|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did Catherine's father own?
(a) Music studio.
2. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
3. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
(a) He falls asleep in the chair.
(b) He interrupts her.
(c) His dog tries to mount her.
(d) His wife faints and has to be taken away.
4. What do Catherine and her mother talk about as they drink brandy?
(a) Talk about Catherine's life away from home.
(b) Talk about her father.
(c) Talk about the changes to the house.
(d) Talk about Anna.
5. What job did Catherine quit to write music?
(c) Traveling musician.
6. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The audience.
(c) The pianist.
(d) The violinist.
7. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
(a) Take in laundry.
(b) Rent out an apartment.
(c) Sell chips.
(d) Sell souvenirs to tourists.
8. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Make the gravy.
(b) Set the table.
(c) Make the potatoes.
(d) Make the placemats.
9. How old is Anna?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 20 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
10. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
(a) Pill bottles on the counter.
(b) Note from her father.
(c) Picture of the little girl.
(d) Book about depression.
11. What does Catherine think her father would have hated in the piece she played on the radio?
(a) The length.
(b) The accompaniment.
(c) The drums.
(d) The speed.
12. What does Catherine think the drumming is?
(b) A lot of noise.
(c) The same as bells.
(d) A revelation.
13. What did Catherine have to do after she got caught lying?
(a) Write an apology letter.
(b) Go to confession.
(c) Clean the entire house.
(d) Work in the pub for a month.
14. How old was Catherine when she started taking piano lessons?
15. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
(a) Her father's grave.
(b) The church to go to confession.
(c) A store to buy some chocolates.
(d) To try once again to talk to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the changes Catherine noticed to her house?
2. Where is Catherine's home now?
3. What does Catherine's father think the drumming is?
4. Why does Catherine's mother want them to go to the graveyard the day after her father was buried?
5. What does Catherine do after the funeral when they get back to the house?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)