|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the changes Catherine noticed to her house?
2. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
3. Who else in Catherine's family was depressed according to her mother?
4. How does Catherine's favorite composer respond when she asks him about music and influences?
5. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
2. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
3. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
4. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
5. How did Catherine feel about the drums and how did they make her feel?
6. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
7. How does Catherine's father look when she sees him again?
8. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
9. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
10. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Miss Bingham's real purpose in Catherine's life? How does Catherine repay Miss Bingham? Do you believe Catherine treats Miss Bingham well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Catherine get her love of music? Who shows her how to work with this love? How does this love help her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
In what way can Catherine be viewed as he prodigal daughter? Do you think this is an accurate description of her? Why or why not?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)