|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Catherine's mother cry and repeat over and over?
2. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
3. Why does the idea of writing a mass intrigue Catherine?
4. What do Catherine and Geraldine have in common?
5. What does Catherine's mother say about her after learning she had a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
2. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
3. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
4. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
5. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
6. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
7. Why doesn't Catherine play very well when she is playing for Melnichuch and what is his response to her playing?
8. How does Catherine's father look when she sees him again?
9. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
10. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Catherine have to come to grips with her past? What steps does she take to make this happen? Do you think she took the right steps? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Catherine go when she becomes overwhelmed by her parents' fighting? How does this relationship help Catherine?
Essay Topic 3
What influence do you think Anna has had on Catherine's life? Why do you think she has had this influence?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)