|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Dave come to the hospital?
(a) He is angry with Catherine.
(b) He doesn't care about his child.
(c) He has no way to get to the hospital.
(d) He prefers to work.
2. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
(a) A sequence of highs and lows like life.
(b) The breathing and panting required in labor.
(c) A drum beat steady and true like a heart beat.
(d) Breathing rhythm in three-note sequence.
3. What does Dave do for a living?
(a) Writes music.
(b) Dives for scallops.
(c) Teaches school.
(d) Plays in the orchestra.
4. How does the audience feel about Catherine's music?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They are stunned in silence.
(c) They give polite applause.
(d) They like it.
5. Why does Catherine wonder if Dave will still find her attractive?
(a) She has given birth to a child.
(b) She has stretch marks.
(c) She is tired all of the time.
(d) She is heavier than she used to be.
6. Where does Ingrid say she had seen Dave earlier that day?
(a) At the pub.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the airport.
(d) At the dock.
7. What does Catherine find wrong with the house when she goes inside?
(a) It smells like cigarettes.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) Dave never finished painting the nursery.
(d) It does not have a space for the crib.
8. What does Catherine believe Christmas carols celebrate?
(a) The need for celebration.
(b) The God-part of Jesus.
(c) The idea that life is a miracle.
(d) The human-part of Jesus.
9. Where did Catherine get most of her furniture?
(a) Antique stores.
(b) Thrift stores.
10. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
11. What were Catherine and Liz planning when Catherine met Dave?
(a) A geography field trip.
(b) A cloud watching excursion.
(c) A concert under the stars.
(d) A vacation to the beach.
12. How does Catherine describe her the song?
13. Where did Catherine move when she left Dave's?
(a) In with her music instructors.
(b) In with Liz.
(c) In with her parents.
(d) In a new apartment.
14. Why is Catherine leaving Dave?
(a) Because she found out Anna is not his.
(b) Because she doesn't love him.
(c) Because she wants to start a new part of her life.
(d) Because he keeps hitting her.
15. What does Catherine give to the nurses to say thank you?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't Catherine and Liz able to study the geography of the island?
2. Where is Dave when Catherine packs up all of her things?
3. How does Catherine find Anna to be?
4. What does Catherine do to ease her mind as she gets ready to hear her composition played?
5. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)