|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
(a) Pill bottles on the counter.
(b) Book about depression.
(c) Note from her father.
(d) Picture of the little girl.
2. What do Catherine and Geraldine have in common?
(a) They both are single.
(b) They both live in a pub.
(c) They both like to do hair.
(d) They both lost their father.
3. What does Catherine's father think the drumming is?
(a) A lot of noise.
(c) The same as bells.
(d) A revelation.
4. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
(a) The desire to listen to music.
(b) The need to be in bed.
(c) The desire to hear Buchner.
(d) The need to write.
5. How old was Catherine when she started taking piano lessons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Catherine suffer from?
2. How does Miss Bingham feel about Catherine?
3. How does Catherine's mother want to walk home?
4. How does Catherine's favorite composer respond when she asks him about music and influences?
5. What did Catherine have to do after she got caught lying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
2. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
3. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
4. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
5. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
6. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
7. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
8. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
9. What was one of the things her first music teacher taught Catherine?
10. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)