|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Catherine remember her mother telling her was missing from the sign of Malone Place?
2. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She thought she was moving back home.
(b) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(c) She didn't know she was married.
(d) She knows it will impede her music career.
3. Where did Catherine and Liz spend most of their time when they were on the island for the weekend planning?
(a) On the beaches.
(b) In their rooms.
(c) In the pubs.
(d) Looking over the geography.
4. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(c) Keep books.
(d) Write music.
5. How does the doctor respond to Catherine's worries?
(a) He says that she needs to find help.
(b) He calls the police and child services.
(c) He tries to take Anna away from her.
(d) He says that her feelings are normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Catherine write this song for?
2. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
3. Why does Catherine hate winter?
4. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
5. Why does Catherine teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
2. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
3. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
4. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
5. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
6. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
7. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
8. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
9. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
10. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)