|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(a) Music Teacher.
2. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
(a) Taps her foot nervously.
(b) Reads the program.
(c) Hides in the bathroom.
(d) Talks to Liz nonstop.
3. What trick did Catherine's mother tell her about that might help her sleep?
(a) Rocking slowly.
(b) Drinking hot milk.
(c) Taking a hot bath.
(d) Lying down listening to slow music.
4. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
5. Why is Catherine leaving Dave?
(a) Because she doesn't love him.
(b) Because she wants to start a new part of her life.
(c) Because she found out Anna is not his.
(d) Because he keeps hitting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine give to the nurses to say thank you?
2. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
3. Why does Catherine wonder if she should pray?
4. What letter does Catherine remember her mother telling her was missing from the sign of Malone Place?
5. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
2. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
3. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
4. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
5. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
6. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
7. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
8. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
9. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
10. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)