|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(a) Hung Xiao.
(b) Her music teacher.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. Where is Dave when Catherine packs up all of her things?
(a) Out shopping for food.
(b) At the pub.
(c) Clinic on the mainland.
(d) Diving in the water.
4. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
(a) Conserved her virginity.
(b) Had sexual intercourse.
(c) Feast of Immaculate Conception.
(d) Patron saint of music.
5. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They give polite applause.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They are stunned in silence.
(d) They like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
2. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
3. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
4. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
5. What vow does Catherine make in regards to her daughter right after she is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
2. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
3. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
4. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
5. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
6. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
7. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
8. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
9. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
10. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)