1. What does Catherine remember about her father?
Catherine remembers her father, the way he dressed and the way his Adam's apple would bob when he spoke.
2. What did Catherine remember listening to as she rode on the bus through her hometown?
Catherine remembers listening to the Orangemen's drumming contests as she is riding on the bus through her hometown.
3. How did Catherine's father explain the Orangemen to Catherine?
Catherine's father explains that the Orangemen are Protestants, and they play large goatskin drums. According to Catherine's father, they play so hard that their wrists bleed, all to feel superior to Catholics.
4. How did Catherine feel about the drums and how did they make her feel?
Catherine was thrilled by the drums. She said she could feel them deep in her chest like bells.
5. What happened in Catherine's hometown according to the bus driver?
According to the bus driver there was a bombing in October. No one was hurt because there was enough warning.
This section contains 2,382 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)