|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vow does Catherine make in regards to her daughter right after she is born?
(a) To ensure she will always have the best.
(b) To always protect her.
(c) To always love her.
(d) To be a better parent than her parents were.
2. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
(a) A drum beat steady and true like a heart beat.
(b) Breathing rhythm in three-note sequence.
(c) The breathing and panting required in labor.
(d) A sequence of highs and lows like life.
3. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Her father yelling.
(b) Drums pounding.
(c) Choirs singing.
(d) Her daughter crying.
4. What do Catherine and Dave fight about constantly?
(a) Her music.
(b) His drinking.
(c) Her parents.
5. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) Dave is beating her up.
(b) Anna is into too many different things.
(c) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(d) She isn't being a good enough mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
2. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
3. What does Catherine give to the nurses to say thank you?
4. How does Catherine describe her the song?
5. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
2. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
3. Why is Dave able to do work that the big boats cannot do?
4. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
5. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
6. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
7. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
8. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
9. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
10. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)