|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vow does Catherine make in regards to her daughter right after she is born?
(a) To ensure she will always have the best.
(b) To always protect her.
(c) To be a better parent than her parents were.
(d) To always love her.
2. What will Catherine get to join if she finishes Vernicle?
(a) Performing Rights Society.
(b) European Broadcasting Union.
(c) College faculty.
(d) Church of Scotland.
3. What was the first catch Catherine learned?
(a) Three Blind MIce.
(b) Old MacDonald.
(c) Rounds of the Kitchen.
(d) Rotten Row.
4. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
(a) Breathing rhythm in three-note sequence.
(b) A drum beat steady and true like a heart beat.
(c) A sequence of highs and lows like life.
(d) The breathing and panting required in labor.
5. Why does Catherine look at the nun's face as she is checking the baby's vital signs?
(a) To see if everything is all right.
(b) To make sure she understands what is happening.
(c) To make sure she will be nice.
(d) To see if she recognizes her.
6. What does Liz say about Anna?
(a) She looks just like her father.
(b) She is gorgeous.
(c) She is very well behaved.
(d) She is a very happy baby.
7. What did Catherine do when she was a child and her parents fought?
(a) Go to Granny Boyd's.
(b) Play her music louder.
(c) Try to make the fighting stop.
(d) Hide in her room.
8. What does Liz do to try and reassure Catherine about her performance?
(a) Wipes the tears from her face.
(b) Squeezes her arm.
(c) Hugs her tight.
(d) Puts Catherine's head on her shoulder.
9. What does Catherine indicate she hears as her daughter is born?
(a) Her father yelling.
(b) Choirs singing.
(c) Drums pounding.
(d) Her daughter crying.
10. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
(a) New piano.
(b) New Marian Missal.
(c) Ticket to see Santa Claus.
(d) Rosary beads.
11. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
(a) It smells like cigarettes.
(b) It does not have a space for the crib.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) Dave never finished painting the nursery.
12. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
13. How does Catherine get to the plane?
(b) Dave drives her.
(c) Liz drives her.
(d) The nurse takes her.
14. Why does Catherine wonder if she should pray?
(a) Her father would think better of her.
(b) The nuns are not there to help her.
(c) The pain is so intense.
(d) She doesn't believe in God.
15. Why does Catherine sound drunk?
(a) She is in so much pain from her contractions.
(b) The nurse gave her pain medication for her contractions.
(c) She used alcohol to try and reduce the amount of pain she was in.
(d) She is having a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does putting pieces of music together remind Catherine of?
2. What does Catherine now understand about her mother?
3. Why does Catherine teach?
4. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Catherine packs up all of her things?
5. Who did Catherine write this song for?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)