|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
2. What does Catherine think her father would have hated in the piece she played on the radio?
3. Why did Miss Bingham ride her bicycle?
4. Who is Catherine thinking about as she boards the plane?
5. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
2. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
3. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
4. What happens as Catherine plays a song she hasn't finished writing for Melnichuck?
5. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
6. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
7. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
8. How did Catherine feel about the drums and how did they make her feel?
9. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
10. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 2
For what does Catherine feel guilty? Is this guilt justified? Would you have handled things differently than Catherine did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Catherine focus on while she is in Ireland? Why do you think she focuses on this? Does this help or harm her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)