|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's mother notice and ask her about when she wakes her up?
(a) Book about depression.
(b) Note from her father.
(c) Picture of the little girl.
(d) Pill bottles on the counter.
2. What type of rhythm comes to Catherine as she thinks about celebration music?
(a) A sequence of highs and lows like life.
(b) A drum beat steady and true like a heart beat.
(c) Breathing rhythm in three-note sequence.
(d) The breathing and panting required in labor.
3. Why were some of the buildings in Catherine's town boarded up?
(a) A flood had ravaged the town.
(b) The major business in the town had left and so had many people.
(c) There was a bombing.
(d) There was high unemployment.
4. Why does Catherine look at the nurse for reassurance as the plane descends?
(a) The sound of the engine changes.
(b) She isn't sure what to do next.
(c) She doesn't want to be left alone.
(d) Her pain is much worse.
5. How long does it take Catherine to learn to drive?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Catherine's father die?
2. What does Catherine tell Liz?
3. Where does Catherine go to view the body of her father?
4. Why does Catherine teach?
5. What does Catherine decide to wear to her father's funeral?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)