|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Catherine have a child?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
2. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
(a) She lost her key.
(b) She doesn't want to wake Anna.
(c) She can't get to her key.
(d) She can't think straight.
3. What does Catherine decide will save her?
(a) Her positive thoughts.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her mother.
4. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
(b) New York.
5. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
(b) Excellent musicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Miss Bingham play the piano anymore?
2. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
3. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
4. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
5. What does Catherine do after the funeral when they get back to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
2. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
3. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
4. Why is the pub closed?
5. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
6. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
7. Where does Mrs. MeKenna go when they come back from the funeral and what does she tell those that offer her condolences?
8. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
9. What was one of the things her first music teacher taught Catherine?
10. What does Catherine remember about her father?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)