|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
2. Why does Catherine tell her mother she is working on a mass?
3. What name does Catherine's mother cry and repeat over and over?
4. What kind of business did Catherine's father own?
5. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
2. What question did Huang Xiao Gang ask Catherine and what does she remember him discussing about sound?
3. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
4. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
5. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
6. Why is the pub closed?
7. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
8. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
9. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
10. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Catherine have to come to grips with her past? What steps does she take to make this happen? Do you think she took the right steps? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does Catherine focus on while she is in Ireland? Why do you think she focuses on this? Does this help or harm her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What influence do you think Anna has had on Catherine's life? Why do you think she has had this influence?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)