|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Catherine have a child?
2. What does Catherine decide to wear to her father's funeral?
3. How much was the prize when Catherine won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award for her Piano Trio?
4. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
5. Why does Catherine choose to conform when she is home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
2. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
3. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
4. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
5. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
6. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
7. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
8. Why is the pub closed?
9. How does Catherine's father look when she sees him again?
10. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Catherine have to come to grips with her past? What steps does she take to make this happen? Do you think she took the right steps? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is one of the central tenants of Taoism? How is Taoism related to Catherine? How does it affect her beliefs about music?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are Catherine's parents responsible for the separation between them? In what ways is Catherine responsible for the separation? Who do you believe is more to blame and why do you feel that way?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)