|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Dave come to the hospital?
(a) He is angry with Catherine.
(b) He has no way to get to the hospital.
(c) He prefers to work.
(d) He doesn't care about his child.
2. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
(a) Squeezes her arm.
(b) Puts Catherine's head on her shoulder.
(c) Hugs her tight.
(d) Wipes the tears from her face.
3. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(a) Music Teacher.
4. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
(a) Being beaten by Dave.
(b) Caring for the baby.
(c) Anna's first birthday party plans.
(d) Having to do what Dave wants.
5. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Choirs singing.
(b) Drums pounding.
(c) Her father yelling.
(d) Her daughter crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
2. How does the doctor respond to Catherine's worries?
3. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
4. What happens when Catherine gets to the airport?
5. Why does Catherine hate winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
2. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
3. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
4. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
5. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
6. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
7. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
8. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
9. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
10. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)