|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(c) Dining room set.
2. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They like it.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They are stunned in silence.
(d) They give polite applause.
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
4. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
(a) She rubs her hand.
(b) She gives her a shot.
(c) She rubs her back and tells her to relax.
(d) She has her continue to walk.
5. Why does Catherine think Janet is making small talk with Catherine?
(a) To keep her mind occupied.
(b) To find out why no one is there with her.
(c) To learn about her history.
(d) To help her keep an open mind.
6. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
(a) Wipes the tears from her face.
(b) Hugs her tight.
(c) Squeezes her arm.
(d) Puts Catherine's head on her shoulder.
7. Where does Ingrid say she had seen Dave earlier that day?
(a) At the airport.
(b) At the dock.
(c) At the pub.
(d) At a restaurant.
8. Why is Catherine crying during the playing of her music?
(a) She has found her faith.
(b) She wants to leave the hall.
(c) She is so very proud of her accomplishment.
(d) She knows she is giving everything up.
9. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
(a) A concert under the stars.
(b) A vacation to the beach.
(c) A cloud watching excursion.
(d) A geography field trip.
10. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
11. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
(a) Conserved her virginity.
(b) Patron saint of music.
(c) Feast of Immaculate Conception.
(d) Had sexual intercourse.
12. What did Catherine do when she was a child and her parents fought?
(a) Try to make the fighting stop.
(b) Play her music louder.
(c) Go to Granny Boyd's.
(d) Hide in her room.
13. Who does Catherine call and tell that she had a baby girl?
(b) Her music teacher.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Hung Xiao.
14. Which of the following words best describes how Catherine feels about the baby and everything involving her on the island?
15. What does Catherine find to be a repetition she wants to escape?
(a) Caring for the baby.
(b) Having to do what Dave wants.
(c) Being beaten by Dave.
(d) Anna's first birthday party plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Catherine off balance and is affecting her work?
2. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
3. What vow does Catherine make in regards to her daughter right after she is born?
4. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
5. How does Catherine believe her father will react to the news he will soon be a grandfather?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)