|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Catherine and Liz spend most of their time when they were on the island for the weekend planning?
(a) On the beaches.
(b) In the pubs.
(c) Looking over the geography.
(d) In their rooms.
2. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
(a) The need for celebration.
(b) The God-part of Jesus.
(c) The human-part of Jesus.
(d) The idea that life is a miracle.
3. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
4. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Her father yelling.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Drums pounding.
(d) Her daughter crying.
5. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
2. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
3. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
4. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
5. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
2. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
3. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
4. What happens when Catherine and Cranny are sewing or making hot water for tea?
5. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
6. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
7. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
8. What does Catherine remember her mother telling her about Catherine's birth?
9. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
10. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)