|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine believe a composer does?
(a) Hears the thing and writes it down.
(b) Plays with various notes.
(c) Hums the music and has someone else record it.
(d) Tweaks notes to see which is the best.
2. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) Her father and how much she misses him.
(b) How she will do playing the organ.
(c) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
(d) Her mother and how she will move on.
3. How did Miss Bingham describe Catherine's work?
(a) Surprising and catchy.
(b) Moody and changing.
(c) Powerful and difficult.
(d) Inconsistent and spiraling.
4. Why can't Miss Bingham play the piano anymore?
(a) Her piano was repossessed.
(b) She cannot see the music anymore.
(c) Her coughing constantly interrupts her.
(d) Her arthritis is so bad.
5. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
(a) About her memories of her father.
(b) About Anna.
(c) About her new job.
(d) About her depression.
6. What kind of thoughts does Catherine try to control on the ride to see Anna?
7. What does Catherine do after the funeral when they get back to the house?
(a) Hovers over her mother making sure she is okay.
(b) Goes upstairs to take a nap.
(c) Puts out the food and drinks for the many visitors.
(d) Sits in the corner drinking tea.
8. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
9. How old is Anna?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 20 months.
10. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
11. How old was Catherine when she started taking piano lessons?
12. Who is Catherine thinking about as she boards the plane?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her baby.
13. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
(a) Excellent musicians.
14. What do Catherine and Geraldine have in common?
(a) They both live in a pub.
(b) They both are single.
(c) They both like to do hair.
(d) They both lost their father.
15. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
(a) Scotland for recitals.
(b) London for plays.
(c) Concerts in Belfast.
(d) Tea parties in Belgrade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz tell Catherine?
2. How does Anna get from the plane to her hometown?
3. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
4. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
5. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)