|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They give polite applause.
(b) They like it.
(c) They are stunned in silence.
(d) They dislike it.
2. What happens when Catherine gets to the airport?
(a) She faints and Anna gets hurt.
(b) People crowd around asking to hold Anna.
(c) Dave is there waiting for her and Anna.
(d) No one talks to her.
3. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
(a) Taps her foot nervously.
(b) Reads the program.
(c) Talks to Liz nonstop.
(d) Hides in the bathroom.
4. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
(a) Anna's first birthday party plans.
(b) Being beaten by Dave.
(c) Caring for the baby.
(d) Having to do what Dave wants.
5. Where does Ingrid say she had seen Dave earlier that day?
(a) At the dock.
(b) At the pub.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the airport.
6. Why does Catherine call the district nurse?
(a) To let her know she made it home safely.
(b) To let her know she will be moving soon..
(c) To ask for advice on how to feed Anna.
(d) To ask her for help leaving Dave.
7. What does Liz say about Anna?
(a) She looks just like her father.
(b) She is gorgeous.
(c) She is very well behaved.
(d) She is a very happy baby.
8. Why aren't Catherine and Liz able to study the geography of the island?
(a) The weather.
(b) Their agendas.
(c) Too drunk to do the work.
(d) Not enough money.
9. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Drums pounding.
(b) Her daughter crying.
(c) Choirs singing.
(d) Her father yelling.
10. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(b) Thrift stores.
(c) Antique stores.
11. Why does Catherine look at the nun's face as she is checking the baby's vital signs?
(a) To make sure she will be nice.
(b) To make sure she understands what is happening.
(c) To see if everything is all right.
(d) To see if she recognizes her.
12. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
13. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
14. What does the nurse assure Catherine?
(a) The hospital will take good care of her.
(b) David will make it before the baby comes.
(c) She will help her to get through the pain.
(d) She won't give birth on the plane.
15. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
(a) In with her parents.
(b) In a new apartment.
(c) In with Liz.
(d) In with her music instructors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nuns tell Catherine to walk around?
2. Why does Catherine wonder if she should pray?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
4. Who did Catherine write this song for?
5. What is the name of the hospital?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)