|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
(a) Caring for the baby.
(b) Being beaten by Dave.
(c) Anna's first birthday party plans.
(d) Having to do what Dave wants.
2. How does Catherine describe her the song?
3. Why does Catherine sound drunk?
(a) She is in so much pain from her contractions.
(b) She used alcohol to try and reduce the amount of pain she was in.
(c) She is having a stroke.
(d) The nurse gave her pain medication for her contractions.
4. What does putting pieces of music together remind Catherine of?
(a) Her childhood piano teacher.
(b) The way her father poured drinks.
(c) Her granny's handmade quilts.
(d) Her mother's cooking methods.
5. Why does Catherine wonder if she should pray?
(a) The nuns are not there to help her.
(b) She doesn't believe in God.
(c) Her father would think better of her.
(d) The pain is so intense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
2. What does Catherine give to the nurses to say thank you?
3. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
4. Who did Catherine write this song for?
5. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
2. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
3. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
4. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
5. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
6. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
7. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
8. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
9. Why is Dave able to do work that the big boats cannot do?
10. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)