|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does her father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas?
(a) He hands the phone to her mother.
(b) He says that he is relieved.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He stops talking to her.
2. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(a) Dining room set.
3. Why does Catherine sound drunk?
(a) The nurse gave her pain medication for her contractions.
(b) She is in so much pain from her contractions.
(c) She is having a stroke.
(d) She used alcohol to try and reduce the amount of pain she was in.
4. How does Catherine find Anna to be?
5. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
(a) He doesn't know how to drive.
(b) He doesn't have a car.
(c) He wants to avoid fights.
(d) He wants to control her.
6. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
(a) How calm she is.
(b) How dependent she is.
(c) How fragile she is.
(d) How much she sleeps.
7. How does the doctor respond to Catherine's worries?
(a) He says that she needs to find help.
(b) He calls the police and child services.
(c) He tries to take Anna away from her.
(d) He says that her feelings are normal.
8. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
(a) A geography field trip.
(b) A vacation to the beach.
(c) A cloud watching excursion.
(d) A concert under the stars.
9. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
(a) She doesn't want to talk to them anymore.
(b) She has to work to pay for school.
(c) She won a scholarship.
(d) She is tired of fighting.
10. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Drums pounding.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Her daughter crying.
(d) Her father yelling.
11. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
(a) She isn't sure what to do next.
(b) Her pain is much worse.
(c) She doesn't want to be left alone.
(d) The sound of the engine changes.
12. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She knows it will impede her music career.
(b) She thought she was moving back home.
(c) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(d) She didn't know she was married.
13. Why does Catherine teach?
(a) Because Dave cannot work in the winter.
(b) Because she loves helping the students.
(c) Because she needs to have someone try out her music.
(d) Because it is the only money she earns.
14. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They give polite applause.
(c) They are stunned in silence.
(d) They like it.
15. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(a) Write music.
(d) Keep books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine get to the plane?
2. Where did Catherine and Liz spend most of their time when they were on the island for the weekend planning?
3. What does the nurse assure Catherine?
4. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
5. What does Catherine want music to celebrate?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)