|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things that Huang told Catherine that all compositions must have?
2. What does Catherine say to her mother when she sees her for the first time?
(a) She is angry she wasn't notified sooner.
(b) She asks what happened.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She can't speak and only cries.
3. What kind of thoughts does Catherine try to control on the ride to see Anna?
4. Where does Catherine go to view the body of her father?
(a) Her parents' bedroom.
(b) To the main floor of the pub.
(c) Her childhood bedroom.
(d) Down to the funeral home.
5. What does Catherine think the drumming is?
(a) The same as bells.
(c) A revelation.
(d) A lot of noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
2. How does Catherine decide to head home from the airport?
3. What are grace notes according to this novel?
4. How much was the prize when Catherine won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award for her Piano Trio?
5. How does Miss Bingham feel about Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
2. What does Catherine think had been improving until this situation and what did her doctor tell her about it?
3. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
4. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
5. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
6. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
7. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
8. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
9. How did Catherine react to the praise she received from Lemberg when she won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award?
10. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)