|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
(a) She is tired all of the time.
(b) She has given birth to a child.
(c) She has stretch marks.
(d) She is heavier than she used to be.
2. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(b) She knows it will impede her music career.
(c) She didn't know she was married.
(d) She thought she was moving back home.
3. Why does Catherine teach?
(a) Because Dave cannot work in the winter.
(b) Because she needs to have someone try out her music.
(c) Because she loves helping the students.
(d) Because it is the only money she earns.
4. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
(a) She has her continue to walk.
(b) She rubs her back and tells her to relax.
(c) She gives her a shot.
(d) She rubs her hand.
5. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine get to the plane?
2. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
3. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
4. What does the nurse put in Catherine's bath water?
5. Why does Catherine hate winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
2. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
3. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
4. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
5. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
6. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
7. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
8. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
9. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
10. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)