|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Catherine and brings her flowers?
2. Why doesn't Dave want to teach Catherine to drive?
(a) He doesn't have a car.
(b) He wants to avoid fights.
(c) He wants to control her.
(d) He doesn't know how to drive.
3. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
4. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(a) Antique stores.
(c) Thrift stores.
5. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
(a) She is tired all of the time.
(b) She is heavier than she used to be.
(c) She has given birth to a child.
(d) She has stretch marks.
6. What does Catherine remember that a teacher once told her all lullabies were about?
(a) The problems with the world.
(b) The birth of children.
(c) The need for safety.
(d) The death of a child.
7. Which of the following is not one of the descriptors Catherine uses for her daughter right after she is born?
8. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(a) Dining room set.
9. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(d) Music Teacher.
10. Why doesn't Dave come to the hospital?
(a) He has no way to get to the hospital.
(b) He doesn't care about his child.
(c) He prefers to work.
(d) He is angry with Catherine.
11. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
(a) Having help with Anna.
(b) Being able to sleep sometimes.
(c) Being pampered by them.
(d) Having someone to talk to.
12. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
(a) Having to do what Dave wants.
(b) Anna's first birthday party plans.
(c) Being beaten by Dave.
(d) Caring for the baby.
13. Where did Catherine and Liz spend most of their time when they were on the island for the weekend planning?
(a) In the pubs.
(b) On the beaches.
(c) Looking over the geography.
(d) In their rooms.
14. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
(a) It does not have a space for the crib.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It smells like cigarettes.
(d) Dave never finished painting the nursery.
15. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Hung Xiao.
(c) Her music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
2. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
3. Why do the nuns tell Catherine to walk around?
4. What trick did Catherine's mother tell her about that might help her sleep?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)