|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine think about when she watches and hears the dirt being thrown on her father's coffin?
(a) The first time she played the piano for her father.
(b) How her mother and father loved each other.
(c) A Christmas Eve when she was 11.
(d) When she first moved out of her parents home.
2. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
3. Why does Catherine throw away the note she found?
(a) Because she doesn't want her mother to see it.
(b) Because it is reminding her father to meet someone on an unidentified Tuesday.
(c) Because it brings back too many bad memories.
(d) Because she can't read the writing on it.
4. What do Catherine and her mother talk about as they drink brandy?
(a) Talk about Anna.
(b) Talk about Catherine's life away from home.
(c) Talk about her father.
(d) Talk about the changes to the house.
5. How did Catherine's father die?
(a) Cancer that slowly took his life.
(b) A massive heart attack in the pub.
(c) A pneumonia like illness in the hospital.
(d) A stroke in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Liz?
2. How old is Anna?
3. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
4. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
5. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
2. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
3. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
4. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
5. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
6. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
7. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
8. Why is the pub closed?
9. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
10. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)