|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bingham describe Catherine's work?
(a) Moody and changing.
(b) Inconsistent and spiraling.
(c) Surprising and catchy.
(d) Powerful and difficult.
2. Why does Catherine ring the bell to get in her house?
(a) She doesn't want to wake Anna.
(b) She lost her key.
(c) She can't think straight.
(d) She can't get to her key.
3. How does Catherine's mother want to walk home?
(a) Through the woods.
(b) Through the graveyard.
(c) Through downtown.
(d) Through the countryside.
4. What happens when Catherine tries to play a piece that she hasn't finished writing for her favorite composer?
(a) His wife faints and has to be taken away.
(b) He interrupts her.
(c) He falls asleep in the chair.
(d) His dog tries to mount her.
5. What was the first lie Catherine had ever told about?
(a) Skipping school.
(b) A boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chinese restaurant have to do to be able to stay in business?
2. What does Catherine's mother say about her after learning she had a child?
3. How does Catherine's favorite composer respond when she asks him about music and influences?
4. What does lying around in bed remind Catherine of?
5. What does Catherine wonder how to tell her mother?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)