Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine believe a composer does?
(a) Plays with various notes.
(b) Tweaks notes to see which is the best.
(c) Hears the thing and writes it down.
(d) Hums the music and has someone else record it.
2. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
(a) Play for him.
(b) Write him a piece of music.
(c) Read to him.
(d) Stay at his home.
3. When Catherine and her mother go to meet her father at the train station when she was 11, what embarrassed her mother?
(a) His public displays of affection.
(b) His constant loud complaining of other people.
(c) His drunken behavior.
(d) His cussing.
4. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
(d) Electric shock therapy.
5. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Make the potatoes.
(b) Make the gravy.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Make the placemats.
6. What kind of depression does Catherine confess to her mother she has?
(a) Bi-polar depression.
(b) Post-natal depression.
(c) Schizophrenic depression.
(d) Manic depression.
7. How did Miss Bingham describe Catherine's work?
(a) Powerful and difficult.
(b) Moody and changing.
(c) Inconsistent and spiraling.
(d) Surprising and catchy.
8. What was Catherine's father disappointed to miss that he received many phone calls about?
(a) Her award winning performance.
(b) Her first recital.
(c) Her performance on the radio.
(d) Her college graduation.
9. Where is Catherine's home now?
(b) New York.
10. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is angered.
(d) She is proud.
11. What does Catherine say to her mother when she sees her for the first time?
(a) She is angry she wasn't notified sooner.
(b) She can't speak and only cries.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She asks what happened.
12. What job did Catherine quit to write music?
(b) Traveling musician.
13. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
14. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
(a) His dog tries to mount her.
(b) He interrupts her.
(c) His wife faints and has to be taken away.
(d) He falls asleep in the chair.
15. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) Her father and how much she misses him.
(b) Her mother and how she will move on.
(c) How she will do playing the organ.
(d) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz tell Catherine?
2. What name does Catherine's mother cry and repeat over and over?
3. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
4. How old is Anna?
5. How does Miss Bingham feel about Catherine?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)