|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Bingham feel about Catherine?
(a) She is surprised by her.
(b) She is proud of her.
(c) She is ashamed of her.
(d) She is disappointed in her.
2. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
(a) She has a nervous tic.
(b) She has emphysema.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has stopped smoking.
3. What kind of business did Catherine's father own?
(d) Music studio.
4. What was Catherine's father disappointed to miss that he received many phone calls about?
(a) Her first recital.
(b) Her college graduation.
(c) Her performance on the radio.
(d) Her award winning performance.
5. Why did Miss Bingham ride her bicycle?
(a) Because she didn't have a car.
(b) To get enough exercise.
(c) She had lost her license.
(d) To keep her joints loose.
6. What does Catherine take with her when she goes to take a nap?
(a) Her father's shirt.
(b) A sheet of music.
(c) A hot water bottle.
(d) A picture of Anna.
7. What does Catherine tell Liz?
(a) She thinks Anna doesn't love her.
(b) She is very sad at the loss of her father
(c) She wants to pack up Anna and run away.
(d) She didn't recognize her own child for a second.
8. What does Catherine do after the funeral when they get back to the house?
(a) Hovers over her mother making sure she is okay.
(b) Goes upstairs to take a nap.
(c) Puts out the food and drinks for the many visitors.
(d) Sits in the corner drinking tea.
9. When Catherine and her mother go to meet her father at the train station when she was 11, what embarrassed her mother?
(a) His cussing.
(b) His public displays of affection.
(c) His constant loud complaining of other people.
(d) His drunken behavior.
10. What does Catherine think her father would have hated in the piece she played on the radio?
(a) The accompaniment.
(b) The speed.
(c) The length.
(d) The drums.
11. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
(a) The church to go to confession.
(b) To try once again to talk to her mother.
(c) A store to buy some chocolates.
(d) Her father's grave.
12. Who is Catherine thinking about as she boards the plane?
(a) Her baby.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
13. What is Catherine thinking about when she wakes up at four thirty in the morning?
(a) How she will do playing the organ.
(b) Her father and how much she misses him.
(c) Her mother and how she will move on.
(d) Anna and what is happening in Glasgow.
14. Why does Catherine throw away the note she found?
(a) Because it brings back too many bad memories.
(b) Because it is reminding her father to meet someone on an unidentified Tuesday.
(c) Because she can't read the writing on it.
(d) Because she doesn't want her mother to see it.
15. Who is Catherine's favorite composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Bingham like for Catherine to watch during concerts?
2. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
3. What does Catherine's mother say about her after learning she had a child?
4. How does Catherine feel about her desire to die?
5. Why does the idea of writing a mass intrigue Catherine?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)