|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine find Anna to be?
2. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(a) Hung Xiao.
(c) Her music teacher.
(d) Her mother.
3. How does Catherine get to the plane?
(a) Liz drives her.
(b) Dave drives her.
(c) The nurse takes her.
4. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
(a) New piano.
(b) Rosary beads.
(c) New Marian Missal.
(d) Ticket to see Santa Claus.
5. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
(a) How calm she is.
(b) How dependent she is.
(c) How much she sleeps.
(d) How fragile she is.
6. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
7. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
8. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
(a) Conserved her virginity.
(b) Patron saint of music.
(c) Feast of Immaculate Conception.
(d) Had sexual intercourse.
9. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
(a) Having help with Anna.
(b) Being pampered by them.
(c) Being able to sleep sometimes.
(d) Having someone to talk to.
10. What will Catherine get to join if she finishes Vernicle?
(a) European Broadcasting Union.
(b) Church of Scotland.
(c) College faculty.
(d) Performing Rights Society.
11. What does the nurse assure Catherine?
(a) The hospital will take good care of her.
(b) David will make it before the baby comes.
(c) She won't give birth on the plane.
(d) She will help her to get through the pain.
12. What does Dave do for a living?
(a) Plays in the orchestra.
(b) Writes music.
(c) Teaches school.
(d) Dives for scallops.
13. How does her father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He says that he is relieved.
(c) He stops talking to her.
(d) He hands the phone to her mother.
14. What does Liz say about Anna?
(a) She is a very happy baby.
(b) She is gorgeous.
(c) She is very well behaved.
(d) She looks just like her father.
15. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
(a) Baby will be more likely to die.
(b) Milk will dry up.
(c) Baby will be unhealthy.
(d) Mother will not bond with the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
2. Where does Ingrid say she had seen Dave earlier that day?
3. What do Catherine and Dave fight about constantly?
4. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
5. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)