|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liz say about Anna?
(a) She is gorgeous.
(b) She is very well behaved.
(c) She looks just like her father.
(d) She is a very happy baby.
2. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
(a) Mother will not bond with the baby.
(b) Baby will be unhealthy.
(c) Milk will dry up.
(d) Baby will be more likely to die.
3. What did Catherine do when she was a child and her parents fought?
(a) Go to Granny Boyd's.
(b) Try to make the fighting stop.
(c) Play her music louder.
(d) Hide in her room.
4. What does walking on the beach with Anna remind Catherine about in regards to her students?
(a) How writing music makes her feel.
(b) The time interval of the tides.
(c) What might happen if she gives up her music.
(d) The sound of the water beating the shore.
5. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(b) Anna is into too many different things.
(c) Dave is beating her up.
(d) She isn't being a good enough mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital?
2. What does the nurse put in Catherine's bath water?
3. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
4. What does Dave tell Catherine when he meets her for the first time?
5. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
2. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
3. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
4. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
5. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
6. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
7. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
8. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
9. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
10. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)