|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true about Part 2 of this novel?
(a) It takes place in the future.
(b) It involves only characters not in part one.
(c) It takes place in the past.
(d) It involves flashbacks and flash forwards.
2. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
(a) A sequence of highs and lows like life.
(b) Breathing rhythm in three-note sequence.
(c) The breathing and panting required in labor.
(d) A drum beat steady and true like a heart beat.
3. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. What is the name of the hospital?
(a) Horrible Hospital.
(b) Rotten Row.
(c) Corupted Corral.
(d) Terrible Trouble.
5. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
(a) Being pampered by them.
(b) Having help with Anna.
(c) Being able to sleep sometimes.
(d) Having someone to talk to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
2. How does Catherine get to the plane?
3. What does Catherine want music to celebrate?
4. How does Catherine find Anna to be?
5. Why does Catherine hate winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Catherine and Cranny are sewing or making hot water for tea?
2. What does Catherine realize she is doing when she hears herself talking about how lovely her daughter is?
3. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
4. Why is Dave able to do work that the big boats cannot do?
5. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
6. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
7. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
8. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
9. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
10. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)