|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things that Huang told Catherine that all compositions must have?
2. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
(a) Concerts in Belfast.
(b) Tea parties in Belgrade.
(c) Scotland for recitals.
(d) London for plays.
3. What does Catherine say to her mother when she sees her for the first time?
(a) She is angry she wasn't notified sooner.
(b) She can't speak and only cries.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She asks what happened.
4. What kind of thoughts does Catherine try to control on the ride to see Anna?
5. Why does Catherine's mother want them to go to the graveyard the day after her father was buried?
(a) She wants to gather up the cards.
(b) She said they didn't have a chance to pray because too much was going on.
(c) She cannot let go and needs to visit him.
(d) She needs to check and maker sure that things are okay with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
2. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
3. What does Catherine's mother make her to calm her down?
4. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
5. How does Catherine's mother want to walk home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
2. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
3. Why is the pub closed?
4. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
5. What happens as Catherine plays a song she hasn't finished writing for Melnichuck?
6. Why doesn't Catherine play very well when she is playing for Melnichuch and what is his response to her playing?
7. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
8. What was one of the things her first music teacher taught Catherine?
9. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
10. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)