|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things that Huang told Catherine that all compositions must have?
2. Who else in Catherine's family was depressed according to her mother?
3. What kind of business did Catherine's father own?
(d) Music studio.
4. What does Catherine ask before she agrees to play the organ at the formal services for her father the next day?
(a) If he has the music already picked out.
(b) If there is someone else to do it.
(c) If it is the same organ from her childhood.
(d) If there will be a lot of people there.
5. How does Catherine decide to head home from the airport?
(c) Anna's father picks her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine say that her music was in the newspaper?
2. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
3. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
4. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
5. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
2. What does Catherine remember about her father?
3. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
4. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
5. Where does Mrs. MeKenna go when they come back from the funeral and what does she tell those that offer her condolences?
6. What did Catherine play for her mother and how did her mother react?
7. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
8. Why is the pub closed?
9. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
10. Why doesn't Catherine play very well when she is playing for Melnichuch and what is his response to her playing?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)