|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) Her mother and how she will move on.
(b) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
(c) How she will do playing the organ.
(d) Her father and how much she misses him.
2. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
(a) She has stopped smoking.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She has emphysema.
(d) She has a nervous tic.
3. Why does the idea of writing a mass intrigue Catherine?
(a) It involves numerous instruments.
(b) It would be the longest piece she has written.
(c) It is like speaking to God.
(d) So few are written by women.
4. Which of the following was one of the changes Catherine noticed to her house?
(a) The piano has been removed.
(b) They have added on an extra room.
(c) There are now CDs and a CD player.
(d) There is new furniture in all of the rooms.
5. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
(a) A Latin mass.
(b) A voice piece.
(c) A Catholic mass.
(d) A drum piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's mother say about her after learning she had a child?
2. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
3. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
4. Why can't Miss Bingham play the piano anymore?
5. What does Catherine tell Liz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of the things her first music teacher taught Catherine?
2. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
3. How does Catherine's father look when she sees him again?
4. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
5. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
6. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
7. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
8. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
9. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
10. What did Catherine play for her mother and how did her mother react?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)