|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
2. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
3. How long ago did Catherine have a child?
4. How does Anna get from the plane to her hometown?
5. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
2. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
3. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
4. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
5. Where does Mrs. MeKenna go when they come back from the funeral and what does she tell those that offer her condolences?
6. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
7. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
8. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
9. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
10. What question did Huang Xiao Gang ask Catherine and what does she remember him discussing about sound?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are Catherine's parents responsible for the separation between them? In what ways is Catherine responsible for the separation? Who do you believe is more to blame and why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Catherine isolated? Does she isolate herself? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Catherine go when she becomes overwhelmed by her parents' fighting? How does this relationship help Catherine?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)