|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to learn how to do?
(c) Keep books.
(d) Write music.
2. What will Catherine miss about being in the hospital with the nurses?
(a) Being able to sleep sometimes.
(b) Having help with Anna.
(c) Being pampered by them.
(d) Having someone to talk to.
3. What does Catherine remember will happen if the baby stops feeding?
(a) Mother will not bond with the baby.
(b) Baby will be more likely to die.
(c) Milk will dry up.
(d) Baby will be unhealthy.
4. Who did Catherine write this song for?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Liz say about Anna?
(a) She is gorgeous.
(b) She is very well behaved.
(c) She looks just like her father.
(d) She is a very happy baby.
6. What complaint does Catherine have when she goes to the doctor?
(a) She isn't being a good enough mother.
(b) She isn't getting enough sleep.
(c) Anna is into too many different things.
(d) Dave is beating her up.
7. Which of the following terms best describes how Catherine feels about the night her students play the mass she is working on?
8. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
9. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(c) Thrift stores.
(d) Antique stores.
10. Who called Catherine to say congratulations?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
11. The day after she gives birth, Catherine is struck by what realization she makes about her daughter?
(a) How calm she is.
(b) How dependent she is.
(c) How fragile she is.
(d) How much she sleeps.
12. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
(a) Dave never finished painting the nursery.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It smells like cigarettes.
(d) It does not have a space for the crib.
13. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
14. What did her parents give Catherine when she was eleven and passed her qualifying exam?
(a) Ticket to see Santa Claus.
(b) New Marian Missal.
(c) New piano.
(d) Rosary beads.
15. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
(a) She is heavier than she used to be.
(b) She has stretch marks.
(c) She is tired all of the time.
(d) She has given birth to a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the breathing strategies the nurse wants Catherine to use during labor remind her of?
2. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Catherine packs up all of her things?
3. Why doesn't Dave come to the hospital?
4. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
5. How does Catherine get to the plane?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)