Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine believe a composer does?
(a) Plays with various notes.
(b) Tweaks notes to see which is the best.
(c) Hears the thing and writes it down.
(d) Hums the music and has someone else record it.
2. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
(a) Play for him.
(b) Write him a piece of music.
(c) Read to him.
(d) Stay at his home.
3. When Catherine and her mother go to meet her father at the train station when she was 11, what embarrassed her mother?
(a) His public displays of affection.
(b) His constant loud complaining of other people.
(c) His drunken behavior.
(d) His cussing.
4. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
(d) Electric shock therapy.
5. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Make the potatoes.
(b) Make the gravy.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Make the placemats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of depression does Catherine confess to her mother she has?
2. How did Miss Bingham describe Catherine's work?
3. What was Catherine's father disappointed to miss that he received many phone calls about?
4. Where is Catherine's home now?
5. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
2. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
3. What does Catherine remember one of her music teachers saying about lullabies?
4. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
5. How does Catherine relax while she is experiencing the labor pains?
6. What does Catherine think about when she can't get to sleep for a long time?
7. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
8. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
9. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
10. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)