|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine get to the hospital?
(a) David takes her.
(b) In the doctor's car.
(c) Ambulance plane.
2. What does Dave do for a living?
(a) Dives for scallops.
(b) Teaches school.
(c) Writes music.
(d) Plays in the orchestra.
3. Why does Catherine teach?
(a) Because it is the only money she earns.
(b) Because she needs to have someone try out her music.
(c) Because she loves helping the students.
(d) Because Dave cannot work in the winter.
4. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(c) Antique stores.
(d) Thrift stores.
5. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(d) Music Teacher.
6. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
7. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
(a) The human-part of Jesus.
(b) The God-part of Jesus.
(c) The need for celebration.
(d) The idea that life is a miracle.
8. Why does Catherine look at the nun's face as she is checking the baby's vital signs?
(a) To make sure she understands what is happening.
(b) To see if she recognizes her.
(c) To make sure she will be nice.
(d) To see if everything is all right.
9. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
(a) Baby will be more likely to die.
(b) Milk will dry up.
(c) Baby will be unhealthy.
(d) Mother will not bond with the baby.
11. What does Catherine think she should write a manual about?
(a) How to get buy on little money.
(b) How to incorporate rounds into other melodies.
(c) How to write music for the piano.
(d) How to play the piano when pregnant.
12. How does Catherine get to the plane?
(a) Dave drives her.
(b) The nurse takes her.
(d) Liz drives her.
13. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(d) Dining room set.
14. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She knows it will impede her music career.
(b) She thought she was moving back home.
(c) She didn't know she was married.
(d) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
15. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
2. Why does Catherine call the district nurse?
3. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
4. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
5. Why doesn't Catherine take the rides offered at the airport from two different people?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)