|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
(a) Rosary beads.
(b) New piano.
(c) New Marian Missal.
(d) Ticket to see Santa Claus.
2. How does Catherine get to the plane?
(a) The nurse takes her.
(b) Liz drives her.
(c) Dave drives her.
3. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
(a) Hides in the bathroom.
(b) Reads the program.
(c) Talks to Liz nonstop.
(d) Taps her foot nervously.
4. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
(a) She has to work to pay for school.
(b) She won a scholarship.
(c) She is tired of fighting.
(d) She doesn't want to talk to them anymore.
5. What vow does Catherine make in regards to her daughter right after she is born?
(a) To ensure she will always have the best.
(b) To always protect her.
(c) To always love her.
(d) To be a better parent than her parents were.
6. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
(a) Having someone to talk to.
(b) Having help with Anna.
(c) Being pampered by them.
(d) Being able to sleep sometimes.
7. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
(a) How dependent she is.
(b) How much she sleeps.
(c) How calm she is.
(d) How fragile she is.
8. Why aren't Catherine and Liz able to study the geography of the island?
(a) Not enough money.
(b) The weather.
(c) Too drunk to do the work.
(d) Their agendas.
9. How many countries was Catherine's concert broadcast to?
10. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
(a) The sound of the engine changes.
(b) Her pain is much worse.
(c) She isn't sure what to do next.
(d) She doesn't want to be left alone.
11. How does the doctor respond to Catherine's worries?
(a) He says that she needs to find help.
(b) He tries to take Anna away from her.
(c) He says that her feelings are normal.
(d) He calls the police and child services.
12. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(b) Write music.
(c) Keep books.
13. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
14. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
(a) Go into a black rage.
(b) Welcome her back into her home.
(c) Damn her to hell.
(d) Pray for her soul.
15. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(b) She thought she was moving back home.
(c) She didn't know she was married.
(d) She knows it will impede her music career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does walking on the beach with Anna remind Catherine about in regards to her students?
2. Who did Catherine write this song for?
3. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
4. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
5. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)