|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
(a) Her pain is much worse.
(b) The sound of the engine changes.
(c) She doesn't want to be left alone.
(d) She isn't sure what to do next.
2. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
(a) Rounds of the Kitchen.
(b) Three Blind MIce.
(c) Rotten Row.
(d) Old MacDonald.
3. Where is Dave when Catherine packs up all of her things?
(a) Diving in the water.
(b) At the pub.
(c) Clinic on the mainland.
(d) Out shopping for food.
4. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
5. What does Catherine remember that a teacher once told her all lullabies were about?
(a) The birth of children.
(b) The death of a child.
(c) The need for safety.
(d) The problems with the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine teach?
2. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
3. Who did Catherine write this song for?
4. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
5. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
2. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
3. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
4. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
5. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
6. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
7. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
8. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
9. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
10. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)