|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine stop on the way to Miss Bingham's house?
(a) The church to go to confession.
(b) A store to buy some chocolates.
(c) To try once again to talk to her mother.
(d) Her father's grave.
2. What does Catherine's father think the drumming is?
(b) A lot of noise.
(c) A revelation.
(d) The same as bells.
3. What does Catherine believe a composer does?
(a) Hears the thing and writes it down.
(b) Hums the music and has someone else record it.
(c) Tweaks notes to see which is the best.
(d) Plays with various notes.
4. Who does her mother say will do Catherine's hair for the funeral?
5. What did Catherine have to do after she got caught lying?
(a) Work in the pub for a month.
(b) Go to confession.
(c) Write an apology letter.
(d) Clean the entire house.
6. What does Catherine's mother say about her after learning she had a child?
(a) She is dishonest.
(b) She is dirty.
(c) She is a heathen.
(d) She is unclean.
7. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
(a) The need to write.
(b) The desire to listen to music.
(c) The desire to hear Buchner.
(d) The need to be in bed.
8. Where is Catherine's home now?
(b) New York.
9. What job did Catherine quit to write music?
(a) Traveling musician.
10. How does Miss Bingham react to hearing that Catherine had a child?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She congratulates her.
(d) She is ashamed of her.
11. How does Catherine feel when she wakes up at four thirty the morning after her father's funeral?
(d) In a panic.
12. What does Liz tell Catherine?
(a) Anna missed her terribly.
(b) Anna's said her first word.
(c) Anna grew two inches.
(d) Anna looks just like her.
13. What was Catherine's father disappointed to miss that he received many phone calls about?
(a) Her performance on the radio.
(b) Her college graduation.
(c) Her award winning performance.
(d) Her first recital.
14. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
(a) Pill bottles on the counter.
(b) Note from her father.
(c) Book about depression.
(d) Picture of the little girl.
15. What name does Catherine's mother cry and repeat over and over?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine's mother tell her that her relative was treated for depression?
2. Why does Catherine throw away the note she found?
3. What was Catherine's job for Christmas dinner?
4. What does Catherine find out is wrong with Miss Bingham?
5. What does Catherine's mother say that she has become?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)