|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Catherine's home now?
(b) New York.
2. When they get back to the pub after the funeral, what is Catherine overwhelmed with a desire to do?
3. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
(a) A boy.
(b) Skipping school.
4. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
(a) Take in laundry.
(b) Sell chips.
(c) Rent out an apartment.
(d) Sell souvenirs to tourists.
5. What does Catherine look for as she rides through her hometown?
(a) Drumming contests.
(b) Familiar landmarks.
(c) People that she knows.
(d) The home she grew up in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
2. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
3. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
4. What does Catherine's mother say that she has become?
5. What does Liz tell Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine's father look when she sees him again?
2. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
3. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
4. Why is the pub closed?
5. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
6. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
7. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
8. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
9. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
10. What did Catherine play for her mother and how did her mother react?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)