|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
2. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
3. Why does Catherine say that her music was in the newspaper?
4. What does Catherine tell Liz?
5. What happens when Catherine and Anna look at each other in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
2. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
3. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
4. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
5. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
6. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
7. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
8. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
9. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
10. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is one of the central tenants of Taoism? How is Taoism related to Catherine? How does it affect her beliefs about music?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Catherine isolated? Does she isolate herself? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Catherine get her love of music? Who shows her how to work with this love? How does this love help her throughout her life?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)