|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Bingham get her only comfort?
2. What does Catherine say to her mother when she sees her for the first time?
(a) She asks what happened.
(b) She is angry she wasn't notified sooner.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She can't speak and only cries.
3. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
(a) She can't get to her key.
(b) She lost her key.
(c) She doesn't want to wake Anna.
(d) She can't think straight.
4. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
(a) Note from her father.
(b) Pill bottles on the counter.
(c) Book about depression.
(d) Picture of the little girl.
5. Where is Catherine's home now?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine think about when she watches and hears the dirt being thrown on her father's coffin?
2. What does Catherine ask before she agrees to play the organ at the formal services for her father the next day?
3. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
4. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
5. What was Catherine's father disappointed to miss that he received many phone calls about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
2. How did Catherine feel about the drums and how did they make her feel?
3. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
4. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
5. What happens as Catherine plays a song she hasn't finished writing for Melnichuck?
6. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
7. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
8. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
9. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
10. Why does Geraldine think she and Catherine are single?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)