|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Catherine use to describe how she is worried about her composition as rehearsals start?
2. What does Catherine do whenever she feels herself getting the flu?
(a) The need to be in bed.
(b) The desire to listen to music.
(c) The desire to hear Buchner.
(d) The need to write.
3. Why was Liz shocked that Catherine had a child?
(a) She thought she was moving back home.
(b) She had never noticed she was pregnant.
(c) She didn't know she was married.
(d) She knows it will impede her music career.
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Catherine feels about leaving the hospital?
5. Why does Catherine throw away the note she found?
(a) Because it is reminding her father to meet someone on an unidentified Tuesday.
(b) Because she doesn't want her mother to see it.
(c) Because it brings back too many bad memories.
(d) Because she can't read the writing on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do after the funeral when they get back to the house?
2. Who did Catherine write this song for?
3. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
4. What do Catherine and her mother talk about as they drink brandy?
5. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)