|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Catherine and brings her flowers?
2. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They give polite applause.
(c) They like it.
(d) They are stunned in silence.
3. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
(a) She rubs her hand.
(b) She rubs her back and tells her to relax.
(c) She gives her a shot.
(d) She has her continue to walk.
4. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
(b) Her mother.
(c) The pub.
5. Which of the following statements is true about Part 2 of this novel?
(a) It involves only characters not in part one.
(b) It takes place in the past.
(c) It takes place in the future.
(d) It involves flashbacks and flash forwards.
6. Why does Catherine look at the nun's face as she is checking the baby's vital signs?
(a) To see if she recognizes her.
(b) To make sure she will be nice.
(c) To make sure she understands what is happening.
(d) To see if everything is all right.
7. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
8. Why doesn't Catherine take the rides offered at the airport from two different people?
(a) She wants to do things herself.
(b) She is lost and confused.
(c) She is waiting for Liz.
(d) She is waiting for Dave.
9. Why is Catherine crying during the playing of her music?
(a) She is so very proud of her accomplishment.
(b) She has found her faith.
(c) She knows she is giving everything up.
(d) She wants to leave the hall.
10. How does Catherine get to the plane?
(a) The nurse takes her.
(c) Liz drives her.
(d) Dave drives her.
11. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She thought she was moving back home.
(b) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(c) She knows it will impede her music career.
(d) She didn't know she was married.
12. What do Catherine and Dave fight about constantly?
(b) Her music.
(c) Her parents.
(d) His drinking.
13. Why does Catherine hate winter?
(a) Dave seems to always be drunk.
(b) The lack of sunshine depresses her.
(c) It reminds her of her mother and father.
(d) She cannot get outside as much.
14. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
(a) A cloud watching excursion.
(b) A geography field trip.
(c) A concert under the stars.
(d) A vacation to the beach.
15. How much money does Catherine say she will get for the composition she is working on called Vernicle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine describe her the song?
2. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
3. What is the name of the hospital?
4. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
5. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)