|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(a) Keep books.
(b) Write music.
2. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
(a) He wants to avoid fights.
(b) He doesn't have a car.
(c) He doesn't know how to drive.
(d) He wants to control her.
3. What does Dave tell Catherine when he meets her for the first time?
(a) He asks her to take a walk with him.
(b) He says she looks like she doesn't want to be there.
(c) He says she looks lost.
(d) He says she looks like a student.
4. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
(a) Conserved her virginity.
(b) Feast of Immaculate Conception.
(c) Patron saint of music.
(d) Had sexual intercourse.
5. How does Catherine describe her the song?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
2. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
3. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
4. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
5. What vow does Catherine make in regards to her daughter right after she is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
2. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
3. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
4. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
5. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
6. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
7. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
8. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
9. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
10. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)