|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
(a) He falls asleep in the chair.
(b) His dog tries to mount her.
(c) His wife faints and has to be taken away.
(d) He interrupts her.
2. What do Catherine and her mother talk about as they drink brandy?
(a) Talk about Anna.
(b) Talk about Catherine's life away from home.
(c) Talk about the changes to the house.
(d) Talk about her father.
3. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
(a) A drum piece.
(b) A voice piece.
(c) A Latin mass.
(d) A Catholic mass.
4. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
(a) Electric shock therapy.
5. How long ago did Catherine have a child?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Catherine and Geraldine have in common?
2. What does Catherine think her father would have hated in the piece she played on the radio?
3. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
4. What does Catherine decide to wear to her father's funeral?
5. What disease does Catherine suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
2. What happened to Catherine when she was a child and had the flu?
3. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
4. Why is the pub closed?
5. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
6. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
7. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
8. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
9. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
10. What did Catherine play for her mother and how did her mother react?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)