Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine believe a composer does?
2. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
3. When Catherine and her mother go to meet her father at the train station when she was 11, what embarrassed her mother?
4. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
5. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
2. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
3. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
4. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
5. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
6. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
7. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
8. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
9. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
10. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Catherine's creation of music mirror the way she views her child? How does she feel about both? Does she love one more? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Catherine isolated? Does she isolate herself? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are Catherine's parents responsible for the separation between them? In what ways is Catherine responsible for the separation? Who do you believe is more to blame and why do you feel that way?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)