|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Catherine and Anna look at each other in the mirror?
(a) They both laugh.
(b) They both cry.
(c) They both make faces.
(d) They both smile.
2. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
(d) Electric shock therapy.
3. Why does Catherine throw away the note she found?
(a) Because she doesn't want her mother to see it.
(b) Because it is reminding her father to meet someone on an unidentified Tuesday.
(c) Because she can't read the writing on it.
(d) Because it brings back too many bad memories.
4. What did Catherine have to do after she got caught lying?
(a) Clean the entire house.
(b) Write an apology letter.
(c) Go to confession.
(d) Work in the pub for a month.
5. Why is the main character going to Ireland?
(a) To visit her new nephew.
(b) To play a concert.
(c) Her father's funeral.
(d) For a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Catherine realize died and received a military grave while she was in Scotland?
2. What does Catherine think her father would have hated in the piece she played on the radio?
3. What are grace notes according to this novel?
4. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
5. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liz almost quiz Catherine about and why?
2. What does Catherine remember happening between her and her parents and what does she do because of it during her postgraduate year in Glasgow?
3. What does Catherine realize will happen the longer she lives without telling her parents about her child?
4. What is Catherine working on that she remembered learning from her Granny Boyd.
5. What is Catherine given as a reward for passing her qualifying exam?
6. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
7. How did the salt shaker get a crease in it?
8. How does Catherine wake up from her nap in the spare room?
9. What does Catherine tell Liz was the reason for her phone call?
10. How does Catherine's father look when she sees him again?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)