|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine tell her mother she is working on a mass?
2. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
3. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
4. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
5. What does Catherine's mother make her to calm her down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
2. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
3. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
4. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
5. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
6. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
7. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
8. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
9. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
10. Where does Mrs. MeKenna go when they come back from the funeral and what does she tell those that offer her condolences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Catherine see Ireland through the eyes of a child? In what ways does she see Ireland as if for the first time?
Essay Topic 2
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does Postpartum depression affect Catherine? Do you think Catherine may have been depressed before she had the baby? Why or why not?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)