|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
2. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
3. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
(a) How fragile she is.
(b) How calm she is.
(c) How much she sleeps.
(d) How dependent she is.
4. Why is Catherine crying during the playing of her music?
(a) She knows she is giving everything up.
(b) She is so very proud of her accomplishment.
(c) She has found her faith.
(d) She wants to leave the hall.
5. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
(a) A cloud watching excursion.
(b) A concert under the stars.
(c) A vacation to the beach.
(d) A geography field trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do for a living?
2. Why doesn't Catherine take the rides offered at the airport from two different people?
3. Why does Catherine wonder if she should pray?
4. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
5. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
2. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
3. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
4. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
5. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
6. How does Catherine say she feels throughout her pregnancy?
7. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
8. What does Catherine hear when the midwife is delivering her child?
9. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
10. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)