|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Her father yelling.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Drums pounding.
(d) Her daughter crying.
2. How does Catherine get to the hospital?
(a) Ambulance plane.
(b) David takes her.
(d) In the doctor's car.
3. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
(a) A geography field trip.
(b) A cloud watching excursion.
(c) A concert under the stars.
(d) A vacation to the beach.
5. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Catherine packs up all of her things?
(a) She was being kicked out by Dave.
(b) She doesn't want Dave to benefit from anything she leaves behind.
(c) They hold too many memories that she doesn't want to lose.
(d) She can't bear to abandon anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
2. Where does Catherine's father think she is?
3. Why is Catherine leaving Dave?
4. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
5. Why does Catherine hate winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
2. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
3. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
4. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
5. What excuse does Dave give to Catherine for not coming to see her and Anna in the hospital?
6. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
7. What does Catherine learn about St. Cecilia and how does it affect her?
8. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
9. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
10. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)