|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the main character going to Ireland?
(a) To play a concert.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) To visit her new nephew.
(d) Her father's funeral.
2. How does Catherine's favorite composer respond when she asks him about music and influences?
(b) I don't understand.
3. Which of the following was one of the changes Catherine noticed to her house?
(a) There is new furniture in all of the rooms.
(b) They have added on an extra room.
(c) The piano has been removed.
(d) There are now CDs and a CD player.
4. How old was Catherine when she started taking piano lessons?
5. What does Catherine think about when she watches and hears the dirt being thrown on her father's coffin?
(a) When she first moved out of her parents home.
(b) A Christmas Eve when she was 11.
(c) How her mother and father loved each other.
(d) The first time she played the piano for her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
2. How old is Anna?
3. What do Catherine and Geraldine have in common?
4. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
5. What does Liz tell Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
2. What does Catherine's Granny say is terrible and what must it be worse than?
3. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
4. Who takes Catherine to the ambulance and what does he tell her about the hospital?
5. What does Catherine remember about her father?
6. What does Catherine want to tell her mother after giving birth to Anna?
7. What question did Huang Xiao Gang ask Catherine and what does she remember him discussing about sound?
8. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
9. What happens in regards to Catherine's contractions and what do the sisters tell her to do?
10. How does Catherine feel the day she leaves the hospital?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)