|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the breathing strategies the nurse wants Catherine to use during labor remind her of?
(a) Vocal exercise with Xiao Gang.
(b) A fine concert.
(c) Practicing her scales.
(d) Arguments she and her father had in the past.
2. Why is Catherine crying during the playing of her music?
(a) She is so very proud of her accomplishment.
(b) She has found her faith.
(c) She wants to leave the hall.
(d) She knows she is giving everything up.
3. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
(a) A drum beat steady and true like a heart beat.
(b) The breathing and panting required in labor.
(c) Breathing rhythm in three-note sequence.
(d) A sequence of highs and lows like life.
4. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
5. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
(a) Wipes the tears from her face.
(b) Hugs her tight.
(c) Puts Catherine's head on her shoulder.
(d) Squeezes her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Catherine write this song for?
2. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
3. What does the nurse assure Catherine?
4. What happens when Catherine gets to the airport?
5. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
2. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
3. What happens when Catherine and Cranny are sewing or making hot water for tea?
4. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
5. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
6. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
7. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
8. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
9. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
10. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)