|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
2. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her music teacher.
(d) Hung Xiao.
4. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(d) Music Teacher.
5. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They are stunned in silence.
(b) They like it.
(c) They give polite applause.
(d) They dislike it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dave come to the hospital?
2. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
3. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
4. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
5. What does Catherine give to the nurses to say thank you?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
2. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
3. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
4. Why is Dave able to do work that the big boats cannot do?
5. What would Catherine do when her parents would fight?
6. What happens when Catherine and Cranny are sewing or making hot water for tea?
7. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
8. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
9. Why does Catherine decide she shouldn't pray to God?
10. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)