|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(a) Antique stores.
(d) Thrift stores.
2. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(a) Write music.
(c) Keep books.
3. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
(a) Damn her to hell.
(b) Pray for her soul.
(c) Go into a black rage.
(d) Welcome her back into her home.
4. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
(b) The pub.
(c) Her mother.
5. Why is Catherine leaving Dave?
(a) Because she doesn't love him.
(b) Because she wants to start a new part of her life.
(c) Because she found out Anna is not his.
(d) Because he keeps hitting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine get to the hospital?
2. What does Catherine want music to celebrate?
3. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
4. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
5. What does Liz say about Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
2. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
3. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
4. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
5. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
6. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
7. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
8. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
9. Why is Dave able to do work that the big boats cannot do?
10. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)