|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's father think the drumming is?
(a) The same as bells.
(b) A revelation.
(d) A lot of noise.
2. How much was the prize when Catherine won the Moncrieff-Hewitt Award for her Piano Trio?
(a) A new piano.
(b) Travel around Scotland.
(c) Free tuition for a year.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. What did Catherine have to do after she got caught lying?
(a) Clean the entire house.
(b) Work in the pub for a month.
(c) Write an apology letter.
(d) Go to confession.
4. Why does Catherine's mother want them to go to the graveyard the day after her father was buried?
(a) She cannot let go and needs to visit him.
(b) She wants to gather up the cards.
(c) She said they didn't have a chance to pray because too much was going on.
(d) She needs to check and maker sure that things are okay with him.
5. What does Catherine's mother make her to calm her down?
(b) Some fresh chips.
(c) A nice meal.
(d) Warm milk.
6. Where did Miss Bingham often take Catherine?
(a) London for plays.
(b) Concerts in Belfast.
(c) Tea parties in Belgrade.
(d) Scotland for recitals.
7. How long ago did Catherine have a child?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
8. What does Catherine say to her mother when she sees her for the first time?
(a) She is angry she wasn't notified sooner.
(b) She asks what happened.
(c) She apologizes.
(d) She can't speak and only cries.
9. Who is Catherine thinking about as she boards the plane?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her baby.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
10. What does Catherine think the drumming is?
(a) A lot of noise.
(c) A revelation.
(d) The same as bells.
11. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
(a) Make the gravy.
(b) Make the placemats.
(c) Make the potatoes.
(d) Set the table.
12. How old is Anna?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 20 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
13. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is ashamed of her.
(c) She congratulates her.
(d) She is not surprised.
14. What disease does Catherine suffer from?
(a) Acid reflux.
15. How does Catherine feel when she wakes up at four thirty the morning after her father's funeral?
(a) In a panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
2. How does Catherine's mother react to the news that Catherine had a child?
3. What does Catherine's favorite composer ask her to do?
4. What does Liz tell Catherine?
5. How does Catherine feel about her desire to die?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)