|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
2. How does Catherine feel when she looks down at Anna?
3. What name does Catherine's mother cry and repeat over and over?
4. What does Catherine think the drumming is?
(a) A revelation.
(b) A lot of noise.
(c) The same as bells.
5. What is Catherine surprised to see when she gets to town?
(a) A theater that the Orangemen play in.
(b) A statue of her father.
(c) A Chinese restaurant and police barracks.
(d) New housing developments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine's mother want to walk home?
2. Why does the idea of writing a mass intrigue Catherine?
3. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
4. What does Catherine tell Liz?
5. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
2. What does Catherine remember that her father taught her and how did it make her feel?
3. What does Catherine remember about her father?
4. When did the salt shaker at Catherine's home get a crease in it?
5. What does Catherine remember about her teachers and classmates?
6. What does the young priest who performed Catherine's father's ceremony ask her?
7. What excuse does Catherine offer on the walk home when her mother asks what is wrong?
8. What happens as Catherine plays a song she hasn't finished writing for Melnichuck?
9. Why does Catherine decide she can't wear jeans to her father's funeral?
10. When Catherine and her mother go to pick up her father at the train station and he is drunk, how does Catherine feel?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)