|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine's father think she is?
(d) United States.
2. How many countries was Catherine's concert broadcast to?
3. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
(a) Mood swings.
(b) The tuning of the piano.
(c) Her teaching schedule.
(d) David's inconsistent work.
4. What did Catherine do when she was a child and her parents fought?
(a) Try to make the fighting stop.
(b) Hide in her room.
(c) Go to Granny Boyd's.
(d) Play her music louder.
5. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Her father yelling.
(b) Her daughter crying.
(c) Choirs singing.
(d) Drums pounding.
6. Why does Catherine teach?
(a) Because she loves helping the students.
(b) Because it is the only money she earns.
(c) Because she needs to have someone try out her music.
(d) Because Dave cannot work in the winter.
7. Why does Catherine wonder if she should pray?
(a) The pain is so intense.
(b) She doesn't believe in God.
(c) The nuns are not there to help her.
(d) Her father would think better of her.
8. What does Catherine think about as labor pains hit her in the ambulance?
(a) Her mother.
(d) The pub.
9. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(a) Keep books.
(b) Write music.
11. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
(a) How calm she is.
(b) How dependent she is.
(c) How much she sleeps.
(d) How fragile she is.
12. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
(a) She has stretch marks.
(b) She has given birth to a child.
(c) She is tired all of the time.
(d) She is heavier than she used to be.
13. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(b) Anna is into too many different things.
(c) Dave is beating her up.
(d) She isn't being a good enough mother.
14. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(b) Her music teacher.
(c) Hung Xiao.
(d) Her mother.
15. What does the nurse assure Catherine?
(a) She won't give birth on the plane.
(b) David will make it before the baby comes.
(c) She will help her to get through the pain.
(d) The hospital will take good care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't Catherine and Liz able to study the geography of the island?
2. What happens when Catherine gets to the airport?
3. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
4. Catherine comes to realize that for her a car is a what?
5. Why does Catherine sound drunk?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)