|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
2. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
(a) A boy.
(d) Skipping school.
3. What do Catherine and Geraldine have in common?
(a) They both lost their father.
(b) They both are single.
(c) They both live in a pub.
(d) They both like to do hair.
4. How does Catherine feel when she looks down at Anna?
5. What does Catherine's father think the drumming is?
(b) A lot of noise.
(c) The same as bells.
(d) A revelation.
6. Where does Catherine go to view the body of her father?
(a) Down to the funeral home.
(b) Her parents' bedroom.
(c) Her childhood bedroom.
(d) To the main floor of the pub.
7. What kind of thoughts does Catherine try to control on the ride to see Anna?
8. What does lying around in bed remind Catherine of?
(a) How much she misses her father.
(b) How depressed she was at one point.
(c) Being a child home sick.
(d) The music she is forgetting to write.
9. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) Her father and how much she misses him.
(b) How she will do playing the organ.
(c) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
(d) Her mother and how she will move on.
10. How did Miss Bingham describe Catherine's work?
(a) Powerful and difficult.
(b) Surprising and catchy.
(c) Inconsistent and spiraling.
(d) Moody and changing.
11. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
12. What kind of depression does Catherine confess to her mother she has?
(a) Post-natal depression.
(b) Manic depression.
(c) Bi-polar depression.
(d) Schizophrenic depression.
13. Why does the idea of writing a mass intrigue Catherine?
(a) It would be the longest piece she has written.
(b) So few are written by women.
(c) It involves numerous instruments.
(d) It is like speaking to God.
14. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Make the potatoes.
(c) Make the placemats.
(d) Make the gravy.
15. How much was the prize when Catherine won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award for her Piano Trio?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) Free tuition for a year.
(c) A new piano.
(d) Travel around Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine decide will save her?
2. How did Catherine's father die?
3. What does Catherine look for as she rides through her hometown?
4. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
5. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)