|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine remember that a teacher once told her all lullabies were about?
(a) The problems with the world.
(b) The need for safety.
(c) The death of a child.
(d) The birth of children.
2. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
(a) Rounds of the Kitchen.
(b) Three Blind MIce.
(c) Rotten Row.
(d) Old MacDonald.
3. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(d) Dining room set.
4. What do the breathing strategies the nurse wants Catherine to use during labor remind her of?
(a) A fine concert.
(b) Practicing her scales.
(c) Vocal exercise with Xiao Gang.
(d) Arguments she and her father had in the past.
5. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
2. What letter does Catherine remember her mother telling her was missing from the sign of Malone Place?
3. Why aren't Catherine and Liz able to study the geography of the island?
4. Why does Catherine think Janet is making small talk with Catherine?
5. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
2. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
3. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
4. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
5. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
6. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
7. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
8. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
9. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
10. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)