|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
2. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
3. What does Catherine do after the funeral when they get back to the house?
4. What is Catherine surprised to see when she gets to town?
5. Catherine's mother accuses Catherine of what in regard to her mother's religious beliefs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mrs. MeKenna go when they come back from the funeral and what does she tell those that offer her condolences?
2. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
3. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
4. What was one of the things her first music teacher taught Catherine?
5. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
6. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
7. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
8. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
9. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
10. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Catherine's creation of music mirror the way she views her child? How does she feel about both? Does she love one more? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is Miss Bingham's real purpose in Catherine's life? How does Catherine repay Miss Bingham? Do you believe Catherine treats Miss Bingham well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Catherine go when she becomes overwhelmed by her parents' fighting? How does this relationship help Catherine?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)