|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine take with her when she goes to take a nap?
(a) A hot water bottle.
(b) A picture of Anna.
(c) A sheet of music.
(d) Her father's shirt.
2. What disease does Catherine suffer from?
(c) Acid reflux.
3. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
(c) Excellent musicians.
4. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
(a) The desire to hear Buchner.
(b) The need to be in bed.
(c) The need to write.
(d) The desire to listen to music.
5. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
(a) Note from her father.
(b) Pill bottles on the counter.
(c) Book about depression.
(d) Picture of the little girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine decide to head home from the airport?
2. What does Catherine's mother say that she has become?
3. Why did Miss Bingham ride her bicycle?
4. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
5. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
2. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
3. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
4. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
5. What does Catherine remember about her father?
6. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
7. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
8. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
9. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
10. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)