|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
2. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
3. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
4. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
5. Why does Catherine teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
2. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
3. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
4. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
5. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
6. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
7. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
8. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
9. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
10. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way can Catherine be viewed as he prodigal daughter? Do you think this is an accurate description of her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Postpartum depression affect Catherine? Do you think Catherine may have been depressed before she had the baby? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Catherine go when she becomes overwhelmed by her parents' fighting? How does this relationship help Catherine?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)