|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catherine crying during the playing of her music?
(a) She has found her faith.
(b) She knows she is giving everything up.
(c) She is so very proud of her accomplishment.
(d) She wants to leave the hall.
2. What term did Catherine ask her mother about that her mother ignored and pretended not to hear?
(a) Feast of Immaculate Conception.
(b) Had sexual intercourse.
(c) Conserved her virginity.
(d) Patron saint of music.
3. Why does Catherine hate winter?
(a) Dave seems to always be drunk.
(b) The lack of sunshine depresses her.
(c) She cannot get outside as much.
(d) It reminds her of her mother and father.
4. Which piece of furniture is Catherine most proud of?
(d) Dining room set.
5. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) She isn't being a good enough mother.
(b) Anna is into too many different things.
(c) Dave is beating her up.
(d) She isn't getting enough sleep.
6. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She didn't know she was married.
(b) She thought she was moving back home.
(c) She knows it will impede her music career.
(d) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
7. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
(a) Hugs her tight.
(b) Wipes the tears from her face.
(c) Puts Catherine's head on her shoulder.
(d) Squeezes her arm.
8. How does her father react to the news that she won't be coming home for Christmas?
(a) He says that he is relieved.
(b) He stops talking to her.
(c) He hands the phone to her mother.
(d) He is angry.
9. What do the breathing strategies the nurse wants Catherine to use during labor remind her of?
(a) Vocal exercise with Xiao Gang.
(b) A fine concert.
(c) Practicing her scales.
(d) Arguments she and her father had in the past.
10. What does Catherine want music to celebrate?
(a) The birth of an ordinary girl.
(b) The human life cycle.
(c) The idea that miracles happen daily.
(d) The surprise of unexpected feelings.
11. Where did Catherine and Liz spend most of their time when they were on the island for the weekend planning?
(a) On the beaches.
(b) In their rooms.
(c) In the pubs.
(d) Looking over the geography.
12. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
(a) In with her music instructors.
(b) In with her parents.
(c) In with Liz.
(d) In a new apartment.
13. How does the nurse help Catherine with the pain?
(a) She rubs her hand.
(b) She gives her a shot.
(c) She has her continue to walk.
(d) She rubs her back and tells her to relax.
14. Who are many of Catherine's memories tied to?
(c) Music Teacher.
15. Why does Catherine call the district nurse?
(a) To ask for advice on how to feed Anna.
(b) To let her know she made it home safely.
(c) To ask her for help leaving Dave.
(d) To let her know she will be moving soon..
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Catherine gets to the airport?
2. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
3. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
4. How does Catherine describes Dave's action of not showing up to pick her up from the airport after having Anna?
5. What does Catherine tell her father is the reason she won't be home for Christmas?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)