|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine have to do after she got caught lying?
(a) Clean the entire house.
(b) Write an apology letter.
(c) Go to confession.
(d) Work in the pub for a month.
2. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
(b) New York.
3. How does Catherine feel when she looks down at Anna?
4. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
(a) The church to go to confession.
(b) Her father's grave.
(c) A store to buy some chocolates.
(d) To try once again to talk to her mother.
5. What does Catherine's mother say that she has become?
(a) A proper lady.
(b) A disappointment.
(d) A heathen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Catherine have a child?
2. How much was the prize when Catherine won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award for her Piano Trio?
3. When they get back to the pub after the funeral, what is Catherine overwhelmed with a desire to do?
4. What does Catherine's mother make her to calm her down?
5. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
2. How does Catherine describe Dave's work and how does she feel about it?
3. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
4. What names had Catherine and Dave chosen for their child?
5. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
6. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
7. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
8. How does Catherine's father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas and how does Catherine react to him?
9. What does Catherine realize about the celebration of birth through music?
10. What comparison does Catherine make between the suckling of a baby and her music?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)