|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
(b) Skipping school.
(d) A boy.
2. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
(a) The pianist.
(b) The violinist.
(c) The audience.
(d) The conductor.
3. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
(a) She doesn't want to wake Anna.
(b) She lost her key.
(c) She can't get to her key.
(d) She can't think straight.
4. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Make the placemats.
(b) Make the gravy.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Make the potatoes.
5. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
6. What does Catherine think the drumming is?
(a) The same as bells.
(b) A revelation.
(c) A lot of noise.
7. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
(a) To try once again to talk to her mother.
(b) The church to go to confession.
(c) A store to buy some chocolates.
(d) Her father's grave.
8. What happens when Catherine and Anna look at each other in the mirror?
(a) They both laugh.
(b) They both cry.
(c) They both smile.
(d) They both make faces.
9. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) Her father and how much she misses him.
(b) Her mother and how she will move on.
(c) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
(d) How she will do playing the organ.
10. What name does Catherine's mother cry and repeat over and over?
11. When they get back to the pub after the funeral, what is Catherine overwhelmed with a desire to do?
12. What does Catherine decide will save her?
(a) Her positive thoughts.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her work.
13. Which of the following characters does Catherine realize died and received a military grave while she was in Scotland?
14. What does Catherine tell Liz?
(a) She wants to pack up Anna and run away.
(b) She didn't recognize her own child for a second.
(c) She thinks Anna doesn't love her.
(d) She is very sad at the loss of her father
15. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
(a) Play for him.
(b) Read to him.
(c) Stay at his home.
(d) Write him a piece of music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
2. What does lying around in bed remind Catherine of?
3. Why does Catherine choose to conform when she is home?
4. What does Catherine decide to wear to her father's funeral?
5. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)