|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
(a) In a new apartment.
(b) In with her music instructors.
(c) In with her parents.
(d) In with Liz.
2. What will Catherine get to join if she finishes Vernicle?
(a) Performing Rights Society.
(b) Church of Scotland.
(c) College faculty.
(d) European Broadcasting Union.
3. Why does Catherine think Janet is making small talk with Catherine?
(a) To find out why no one is there with her.
(b) To learn about her history.
(c) To help her keep an open mind.
(d) To keep her mind occupied.
4. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
(a) Reads the program.
(b) Hides in the bathroom.
(c) Talks to Liz nonstop.
(d) Taps her foot nervously.
5. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
(a) Pray for her soul.
(b) Damn her to hell.
(c) Go into a black rage.
(d) Welcome her back into her home.
6. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Catherine packs up all of her things?
(a) She doesn't want Dave to benefit from anything she leaves behind.
(b) She can't bear to abandon anything.
(c) She was being kicked out by Dave.
(d) They hold too many memories that she doesn't want to lose.
7. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She knows it will impede her music career.
(b) She thought she was moving back home.
(c) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(d) She didn't know she was married.
8. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(a) Thrift stores.
(c) Antique stores.
9. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(c) Dining room set.
10. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
(a) Rosary beads.
(b) Ticket to see Santa Claus.
(c) New piano.
(d) New Marian Missal.
11. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Choirs singing.
(b) Her daughter crying.
(c) Her father yelling.
(d) Drums pounding.
12. Where did Catherine and Liz spend most of their time when they were on the island for the weekend planning?
(a) In their rooms.
(b) On the beaches.
(c) In the pubs.
(d) Looking over the geography.
13. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
14. What does putting pieces of music together remind Catherine of?
(a) Her granny's handmade quilts.
(b) Her childhood piano teacher.
(c) The way her father poured drinks.
(d) Her mother's cooking methods.
15. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(b) Keep books.
(c) Write music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
2. Where is Dave when Catherine packs up all of her things?
3. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
4. Why is Catherine leaving Dave?
5. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)