|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
(a) Rosary beads.
(b) New piano.
(c) Ticket to see Santa Claus.
(d) New Marian Missal.
2. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
(a) The tuning of the piano.
(b) David's inconsistent work.
(c) Mood swings.
(d) Her teaching schedule.
3. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The pub.
4. Why does Catherine think Janet is making small talk with Catherine?
(a) To find out why no one is there with her.
(b) To learn about her history.
(c) To help her keep an open mind.
(d) To keep her mind occupied.
5. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
(a) Having help with Anna.
(b) Being pampered by them.
(c) Having someone to talk to.
(d) Being able to sleep sometimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
2. What does the nurse put in Catherine's bath water?
3. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
4. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
5. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
2. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
3. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
4. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
5. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
6. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
7. How are the people at Rotten Row and what does Catherine decide to do about it?
8. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
9. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
10. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)