|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
2. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
(a) She isn't sure what to do next.
(b) Her pain is much worse.
(c) She doesn't want to be left alone.
(d) The sound of the engine changes.
3. What does Catherine think she should write a manual about?
(a) How to get buy on little money.
(b) How to incorporate rounds into other melodies.
(c) How to write music for the piano.
(d) How to play the piano when pregnant.
4. How does Catherine get to the plane?
(a) Liz drives her.
(b) The nurse takes her.
(d) Dave drives her.
5. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
6. What does Catherine give to the nurses to say thank you?
7. What does Dave tell Catherine when he meets her for the first time?
(a) He says she looks lost.
(b) He says she looks like a student.
(c) He says she looks like she doesn't want to be there.
(d) He asks her to take a walk with him.
8. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
(a) She won a scholarship.
(b) She is tired of fighting.
(c) She doesn't want to talk to them anymore.
(d) She has to work to pay for school.
9. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) Dave is beating her up.
(b) Anna is into too many different things.
(c) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(d) She isn't being a good enough mother.
10. Why do the nuns tell Catherine to walk around?
(a) It eases the pain.
(b) To pass the time until David arrives.
(c) To keep her from crying.
(d) Her labor pains have stopped.
11. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
12. What does walking on the beach with Anna remind Catherine about in regards to her students?
(a) How writing music makes her feel.
(b) What might happen if she gives up her music.
(c) The sound of the water beating the shore.
(d) The time interval of the tides.
13. What does the nurse put in Catherine's bath water?
(b) Lotion and oil.
(c) Coarse salt.
14. What does Catherine want music to celebrate?
(a) The surprise of unexpected feelings.
(b) The birth of an ordinary girl.
(c) The idea that miracles happen daily.
(d) The human life cycle.
15. What letter does Catherine remember her mother telling her was missing from the sign of Malone Place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
2. What is the name of the hospital?
3. Where does Catherine's father think she is?
4. What does putting pieces of music together remind Catherine of?
5. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)