|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
(a) The audience.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The violinist.
(d) The pianist.
2. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
(a) Excellent musicians.
3. What does Catherine think her father would have hated in the piece she played on the radio?
(a) The drums.
(b) The speed.
(c) The accompaniment.
(d) The length.
4. What does Catherine's mother say about her after learning she had a child?
(a) She is dirty.
(b) She is dishonest.
(c) She is a heathen.
(d) She is unclean.
5. Why does Catherine say that her music was in the newspaper?
(a) Because she is a Roman Catholic using Protestant drums.
(b) Because she is an unmarried pregnant woman.
(c) Because she is a woman in a man's world.
(d) Because she has been very fortunate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine go to view the body of her father?
2. What does Catherine's mother make her to calm her down?
3. How does Miss Bingham feel about Catherine?
4. What does Catherine look for as she rides through her hometown?
5. Why does the idea of writing a mass intrigue Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
2. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
3. What question did Huang Xiao Gang ask Catherine and what does she remember him discussing about sound?
4. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
5. How did Catherine feel about the drums and how did they make her feel?
6. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
7. Why doesn't Catherine play very well when she is playing for Melnichuch and what is his response to her playing?
8. What did Catherine play for her mother and how did her mother react?
9. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
10. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)