|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Stay at his home.
(c) Write him a piece of music.
(d) Play for him.
2. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
(a) A voice piece.
(b) A drum piece.
(c) A Latin mass.
(d) A Catholic mass.
3. Why does Catherine tell her mother she is working on a mass?
(a) Because of the structure and form of it.
(b) Because of the religious significance.
(c) Because of her depression.
(d) Because of her father's death.
4. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
(a) She has stopped smoking.
(b) She has a nervous tic.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has emphysema.
5. How does Miss Bingham feel about Catherine?
(a) She is proud of her.
(b) She is surprised by her.
(c) She is ashamed of her.
(d) She is disappointed in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine think about when she watches and hears the dirt being thrown on her father's coffin?
2. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
3. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
4. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
5. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Catherine and her mother see at the grave site when they go to visit?
2. What does Catherine remember Huang as being able to get away with?
3. Where does Mrs. MeKenna go when they come back from the funeral and what does she tell those that offer her condolences?
4. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
5. How does Paddy comfort Catherine and how does she know him?
6. What does Catherine notice as she enters the living quarters above the pub?
7. What happens as Catherine plays a song she hasn't finished writing for Melnichuck?
8. How did Catherine feel about the drums and how did they make her feel?
9. What was one of the things her first music teacher taught Catherine?
10. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)