|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(b) Keep books.
(d) Write music.
2. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She knows it will impede her music career.
(b) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(c) She didn't know she was married.
(d) She thought she was moving back home.
4. Why does Catherine hate winter?
(a) It reminds her of her mother and father.
(b) She cannot get outside as much.
(c) The lack of sunshine depresses her.
(d) Dave seems to always be drunk.
5. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
(a) Rotten Row.
(b) Rounds of the Kitchen.
(c) Three Blind MIce.
(d) Old MacDonald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
2. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
3. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
4. Why is Catherine crying during the playing of her music?
5. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
2. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
3. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
4. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
5. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
6. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
7. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
8. What would Catherine do when her parents would fight?
9. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
10. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)