|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catherine and Dave fight about constantly?
(a) His drinking.
(b) Her parents.
(d) Her music.
2. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
3. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
(a) She rubs her hand.
(b) She rubs her back and tells her to relax.
(c) She gives her a shot.
(d) She has her continue to walk.
4. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
(a) Having to do what Dave wants.
(b) Anna's first birthday party plans.
(c) Being beaten by Dave.
(d) Caring for the baby.
5. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
6. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
(a) She is tired of fighting.
(b) She won a scholarship.
(c) She doesn't want to talk to them anymore.
(d) She has to work to pay for school.
7. How does her father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas?
(a) He says that he is relieved.
(b) He stops talking to her.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He hands the phone to her mother.
8. Why does Catherine think Janet is making small talk with Catherine?
(a) To keep her mind occupied.
(b) To help her keep an open mind.
(c) To learn about her history.
(d) To find out why no one is there with her.
9. Why doesn't Catherine take the rides offered at the airport from two different people?
(a) She is lost and confused.
(b) She wants to do things herself.
(c) She is waiting for Liz.
(d) She is waiting for Dave.
10. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(a) Dining room set.
11. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(b) Keep books.
(c) Write music.
12. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
(a) Baby will be unhealthy.
(b) Mother will not bond with the baby.
(c) Baby will be more likely to die.
(d) Milk will dry up.
13. Why does Catherine teach?
(a) Because she loves helping the students.
(b) Because Dave cannot work in the winter.
(c) Because it is the only money she earns.
(d) Because she needs to have someone try out her music.
14. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) Dave is beating her up.
(b) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(c) She isn't being a good enough mother.
(d) Anna is into too many different things.
15. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(d) Music Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
2. Who did Catherine write this song for?
3. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
4. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
5. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)