|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine surprised to see when she gets to town?
2. When Catherine and her mother go to meet her father at the train station when she was 11, what embarrassed her mother?
3. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
4. Where does Catherine go to view the body of her father?
5. How does Catherine's favorite composer respond when she asks him about music and influences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine remember about her father?
2. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
3. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
4. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
5. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
6. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
7. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
8. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
9. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
10. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Catherine feel when she tells her mother about Anna? How does Catherine's mother react? Why do you think she reacts this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Catherin show she is unsure and steady? In what ways does she show that she is ready to move forward?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Catherine isolated? Does she isolate herself? Why or why not?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)