|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine's mother accuses Catherine of what in regard to her mother's religious beliefs?
(a) Reinforcing them.
(b) Mistreating them.
(c) Demeaning them.
(d) Mocking them.
2. Who else in Catherine's family was depressed according to her mother?
3. Where is Catherine's home now?
(a) New York.
4. How does Catherine feel when she looks down at Anna?
5. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is ashamed of her.
(d) She congratulates her.
6. What does Catherine look for as she rides through her hometown?
(a) Familiar landmarks.
(b) The home she grew up in.
(c) Drumming contests.
(d) People that she knows.
7. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
(a) About Anna.
(b) About her memories of her father.
(c) About her new job.
(d) About her depression.
8. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Make the potatoes.
(b) Make the placemats.
(c) Make the gravy.
(d) Set the table.
9. How does Catherine feel when she wakes up at four thirty the morning after her father's funeral?
(c) In a panic.
10. What does Catherine tell Liz?
(a) She didn't recognize her own child for a second.
(b) She wants to pack up Anna and run away.
(c) She thinks Anna doesn't love her.
(d) She is very sad at the loss of her father
11. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) Her father and how much she misses him.
(b) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
(c) How she will do playing the organ.
(d) Her mother and how she will move on.
12. Who is Catherine thinking about as she boards the plane?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
13. What was Catherine's father disappointed to miss that he received many phone calls about?
(a) Her award winning performance.
(b) Her first recital.
(c) Her college graduation.
(d) Her performance on the radio.
14. How does Anna get from the plane to her hometown?
(d) Mother picks her up.
15. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things that Huang told Catherine that all compositions must have?
2. What does Catherine believe a composer does?
3. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
4. What kind of business did Catherine's father own?
5. Which of the following characters does Catherine realize died and received a military grave while she was in Scotland?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)