|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catherine and her mother talk about as they drink brandy?
(a) Talk about her father.
(b) Talk about Anna.
(c) Talk about the changes to the house.
(d) Talk about Catherine's life away from home.
2. What term does Catherine's father use to describe some of the actions taken by the Protestants?
(d) Excellent musicians.
3. How old was Catherine when she started taking piano lessons?
4. Which of the following characters does Catherine realize died and received a military grave while she was in Scotland?
5. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
(a) She congratulates her.
(b) She is ashamed of her.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She is shocked.
6. When they get back to the pub after the funeral, what is Catherine overwhelmed with a desire to do?
7. What disease does Catherine suffer from?
(a) Acid reflux.
8. What does Catherine's father think the drumming is?
(a) A revelation.
(c) A lot of noise.
(d) The same as bells.
9. What happens when Catherine and Anna look at each other in the mirror?
(a) They both cry.
(b) They both smile.
(c) They both laugh.
(d) They both make faces.
10. How did Catherine's father die?
(a) A stroke in his sleep.
(b) A pneumonia like illness in the hospital.
(c) A massive heart attack in the pub.
(d) Cancer that slowly took his life.
11. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
(a) Stay at his home.
(b) Write him a piece of music.
(c) Play for him.
(d) Read to him.
12. What does Catherine decide will save her?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her work.
(c) Her positive thoughts.
(d) Her mother.
13. How does Catherine's mother want to walk home?
(a) Through the countryside.
(b) Through the woods.
(c) Through downtown.
(d) Through the graveyard.
14. Why is the main character going to Ireland?
(a) To visit her new nephew.
(b) To play a concert.
(c) For a vacation.
(d) Her father's funeral.
15. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
(c) Electric shock therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Liz?
2. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
3. Why does Catherine tell her mother she is working on a mass?
4. Where does Miss Bingham get her only comfort?
5. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)