|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(b) Hung Xiao.
(c) Her music teacher.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
(b) Her mother.
(c) The pub.
3. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
(a) The God-part of Jesus.
(b) The human-part of Jesus.
(c) The idea that life is a miracle.
(d) The need for celebration.
5. Where does Ingrid say she had seen Dave earlier that day?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the airport.
(c) At the pub.
(d) At the dock.
6. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
7. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
(a) Welcome her back into her home.
(b) Go into a black rage.
(c) Pray for her soul.
(d) Damn her to hell.
8. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(b) She isn't being a good enough mother.
(c) Dave is beating her up.
(d) Anna is into too many different things.
9. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
(a) David's inconsistent work.
(b) Mood swings.
(c) The tuning of the piano.
(d) Her teaching schedule.
10. What does the nurse assure Catherine?
(a) She won't give birth on the plane.
(b) She will help her to get through the pain.
(c) David will make it before the baby comes.
(d) The hospital will take good care of her.
11. How does Catherine find Anna to be?
12. What is the name of the hospital?
(a) Horrible Hospital.
(b) Rotten Row.
(c) Corupted Corral.
(d) Terrible Trouble.
13. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
(a) She has stretch marks.
(b) She has given birth to a child.
(c) She is heavier than she used to be.
(d) She is tired all of the time.
14. Where is Dave when Catherine packs up all of her things?
(a) Out shopping for food.
(b) At the pub.
(c) Diving in the water.
(d) Clinic on the mainland.
15. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nuns tell Catherine to walk around?
2. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
3. How does the doctor respond to Catherine's worries?
4. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
5. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)