catherine look at the nun's face as she is checking the baby's vital signs?
4. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
5. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
2. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
3. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
4. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
5. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
6. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
7. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
8. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
9. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
10. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What influence do you think Anna has had on Catherine's life? Why do you think she has had this influence?
Essay Topic 2
How does Postpartum depression affect Catherine? Do you think Catherine may have been depressed before she had the baby? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way can Catherine be viewed as he prodigal daughter? Do you think this is an accurate description of her? Why or why not?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)