|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bingham describe Catherine's work?
(a) Inconsistent and spiraling.
(b) Moody and changing.
(c) Surprising and catchy.
(d) Powerful and difficult.
2. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
(a) London for plays.
(b) Concerts in Belfast.
(c) Tea parties in Belgrade.
(d) Scotland for recitals.
3. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
(a) She has emphysema.
(b) She has a nervous tic.
(c) She has stopped smoking.
(d) She has cancer.
4. What does Catherine think about when she watches and hears the dirt being thrown on her father's coffin?
(a) When she first moved out of her parents home.
(b) How her mother and father loved each other.
(c) The first time she played the piano for her father.
(d) A Christmas Eve when she was 11.
5. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
(a) The audience.
(b) The pianist.
(c) The violinist.
(d) The conductor.
6. Which of the following is not one of the things that Huang told Catherine that all compositions must have?
7. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
(a) New York.
8. What kind of depression does Catherine confess to her mother she has?
(a) Manic depression.
(b) Bi-polar depression.
(c) Post-natal depression.
(d) Schizophrenic depression.
9. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
(a) She is angered.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is proud.
(d) She is shocked.
10. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
11. Why does Catherine's mother want them to go to the graveyard the day after her father was buried?
(a) She said they didn't have a chance to pray because too much was going on.
(b) She needs to check and maker sure that things are okay with him.
(c) She wants to gather up the cards.
(d) She cannot let go and needs to visit him.
12. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
13. How does Anna get from the plane to her hometown?
(b) Mother picks her up.
14. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
(a) About her memories of her father.
(b) About Anna.
(c) About her new job.
(d) About her depression.
15. Where does Miss Bingham get her only comfort?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine look for as she rides through her hometown?
2. What does Catherine decide will save her?
3. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
4. Which of the following is the main character of this novel?
5. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)