|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
(a) She can't get to her key.
(b) She lost her key.
(c) She can't think straight.
(d) She doesn't want to wake Anna.
2. What did Catherine's music give to Miss Bingham?
3. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
(a) She has stopped smoking.
(b) She has cancer.
(c) She has emphysema.
(d) She has a nervous tic.
4. What kind of depression does Catherine confess to her mother she has?
(a) Post-natal depression.
(b) Manic depression.
(c) Bi-polar depression.
(d) Schizophrenic depression.
5. Why does Catherine throw away the note she found?
(a) Because she can't read the writing on it.
(b) Because it is reminding her father to meet someone on an unidentified Tuesday.
(c) Because she doesn't want her mother to see it.
(d) Because it brings back too many bad memories.
6. What kind of thoughts does Catherine try to control on the ride to see Anna?
7. How does Catherine's favorite composer respond when she asks him about music and influences?
(d) I don't understand.
8. What disease does Catherine suffer from?
(b) Acid reflux.
9. Which of the following was one of the changes Catherine noticed to her house?
(a) There is new furniture in all of the rooms.
(b) The piano has been removed.
(c) There are now CDs and a CD player.
(d) They have added on an extra room.
10. When Catherine and her mother go to meet her father at the train station when she was 11, what embarrassed her mother?
(a) His cussing.
(b) His constant loud complaining of other people.
(c) His public displays of affection.
(d) His drunken behavior.
11. What does Liz tell Catherine?
(a) Anna looks just like her.
(b) Anna missed her terribly.
(c) Anna's said her first word.
(d) Anna grew two inches.
12. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
(a) Stay at his home.
(b) Read to him.
(c) Write him a piece of music.
(d) Play for him.
13. What job did Catherine quit to write music?
(c) Traveling musician.
14. Why is the main character going to Ireland?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) Her father's funeral.
(c) To play a concert.
(d) To visit her new nephew.
15. Where did Catherine meet her favorite composer?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they get back to the pub after the funeral, what is Catherine overwhelmed with a desire to do?
2. What does Catherine's mother make her to calm her down?
3. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
4. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
5. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)