|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
2. How much was the prize when Catherine won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award for her Piano Trio?
(a) Travel around Scotland.
(b) Free tuition for a year.
(c) A new piano.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. How does Catherine decide to head home from the airport?
(a) Anna's father picks her up.
4. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
(b) A boy.
(d) Skipping school.
5. What does Catherine ask before she agrees to play the organ at the formal services for her father the next day?
(a) If it is the same organ from her childhood.
(b) If he has the music already picked out.
(c) If there will be a lot of people there.
(d) If there is someone else to do it.
6. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
(a) Concerts in Belfast.
(b) Scotland for recitals.
(c) Tea parties in Belgrade.
(d) London for plays.
7. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
8. What does Catherine tell Miss Bingham she is working on?
(a) A voice piece.
(b) A Latin mass.
(c) A Catholic mass.
(d) A drum piece.
9. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
(a) His wife faints and has to be taken away.
(b) He interrupts her.
(c) His dog tries to mount her.
(d) He falls asleep in the chair.
10. Where is Catherine's home now?
(d) New York.
11. Why did Miss Bingham ride her bicycle?
(a) To get enough exercise.
(b) To keep her joints loose.
(c) Because she didn't have a car.
(d) She had lost her license.
12. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
(d) Excellent musicians.
13. How does Catherine feel when she looks down at Anna?
14. What happens when Catherine and Anna look at each other in the mirror?
(a) They both laugh.
(b) They both make faces.
(c) They both smile.
(d) They both cry.
15. How does Anna get from the plane to her hometown?
(c) Mother picks her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
2. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
3. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
4. Which of the following characters does Catherine realize died and received a military grave while she was in Scotland?
5. Why does Catherine tell her mother she is working on a mass?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)